Eugenia Cooney #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looks absolutely terrified and you can hear the panic in her voice. I'm sadly not convinced this is anything other than an attempt to get back into a space where her content can be monetised.

She needs proper therapy, proper help and close assistance from a whole team of medical staff (dietitians, psychology and psychiatry, OT, all that jazz) not licking the end of a lobster roll and pretending she ate more than half a chip.

It worries me that some people who are deep in the trenches of a restrictive ED will watch this and use it to justify their own inappropriate meals. As others have said she is at huge risk of refeeding syndrome and it worries me that someone might watch this in a similar situation to her, decide they can recover on their own because "she's doing it" and then end up in a bigger pickle.

Reactions: 14
I agree with whoever said her Mother should be in jail. Eugenia can't be long for this world, she's dying - I mean we are all, but very slowly - her organs will have to give up soon and her death will be imminent.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
would you not feel guilty receiving 1000s of comments like this when you know it’s all a facade?
I feel like that question should be asked of Deb. How can she just sit there like the cat who's just swallowed the canary during the video knowing it's all a facade of Eugenia eating a normal meal.

Regarding Eugenia, I honestly think that she is so far gone and in denial about her illness that guilt doesn't enter the picture. I also think she is proud of her body; the anorexic mind doesn't interpret a near death looking body the same way a non-anorexic mind does. Or it could be that in her mind touching a french fry to her mouth before "eating" a salt-sized piece of it is actual progress. (But that would imply that starting to eat food is a goal of hers - when I think it isn't). It's hard to know.

What makes me feel sick is how out of it she seemed, almost like she was under the influence. Only I don't think it was drugs, I think it was the mental confusion that comes as bodily organs fail. And it almost seemed that they had a staff member of Disney with her and Deb at all points of the trip. That staff member would obviously have a direct line to the medical clinic they have behind the scenes at all Disney locations. Can you imagine the terrible press if Eugenia has a cardiac arrest with a fatal outcome during her trip? (Oh, I feel terrible saying that but it's honestly what I'm thinking).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What I don’t understand is why her and her mother don’t recognise that a recovery journey would be incredibly popular, and likely get her even more fame and fortune? That is the spin her mother should be putting on it to get her to agree to some help. Instead of this morbid tit show.

Reactions: 17
What I don’t understand is why her and her mother don’t recognise that a recovery journey would be incredibly popular, and likely get her even more fame and fortune? That is the spin her mother should be putting on it to get her to agree to some help. Instead of this morbid tit show.
for sure, like remember the shane dawson video?

Reactions: 5
Her mom doesn't want her to recover, clearly, and neither does her father. I see Deb blame here a lot, and of course I agree, but her father is just as guilty let's not forget this. Just because we see her mom more often doesn't mean she's all the more guilty of this shitshow.
I think her mom has a serious mental illness and just wants to keep her daughter locked inside the house for as long as she's alive, there is probably some kind of illness for it but idk what it is. If Eugenia recovers (I don't think she's capable anymore, but let's go with the idea for now) she can move out. When she's out of the house, the parents will lose whatever controle they have on her for whatever reason they want/need to. And also Eugenia may come to realize what has happened to her. With her being so public, a lot of things can go wrong for her parents. It can destroy their life if she turns on them and spills the beans. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of dark tit going on behind closed doors, things they don't want to get out so as long as they keep her like this she'll stay silent because she needs them just as much as they need her for whatever reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Eugenias mum has always given me the creeps. She is a strange lady and probably does have issues herself which could probably be why Eugenia is the way she is.

Reactions: 7
I think I’m the only person who doesn’t blame her parents. My sister has an ED (in a recovery of sorts now thank god) and my parents tried everything throughout her entire teenage years and 20s. My sister lived at home with them and only moved out aged 32 when she met someone online and got married. Her husband now has a hellish time with her, even though she’s not as sick as she was. I’m glad she doesn’t live at home anymore as my parents were like zombies.

My parents love her so much, tried everything in the book, and more. After almost 20 years of my sister’s illness, they are both totally numb and almost emotionless about it all, they were resigned to letting her more or less ‘get on with it’ fully expecting her to die before them, at a very young age. Pretty sure both my parents have undiagnosed depression and anxiety and possibly ptsd as a result. My mum once told me she wished my sister would just die already, so the illness would no longer effect my brother and I. I don’t think she could see how badly it was effecting her and my father. They were so used to it.

You don’t know what it’s like until you’ve lived through it with someone. Sometimes there’s nothing more you can do, until they want to take action and get better themselves. And even then, their version of ‘getting better’ isn’t a full recovery. It’s not just the person with the illness who suffers but the immediate family & loved ones who see it every day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Fair enough, but what we have seen from Eugenia's parents they are actively stopping her from getting treatment. With the doors and windows locked so she can't get out, with their lawyer getting involved in everything and when her last remaining friends tried to intervene and get actual help their lawyer made it so they could never do it again etc. That is something completely else from what your parents have done @femmegirly . They tried everything, if nothing works there is nothing you can do but that is a big difference from what for example Deb is doing: taking pictures of her and actively promoting this and even telling her audience that Eugenia is super healthy. Your parents never did any of that from what I am reading. Deb is pretending nothing is wrong, that is super harmful though.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think I’m the only person who doesn’t blame her parents. My sister has an ED (in a recovery of sorts now thank god) and my parents tried everything throughout her entire teenage years and 20s. My sister lived at home with them and only moved out aged 32 when she met someone online and got married. Her husband now has a hellish time with her, even though she’s not as sick as she was. I’m glad she doesn’t live at home anymore as my parents were like zombies.

