EU Elections

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don't get is why haven't they counted all the UK ones by now, they've had days to do it

Reactions: 1
What I don't get is why haven't they counted all the UK ones by now, they've had days to do it
Because they aren't allowed. Counting cannot begin until polls close at the final EU country to vote.

If we counted before then, there is a chance that information is leaked, which could influence other countries and how they vote.

Not every country votes on Thursday. The majority I believe hold votes on Sundays (which makes sense imo).

Reactions: 6
Because they aren't allowed. Counting cannot begin until polls close at the final EU country to vote.

If we counted before then, there is a chance that information is leaked, which could influence other countries and how they vote.

Not every country votes on Thursday. The majority I believe hold votes on Sundays (which makes sense imo).
I thought about that but then how have they managed to count all of Wales and west midlands in an hour and a half?

I find the banning of discussing even the voting on TV and radio really outdated now we have the internet, as if some callers on lbc would affect the votes in other countries

Reactions: 2
Oh ffs, the Brexit Party are up to 12 now.

Bastards.

EDIT: 15

I can't bear to watch this, I'm off to hate watch Jane Gammons.

Reactions: 5
I thought about that but then how have they managed to count all of Wales and west midlands in an hour and a half?

I find the banning of discussing even the voting on TV and radio really outdated now we have the internet, as if some callers on lbc would affect the votes in other countries
Because of population density in those areas. Less people, less to count, but they also get less seats per region.

Because of population density in those areas. Less people, less to count, but they also get less seats per region.
Still seems a bit quick to have counted so many votes compared to a GE, even though there's less. Maybe they started counting early evening?

Tory's heading towards 5th place and still a very divided country. It's just going towards a no deal now if no one can decide.

The results for the UK are pretty disappointing so far. Also, France isn’t looking that great either. I mean Le Pen?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Italy, France, Hungary - all going far right. Also the UK if you count the Brexit party.

I pray to god we can sort this out now. If we hold a second referendum it’s the biggest indicator it will be another leave majority. Time to put divisions and arguments aside and try to make the best of it.

REALLY happy with the surge in the Greens.

Reactions: 7
Still seems a bit quick to have counted so many votes compared to a GE, even though there's less. Maybe they started counting early evening?

Tory's heading towards 5th place and still a very divided country. It's just going towards a no deal now if no one can decide.
Small turnouts is also a factor. Only 27% of eligible people voted in my area, which is a much smaller proportion than in a general election.

Overall turnout was only 36.7%. I can't imagine that remain voters turned out in force this time judging by the success of the Brexit Party. You'd think people would have learnt that their vote is important after the referendum results.

What's holding up the last 2 results?

I think this tweet sums it up:

"Conclusion: we're all still furious with each other"

Must admit I went down the tactical voting route this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think anyone who thinks it’s a victory for anti Brexit is kidding themselves tbh and the adding up the parties thing is spin, as it excludes tribal votes for LibDems, Conservative who are a self declared Brexit party and the section of Lab who face towards Brexit. There was more motivation for remainers to vote who want to be in the EU, than Brexiteers who don’t. Those percentage tables are comparing No Deal with remain. If it goes to second referendum the true indication is we will vote leave again.

Reactions: 4
I really wish we had mandatory voting like Australia.

Doesn’t matter if you don’t agree with any of the parties (and you can select this as an option), but people should be voting, even to voice they don’t agree with anyone.

In aus there’s a fine if you don’t.

Reactions: 9
I think anyone who thinks it’s a victory for anti Brexit is kidding themselves tbh and the adding up the parties thing is spin, as it excludes tribal votes for LibDems, Conservative who are a self declared Brexit party and the section of Lab who face towards Brexit. There was more motivation for remainers to vote who want to be in the EU, than Brexiteers who don’t. Those percentage tables are comparing No Deal with remain. If it goes to second referendum the true indication is we will vote leave again.
I don't think as you say its so simple

The results of eu referendum will be very different to if a 2nd referendum were to ever happen.

Turnout eu elections low I think as its only for 6months it's hardly worth it.
Remain or leave crosses all parties

Only greens and lib dems are room remain by their manifesto.
Labour is sat on the fence.
Conservatives committed to brexit but they don't all agree.
Change UK won't get far
UKIP damaged themselves
So brexit party has scooped up a lot of seats and votes.

If we had another referendum
Or general election still unsure how peoples vote and the turnout be a lot bigger.

I can't believe that many people voted for Farage. :sick:
I don’t think that many people voted for ‘Farage’, I think that’s an over simplification of the issue.

You have a bunch of people who were probably loyal Tory or labour whom felt their party no longer represented them. Within that you probably had leave voters whom felt they were not getting the democracy they were entitled to with regards to brexit. Remain voters who value the democratic system. And some in between who voted as a protest. They voted brexit party.

Then you have those who left labour/conservatives to vote Lib Dem/green etc. And those who stayed loyal.

I think a minority actually voted with the mind set of wanting Farage himself in a position of power.

Love him or hate him, ‘he’s’ just stormed an election with a 6 week old party that has no manifesto. I didn’t vote brexit party, but I understand the reasonings for why people did. I personally think when we get to a point where we start belittling people for the way they voted, you are going to end up with more issues that before.

I personally think when we get to a point where we start belittling people for the way they voted, you are going to end up with more issues that before.
Bit late for that, it's what we've been experiencing ever since the bloody referendum.

I don’t think that many people voted for ‘Farage’, I think that’s an over simplification of the issue.

You have a bunch of people who were probably loyal Tory or labour whom felt their party no longer represented them. Within that you probably had leave voters whom felt they were not getting the democracy they were entitled to with regards to brexit. Remain voters who value the democratic system. And some in between who voted as a protest. They voted brexit party.

Then you have those who left labour/conservatives to vote Lib Dem/green etc. And those who stayed loyal.

I think a minority actually voted with the mind set of wanting Farage himself in a position of power.

Love him or hate him, ‘he’s’ just stormed an election with a 6 week old party that has no manifesto. I didn’t vote brexit party, but I understand the reasonings for why people did. I personally think when we get to a point where we start belittling people for the way they voted, you are going to end up with more issues that before.
I totally get why a lot of people voted for the Brexit party, as they voted with the thought they would then deliver Brexit, but I still can't imagine voting to put Farage in a position of power. I'm sure he was trying to get Brexit to happen as quickly as possible instead of trying to get the best deal (which as much as I dislike May as well, she seemed to be trying to do), which imo could be catastrophic.