Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dexy

VIP Member
I went to see a medium September 2018. She told me it was my granny visiting me. Firstly she said to tell my dad ( her son) to go to the doctors about his right ear. He’ll ignore this and it’ll get worse. That evening I asked my dad if his ear was sore. He said yes. He’d had an ongoing cold but it was going now and he was fine. I told him the message. He said it had gone now. Several weeks later he was at the docs with a horrendous ear infection that took him weeks to get over.
Then she told me my husband’s navy blue car had an electrical fault and he’s been trying to fix it for weeks ( also true no). She told me I had the spirit of a black and white cat around me called Jessie. I work with animals and sure enough had taken this animal to the vets to be pts.
She said my son was doing great at nursery despite my concerns ( I hadn’t told anyone my thoughts) and he was going to make friends with a little boy who had long, wavy hair. The very next day my husband came home and said our son had made a new friend who ‘ looked like a girl. ‘ I logged into my son’s tapestry and there was a pic of the back of this child’s head - long , wavy, blonde locks - playing with my child. She also told me that week he’d been learning about space ( he had ) and was loving it. She described his personality in detail, all correct. She knew I’d been in an awful relationship before my husband ( emotionally abusive) and that another time a man had ‘ forced himself on me.’ Again, this was true, I got jumped on in a hotel but thankfully I managed to get away. Only my husband knew this, I never reported it. Then she said you’ve been thinking about having more children. Again, no one knew this. She said don’t leave it too late. You need to decide soon. You don’t want too big an age gap. To my best friend she told her that my husband and I would go through a rough patch and I’d need her loads. Best friend laughed this off as my husband and I are very solid. The following year I suffered a miscarriage with lots of complications that meant I was in and out of hospital. It put a strain on my relationship and also meant we were told not to try for another pregnancy for at least six months. The psychic had told me that ‘ there’s a little girl waiting. If you want her, she’s there.’ Well I’m now 14 weeks pregnant and through that year the only thing that kept me positive was this psychics words above, trusting that it would happen as everything else had. I don’t know the sex of my baby but I’m pretty sure she is a girl. It’ll be the last thing to come true. I can’t thank this woman enough. 😊

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I used to and had a LOT of readings over the years with wildly varying accuracy.

But then I watched Derren Brown on psychics and mediums and felt like a complete idiot.

Bunch of shysters, the whole lot of them.

Reactions: 12

carebear123

Just wondering what others think of mediums...or if you have been told stuff and its ended up happening.

I went to one a few years ago I was thinking before I went it will turn out a load of rubbish or they wont be able to read me.
So I go see this woman and she tells me there is some people coming threw from the other side.
she describes a man and gives me a name William (bill).I'm totally baffled thinking I dont know anyone called that name she says its someone to do with your grandad.

few weeks later I go to my dads sister (my auntie)theres a man who looks familiar on a photo in her living room but I'm not sure who he is so I ask is his name bill,my auntie said yes it's your grandads brother.i grew up not knowing my dads side of the family so i wouldn't of known who he was.

she also said theres a little girl who 7 and she stands with you and she knows you love her so much and it wasn't your fault you need to stop blaming yourself,I'd lost a baby years earlier and she would of been 7 I'd always blamed myself (as you can imagine I was in bits at this point)

She also said I'd hold two keys and move house,at the time I thought it was rubbish as I'd just moved 18 months before well I ended up moving and holding my old keys and my new keys for a few days.

She said I'd go threw a court case but it would turn out ok and not to worry last year i went threw a court case never saw it coming and i walked away and this year it's all turned out ok from that case.

There was other things too but more personal.