My parents love her so much, tried everything in the book, and more. After almost 20 years of my sister’s illness, they are both totally numb and almost emotionless about it all, they were resigned to letting her more or less ‘get on with it’ fully expecting her to die before them, at a very young age. Pretty sure both my parents have undiagnosed depression and anxiety and possibly ptsd as a result. My mum once told me she wished my sister would just die already, so the illness would no longer effect my brother and I. I don’t think she could see how badly it was effecting her and my father. They were so used to it.

You don’t know what it’s like until you’ve lived through it with someone. Sometimes there’s nothing more you can do, until they want to take action and get better themselves. And even then, their version of ‘getting better’ isn’t a full recovery. It’s not just the person with the illness who suffers but the immediate family & loved ones who see it every day.
of course ED’s are not triggered by all parents but Eugenia literally has never had friends and has barely been without her mother in tow.
ED’s are usually a form of control. I had an ED but grew up with DV, SA, bullying at school etc… Initially I restricted food to look better and feel better about myself and hoped that would stop bullying, but eventually it turned out to be the only thing I could ‘control’ and it was a way of self harming too (a whole other issue).
so as I say, not necessarily to do with parents but Eugenias parents are odd and have actively stopped her getting treatment said she eats normally…

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We had friends, family, neighbours, people we didn’t even know talk about us ‘not doing anything’ when in fact we were in turmoil and trying everything with no success. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.

It’s not the same but my sister used to through phases of insisting on going to do the weekly ‘big shop’ with my parents. In front of shop staff & other customers she used to manipulate my mum into having performative conversations about the food they were buying, pretending the food was for her. She used to unwrap chocolate bars while still standing at the checkout but as soon as they got out the shop, they would immediately be binned, uneaten. My mum went along with it for an easy (easier) life. The alternative was tantrums using energy my sister just didn’t have, suicide threats, running away threats etc.

We didn’t have windows and doors locked because our house was tiny and there was always someone in the house with her, as my sister couldn’t be left alone and couldn’t go anywhere unchaperoned as she would pass out. She would threaten to run away constantly because she was being ‘forced’ to eat and get better, when she didn’t want to.

I didn’t know EC’s parents had stopped her getting help. That does seem very odd.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Her mom doesn't want her to recover, clearly, and neither does her father. I see Deb blame here a lot, and of course I agree, but her father is just as guilty let's not forget this. Just because we see her mom more often doesn't mean she's all the more guilty of this shitshow.
I think her mom has a serious mental illness and just wants to keep her daughter locked inside the house for as long as she's alive, there is probably some kind of illness for it but idk what it is. If Eugenia recovers (I don't think she's capable anymore, but let's go with the idea for now) she can move out. When she's out of the house, the parents will lose whatever controle they have on her for whatever reason they want/need to. And also Eugenia may come to realize what has happened to her. With her being so public, a lot of things can go wrong for her parents. It can destroy their life if she turns on them and spills the beans. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of dark tit going on behind closed doors, things they don't want to get out so as long as they keep her like this she'll stay silent because she needs them just as much as they need her for whatever reason.
I think that was the issue when she had the place in California. The mom had lost her control of the situation.

Reactions: 4
Eugenia has posted another TikTok from Disney. She (possibly) eats a tiny bite of tuna roll (?) (badly edited) and a tiny piece of chicken.

Is there any explanation for the FIFTEEN chews/bites of each piece? What's that all about?

Anyway, yes, she's back at Disney and the ponds are so pretty here and the ponies are so pretty here.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Eugenia has posted another TikTok from Disney. She (possibly) eats a tiny bite of tuna roll (?) (badly edited) and a tiny piece of chicken.

Is there any explanation for the FIFTEEN chews/bites of each piece? What's that all about?

Anyway, yes, she's back at Disney and the ponds are so pretty here and the ponies are so pretty here.
is she there for Bats day???

Reactions: 1
Might just be trying to keep it in there, or that more chewing = burning calories (not a lot, although that doesn’t matter when you’ve got an ED. Loss is a loss).

Might just be trying to keep it in there, or that more chewing = burning calories (not a lot, although that doesn’t matter when you’ve got an ED. Loss is a loss).
Chewing a lot is actually pretty good for digestion (in general!), so maybe she read about it and thinks she will digest it quicker or something and also it stretches time. Like it's a huge ED trick to eat very slowly and chew a lot and fork your food back forth pretending you are constantly eating when in reality you aren't (speaking from past experience).

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Oh, wow, that was painful to watch. Why the dark sunglasses in the dark restaurant? And the super high pitched voice; it's almost as if she is in the midst of a panic attack.

I think the excessive chewing, @Marmalade Atkins, is due to her being soooooo food avoidant that she absolutely dreads swallowing even the tiniest tidbit. She seemed much more comfortable sipping through a straw.

Very sad to watch. She looks even worse, IMO. ☹

Reactions: 3
Her digestive system will also be shot so she’ll need to chew a lot to help with digestion. It’s hard to swallow when your brain is screaming at you to not eat too. I hope I’m wrong but I wonder if she’s been told the end is near so they’ve been going to Disney a lot to ease that sadness and make memories? To me it looks like she’s declined recently.