Essential oil diffusers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do like the smell of the Neom oils but I bought the wellbeing pod and I have to say I was very underwhelmed. Everyone on Instagram was saying their whole house smelt like a spa, I live in a very small house and I could barely smell it in the room it was in 😐
I’m the exact same!!! I was so excited to get the well-being pod and oil to see if it would help with my sleep in lockdown! But same as you, very underwhelmed especially when you think of how expensive they are. Can hardly smell the oils at all, I was wondering was I not using enough 🤣

Reactions: 1
I’m the exact same!!! I was so excited to get the well-being pod and oil to see if it would help with my sleep in lockdown! But same as you, very underwhelmed especially when you think of how expensive they are. Can hardly smell the oils at all, I was wondering was I not using enough 🤣
I don’t think it’s the amount, I started pouring loads in and it made no difference. I was very sad as I was so excited when I bought it! Have you tried other oils in it? Maybe it’s the neom ones that are the problem? I’ve only tried those in there and then just gave up on using it but maybe oils from somewhere else would be better? I might try one of the diffusers from Amazon recommended here and see if there’s a difference, could buy about 5 for the price of the Neom! Oh well it still looks nice on the side🤦🏻‍♀️

I don’t think it’s the amount, I started pouring loads in and it made no difference. I was very sad as I was so excited when I bought it! Have you tried other oils in it? Maybe it’s the neom ones that are the problem? I’ve only tried those in there and then just gave up on using it but maybe oils from somewhere else would be better? I might try one of the diffusers from Amazon recommended here and see if there’s a difference, could buy about 5 for the price of the Neom! Oh well it still looks nice on the side🤦🏻‍♀️
I have a diffuser from amazon and used it with other oils before and it was really good! I keep it downstairs and use the fresh skin oils from Amazon in it! Really like their orange one. The white company ones work well in it too!

I really do think it’s the oils that are the difference 🙈 Im going to try the white company oils in the neom diffuser and see what they are like. I have the spa restore one and the Seychelles one and they are so good, you can actually smell them🤣

I have a diffuser from amazon and used it with other oils before and it was really good! I keep it downstairs and use the fresh skin oils from Amazon in it! Really like their orange one. The white company ones work well in it too!

I really do think it’s the oils that are the difference 🙈 Im going to try the white company oils in the neom diffuser and see what they are like. I have the spa restore one and the Seychelles one and they are so good, you can actually smell them🤣
I will try some of your recommendations then! Let me know if it makes any difference using the white company oils in the Neom!

• Heart
I have this one too! I love it 🥰 I also got a set of about 12 oils on Amazon, I use lavender/ylang ylang/frankincense for night mainly and peppermint/orange/lemon for day. I love all that stuff I put some of them on my jade roller for my face, you can put them in the bath or serums too for your skin 🧖🏼‍♀️ I put it beside my salt lamp, crystals and sage it’s like my self love corner 😆
Love this!! So interested in learning more about salt lamps and crystals. I need to add more calm into my life!

Yes, you can also use essential oils in different ways.

If you put a drop in the palm of your hands, cup your hands and then breathe in the oils will go directly into your brain - and depending on the oil will affect your mood or body (headaches).
Most of them you can also ingest, eg rub a drop in your gum.
In both cases the oils should be of reasonable high quality.

I use orange and peppermint this way (for energy kicks, against anxiety, for a clear mind) and also lavender (against anxiety, for calm).
Would this give a more intense effect than the diffuser or is it similar?

That's so disappointing! You could probably sell it on depop or ebay? Would be less than what you paid but at least you could buy a new one with the money. :)

Lavender has so many uses. It is indeed good for helping to calm nerves and ease stress.

I can recommend some companies who sell already-blended oils in a bottle. You can then use the oil in a variety of ways, either rubbed over your neck and chest area just before bed, or you can use the oil blend in the bath too.

Materia Aromatica is one company I use. Another one is Naturally Thinking. I’m not sure if I am allowed to put the full website address here, but if you Google these names their websites will appear.