anyone else have any storys the good the bad the ugly x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

petra23

I went to see a medium in July with my niece and two of my friends. She told my niece that she was going to be having a baby girl in the summer. We laughed about it as my niece was only 17 and could not have been more anti-men if she tried! How wrong we were!... Her baby girl is due in June :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
My dad passed away a few years ago now and a couple of months later my mum and sister went to see a medium on stage. Halfway through the show he channelled my dad, he said he had excruciating pain in his leg, my dad had nearly lost his leg years earlier and had lived in pain with it ever since, the medium pointed to where it was most painful which was the exact spot my dad had a hole in the bone. He said he couldn't repeat the words being used, my dad swore, a lot. He complained that we had thrown away a carpet that had cost a small fortune, which we had and he also said that he was sorry that the one born in July wasn't there to say goodbye, my niece was in Australia. He also said he was sorry that he didn't tell us how poorly he was, my dad was poorly for about two years before he died. He also mentioned my brother by name. He also said other things which applied to my dad and our family. There were too many things for the medium to be faking it. Also, my great grandmother had a gift, she knew when things were happening even if she wasn't present. One example was my dad fell Ill, my great grandmother rushed to my nana to tell her she needed to get to the local hospital as my dad was in grave danger. My dad was admitted into hospital at the same time with a burst appendix in the nearest city. There is no way my great grandmother could have been informed as she had no telephone, this was early 60s. There are lots of other examples of her knowing things too, she knew when my uncle had been playing with a ouija board and she went crazy at him for messing with things he couldn't control.

Reactions: 9

Calabria

VIP Member
I saw one when I was on holiday in Salem, MA and she was the biggest fraud going. She clearly clocked my tourist camera as she “sensed” a journey in my future 🙄 and ended up telling me my Dad was going to die (I mean duh, he’s human, we all die) and that I should take time to repair anything from the past with him (such generic advice). She also said that my work were going to make a clerical error and gift me a second company car which they’d allow me to keep. That was four years ago, my Dad is still alive and I’m still waiting on a second car.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

GossBoss

VIP Member
I went to see a medium at a public demonstration. Never seen the bloke before in my life, you paid on the door and he had absolutely no idea I even existed prior to the evening let alone knew my name/social media etc.

I went with an open mind expecting nothing. He came to me first saying there was a lady standing behind me with her hands on my shoulders (scared or what 🙃)

Turned out it was my Nan, he relayed things that he could NEVER have known + they were random things that could only be applicable to me - he said about a message I'd written in a friend's Birthday card the night before, specific things about my garden / home etc etc. It was scarily accurate but very comforting too !

I've been a few times since with other friends + they've had people come through and he was v accurate there too !

Reactions: 8

Princesspinky

I went to a medium after my uncle died ( he was a surrogate dad to me )
Did not know this man , never met all he had was my name .
When I walked in he immediately told me my dad was with me and hasn't left me since the day he died ( I was 2 when my actual dad died , he took his own life) . He told me that he was sorry he lefy me how he did , and it wasn't my fault but he will always be with me .
He picked up on two babies , I had , had two miscarriages but he insisted it wasn't seperate pregnancies it was twins. The last one I lost I was convinced it had been twins but there was no way of ever knowing for sure.
He told me a name , Michael . My uncle had Michael in his name but also his estranged son was called Michael. He said that your uncle wants to you say sorry to Michael for him. Michael had followed his dad's footsteps into the military but had gotten into drugs and got kicked out . My uncle tried and tried to keep him in , I assume this message was because he felt he didn't do enough for him .
He picked up on lots of things , from my husband at the time being a twat 😂 , to my mum being difficult.
The last time I went to him , he actually said to me you don't need to come to me , you know they're all with you and I'm only telling you what you already know ! I haven't had the urge to go since but I wouldn't go to anyone else

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
I saw Sally Morgan live and she was fucking awful. Didn’t get one thing right about one person and never gave enough detail to be accurate. All her questions were leading and everyone had a common name that she could guess 🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Noseyparker21

I paid £5.00 at a Christmas fair last month for a 15 minute taster session with a medium who was also reading tarot cards. So wasn’t expecting much.

I lost my father in law this summer, It was a form of very aggressive cancer that took him so suddenly and quickly we didn’t even get a diagnosis until after he died. I didn’t mention any of this to her.

towards the end of the session I said I had recently lost someone and I didn’t know how long I should wait until I pay to speak to a medium. Without hesitation she said ‘I know, he’s been stood here the whole time’ I was so shocked, I hadn’t even let on it was a male. She then went on to say that he was angry because he didn’t have chance to say goodbye and he thought he should have had longer, and described all his symptoms and even told me something I said to him when he passed.

there’s no way she could have know this! However I have heard some awful stories where people have said the most ridiculous things, for example my friend recently paid £30 for a reading and the lady told her that King Richard the third of England was sat next to her and wanted to thank her for naming her business after him. Hahaha! She had booked the reading with her work email address so pretty obvious where the lady had picked it up from.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

mummy2under2

VIP Member
I haven’t had a personal reading before, but I went with my mum a few years ago to see Lisa Williams Live.
I was always a sceptic before I saw her, and now I wonder how the bloody hell she does it!