Essential oils can seem expensive, but that is due to the cost of producing them and you only need a few drops for them to work on a subtle level. It is a whole subject in itself to explain how they work on the body/mind, but nevertheless an interesting one.

I can recommend a couple of books too, for those who may need some guidance with application of essential oils. But just as a quick reference, they should always be diluted in a carrier oil (Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, Calendula, Camellia, etc) and never applied neat onto the skin.

I have one which I bought from Penny Price aromatherapy.
I will have a look at these brands thank you! Yes some books would be good - I don't really know much about them other than some ones that are good for headaches. Would be nice to use some on the skin too or maybe in the bath.

Last edited:
Would this give a more intense effect than the diffuser or is it similar?
Much more intense as you would not dilute them (and therefore only use a tiny drop) and pure essential oils are highly concentrated.

You will notice that they have an effect immediately. With peppermint I feel instantly refreshed and if I am anxious or annoyed the oil will take the edge of it if I inhale it or put it on my gum, orange and lemon will give me a lift, and lavender calms me down

• Heart
I will try some of your recommendations then! Let me know if it makes any difference using the white company oils in the Neom!
Using one of the white company oils in the neom and I definitely find it more scented 😍 beginning to think the neom scents are nice in the wee bottles but don’t have a big payoff, wild considering the price of them!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Using one of the white company oils in the neom and I definitely find it more scented 😍 beginning to think the neom scents are nice in the wee bottles but don’t have a big payoff, wild considering the price of them!!!
Good to know, I shall try one of theirs then and see if it makes a difference! Thank you 😘

• Heart
Yes, you can also use essential oils in different ways.

If you put a drop in the palm of your hands, cup your hands and then breathe in the oils will go directly into your brain - and depending on the oil will affect your mood or body (headaches).
Most of them you can also ingest, eg rub a drop in your gum.
In both cases the oils should be of reasonable high quality.

I use orange and peppermint this way (for energy kicks, against anxiety, for a clear mind) and also lavender (against anxiety, for calm).
Most of them you cannot ingest at all. I’m a qualified aromatherapist and even I would not ingest them. Also there are not many oils which you can apply straight onto your skin. Lavender is safe, but it has to be Lavandula angustifolia and NOT Spike Lavender, (Lavandula spica) which has a high camphor and. 1.8 cineole content and is therefore not safe to apply neat to the skin. It should be mixed with a carrier oil. However, Spike Lavender is a very good oil for headaches, especially if mixed with Peppermint. Spike Lavender also works well for muscle aches too. It packs a punch.

Lavandula angustifolia (True Lavender) is gentle enough to use neat on the skin, but I still would not ingest it. It has a very little camphor content which is why it is considered safe to use on the skin. I use it all of the time, whenever I cut myself or get thorns in my hands, I apply neat Lavender. Lavandula angustifolia can be used in a variety of ways and not just to aid sleep. It can also be used as a stimulant.

Then you have Lavendin, which is what is mainly used in the cosmetics and fragrance industry. It is a hybrid of Spike Lavender and True Lavender and is a larger plant and much hardier.

When I did my aromatherapy course, we had to learn the chemical compositions of 50 oils, as well as learn about their uses.

I always buy my oils from a reputable source and they are of high quality.

Most of them you cannot ingest at all. I’m a qualified aromatherapist and even I would not ingest them. Also there are not many oils which you can apply straight onto your skin. Lavender is safe, but it has to be Lavandula angustifolia and NOT Spike Lavender, (Lavandula spica) which has a high camphor and. 1.8 cineole content and is therefore not safe to apply neat to the skin. It should be mixed with a carrier oil. However, Spike Lavender is a very good oil for headaches, especially if mixed with Peppermint. Spike Lavender also works well for muscle aches too. It packs a punch.

Lavandula angustifolia (True Lavender) is gentle enough to use neat on the skin, but I still would not ingest it. It has a very little camphor content which is why it is considered safe to use on the skin. I use it all of the time, whenever I cut myself or get thorns in my hands, I apply neat Lavender. Lavandula angustifolia can be used in a variety of ways and not just to aid sleep. It can also be used as a stimulant.