My mum had changed the pictures in my grandmothers (dead 6 years) locket the day before and put pictures of her other grandkids in...my grandmother “came through” and said she’d better change the pictures back.
Also brought up the fact my mums old school friend had been murdered. Everyone thought that but the coroner closed it as a heart attack and wouldn’t do toxicology. He was actually poisoned by his ex gf.
She even got his first and sirname correct.

Safe to say I was shitting it all the way through. 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Pineapple22

I think they're vultures who prey on vulnerable people who are lonely and/or grieving to make a few quid. Just watching Derren Brown makes me even more certain they're a con. His shows are incredible but really show the power of the mind.

Tor88

I saw a medium about 6 months ago. A friend booked it and the guy had no idea who was turning up apart from her. He was spot on with everything, my gramp came through and the stuff the guy told me was amazing. He did my gramps mannerisms. Told me about things going on currently in my life, that no one knew and knew exactly how my gramp died. Throughout the whole reading the medium didn’t even know who this gentleman was to me just that he was there. I 100% believe but also there are a lot of scammers

The one time I went with friends it was a load of complete and utter bollocks - she tried giving similar stories for each of us and was clearly fishing for info to make her seem more genuine. It's a shame, as I had gone into it with a clear and open mind.

For example, she said to my friend she would have three children (My friend can't have children, she doesn't have any eggs so it's an impossibility) and when my friend said this wasn't possible she insisted she would birth three children, it would definitely happen and they would be hers etc not adoption. Suffice to say that screwed her up as not having children is something she's still not fully come to terms with, so that woman did a lot of damage to her for some time with that senseless comment.

My other friend she said had already met the love of her life and they would be together and happy (She was being used by her ex for sex, she was hoping he would want something more again and she was head over heels for him) he's now engaged to someone else, and guess what? She's still not over him since she's been told they are meant to be together and thinks he will eventually realise she's the one for him.

As for myself, her "messages" were bollocks. She tried saying she was in contact with my grandfather then grandmother and guessing popular names for that age (joke was on her as the are all still alive) the only person close to me who died is my dad but obviously that never got mentioned as she was hedging her bets saying a grandparent. She was fishing for information but on account of my condition she couldn't read me to get any (I have autism so naturally my face doesn't emote much, hence her trouble) then she started getting nasty. Saying stuff about me being depressed, that my life was miserable, that the person I was dating would betray me and it wouldn't last etc, we would soon split.

I'd just started dating someone new two and a half months earlier after an abusive relationship and guess what? Nearly 5 years later we are still together and more importantly, HAPPY. I couldn't imagine life without him and he's never done me wrong, he's the most caring, loving man I could wish for, nothing like what she tried tod say he was.

After that experience I don't think I'd go to see anyone like that again. If I'd listened to her I could have sabotaged what I had with him.

Do I think genuine ones are out there? I hope so, but I also think there are a lot of scammers, and as such it's important to be careful who you go to.

• Heart

tolpol

Acorah was a proven charlatan and fired from TV.
They are all con artists who prey on the vulnerable and should all be in jail.

Juliet

Chatty Member
These people are very good at what they do. And what they do is read you and your body language and are able to extract information from you without you even realising it.

I am quite a spiritual person and I do believe in some sort of afterlife, I so wanted to believe that psychics and mediums were real for years. I’ve been to 4 or 5 different psychics and mediums, one on whom is very well spoken of in my area. Sorry but I don’t believe they’re real.

Reactions: 5

MsWitch94

I went to one just a few weeks ago with my husband who is very anti readings, mediums etc. The first thing she said to my husband was, I know you don’t believe but ”papa” is here and he presents you with a bible and is stood next to his daughter “she has been finally found” ( so my husbands Granda was a minister and his daughter had been missing for 35 years with no idea if she was alive or not). She then turns to me and sings a song, (this song is not well known and it was played at my fathers funeral) she said your dad is saying happy birthday but it’s not your birthday (it was his) at this point we were both like yeah ok.
she then provided some insane details about the flat we just moved into, we had an issue with the built in wardrobe and she suggest we paint it, which we were going to do the next day, she then spoke about our fertility and how we need to make intimacy fun again that our time would come after seeing a geneticist, I have that appointment next week.
she mentioned my mum who is still here and how I need to manage her finances take her to drs sort out power attorney etc. My mums just been diagnosed with dementia
lastly she said you know, you can do this. You have this gift use it, use your dreams. I would say my dreams are vivid and I do tend to dream about the future, also when I’m in crowded places or work I get the urge to tell people things, and so far everything has been right.

mummy2under2

VIP Member
I personally would never go and see one purely because I don't want to know what's going to happen to me but I have lots of friends who have been. Some were very accurate and even knew names of people who were still alive. My SiL was told she would move house and that it would have a specific number in and so when they were looking at houses she saw one that had this number in and said the Medium had said about it so they bought it! I do think it can make things happen for some people because they've told them it's going to.
Another friend had a boy and was told her next baby would be a girl...it was a boy!
Another friend was also told the wrong sex of her baby. I mean it's 50/50 isn't it?!

I did know a fella who told everyone he was a Medium but I used to say to him 'don't tell me anything' but he would. It really annoyed me. He told me the name of a woman who 'walks with me' but the only person I knew with that name was my boss's wife who had died and so I don't know why she would be walking with me?! It was an 'old' name. He also said that all the dead people stand around outside his living room window wanting him to pass messages on! He then said his 4 year old daughter had the gift and she sat up in bed one night and started talking but it was his dead sisters voice coming out of her! It used to creep me out!
Bloody hell.
Woulda put his daughter in the bin - all of her 😂

• Haha

SisterBliss

@boredjess : Sure! Tarot just like any other divination method is just a tool to help us channel our intuition. Different people get on with different things, some read cards, others runes, tea leaves, crystal ball, horoscopes etc. Tarot is, imo one of the most difficult methods to master because there is so much info contained in the cards that you have to be selective with what you talk about, you need to be able to see the whole picture that’s when cards are most accurate and helpful. Also there are so many different decks now, and every new iteration tries to be original and different and you can end up with frankly decks that are utter nonsense. But Raider Waite is the classic deck that most people use, and is imo the most helpful. There’s also Toth Tarot deck produced by Alister Crowley and his followers (this is based in 19th century mysticism) which is intensely Jungian and archetypal and some very good readers will swear by it, but it’s almost impenetrable to most. So those two, and others that are based heavily on them, are the ones to look out for. As for the reading, it’s about formulating the question clearly in your head, and then, depending on the reading type (you have different spreads, using different number of cards that you pick, in different formation) but broadly, it should explore where you were with regards to the issue at hand, where you are right now, and where you will be, your hopes and fears, people around you, obstacles, best course of action etc. At it’s simplest you can just do three cards - past, present and future - but it can get a lot more detailed than this. Tarot cards are very hard to master, to remember the meanings, and the reverse meanings, combinations and for it to become so natural that you no longer focus on the cards but when you are reading, you see the story unfold. The quality of reading also depends on the question. Often people will be preoccupied with something but will want a reading for something else, and cards have a knack of reading what you are truly preoccupied with, so the readings you get might not be the readings you were hoping for, this is why the reader should explain to the client how things work and advise them to be honest and focus on things that really come to mind, rather than suppressing and pushing away things they don’t want to think about.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Sparks

Chatty Member
I went to one in 2011. He didn't call himself a medium but that is what he was. He talked about my aura, told me that kids and animals feel drawn to me. He told me I needed to watch my sugar and carb intake as he can sense me developing diabetes in the future (my mum is diabetic). He told me that my husband is my soulmate even if he drives me crazy and asked if I had any questions. I wanted to know if we would have another baby. We had been trying for a while and even tried fertility drugs with no success. He said if I wanted another baby I would get pregnant the following year between Jan-July. I thought ok now I know he is full of it because we have been trying and it is not happening.
Guess who got pregnant in February the following year. He is 7 now and I still can't believe we were able to have another baby after trying for 6 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 4