Then you have Lavendin, which is what is mainly used in the cosmetics and fragrance industry. It is a hybrid of Spike Lavender and True Lavender and is a larger plant and much hardier.

When I did my aromatherapy course, we had to learn the chemical compositions of 50 oils, as well as learn about their uses.

I always buy my oils from a reputable source and they are of high quality.

Yes, I know you cannot digest all oils. But Peppermint and Lavender are fine.

I also did a course, with DoTerra oils, and we put peppermint, orange, lemon and lavender on our gums and everyone could notice how their bodies and mind reacts.

DoTerra also sell these empty capsules that you can fill with oils yourself to then digest the oils - I think they specify on their website which oils cannot be digested.

I buy oils from somewhere else - high quality but not as expensive as DoTerra - and yes, I put the said oils on my gums if I need them

Yes, I know you cannot digest all oils. But Peppermint and Lavender are fine.

I also did a course, with DoTerra oils, and we put peppermint, orange, lemon and lavender on our gums and everyone could notice how their bodies and mind reacts.

DoTerra also sell these empty capsules that you can fill with oils yourself to then digest the oils - I think they specify on their website which oils cannot be digested.

I buy oils from somewhere else - high quality but not as expensive as DoTerra - and yes, I put the said oils on my gums if I need them
That’s your choice to ingest them. Peppermint I would never ingest. There is a big argument about ingesting oils in the world of aromatherapy. Some people do it and feel okay, others avoid it.

I was taught by Rhiannon Lewis and Gabriel Mojay, both highly respected in the world of aromatherapy.

That’s your choice to ingest them. Peppermint I would never ingest. There is a big argument about ingesting oils in the world of aromatherapy. Some people do it and feel okay, others avoid it.

I was taught by Rhiannon Lewis and Gabriel Mojay, both highly respected in the world of aromatherapy.
Interesting.

You are obviously more knowledgeable than I am. As mentioned, I put a drop on my gum and feel benefits of doing so.

Interesting.

You are obviously more knowledgeable than I am. As mentioned, I put a drop on my gum and feel benefits of doing so.
The only oil I have ever out in my mouth has been Laurus nobilis (Bay Laurel) for chronic toothache. You can also use Clove Bud oil (Syzygium aromaticum) for this purpose, which is a well-known remedy. But I have put one drop on a cotton bud in the infected area.

I think we can all take a leaf out of your book and have a self love corner!! I’ll have a look for that set, sounds perfect!! Xx
Yeah honestly it makes me so happy! 🥰🤣

Could you link the oils lovely? 😘
I’m not sure how to link but I’ll attach the pictures from my order history ❤
I think they may be out of stock so I hope you can find something similar or they might be back soon!
I find them really good and the smell is a lot stronger than the last set I bought 😍

Attachments

For anyone wondering if the Neom oils are any good don’t waste your money! The fresh skin ones from Amazon and the white company ones are far far better and a fraction of the price
Agreed!! Did the Neom one become so popular because of TikTok or something? Everyone I know seems to have got one at Xmas?!

I've been burning oils for years.

Lavender, chamomile & bergamot/ylang ylang/frankincense at night time is great for sleeping.
I also love eucalyptus, tea tree, lemon, orange. Can make really nice smells at xmas time with cinnamon/pine etc.

• Heart
Agreed!! Did the Neom one become so popular because of TikTok or something? Everyone I know seems to have got one at Xmas?!

Lavender, chamomile & bergamot/ylang ylang/frankincense at night time is great for sleeping.
I also love eucalyptus, tea tree, lemon, orange. Can make really nice smells at xmas time with cinnamon/pine etc.
I think it was because of influencers. I wasn’t wise to all of that back then!

I actually have no idea 🙈🤣 I always had one from amazon for years and don’t know why I decided I’d like the neom one for our bedroom lol

I was having a bad day the day I ordered it so I’m using that as my excuse 😬🤣

I have since bought an all singing, all dancing diffuser and fancy essential oils since reading this thread. Who do I send my Clearpay bill to? 🤪

Honestly though, they’re bloody great for highly strung people such as myself. I was filming it to send to my mum and came away feeling so tranquil. Mad. I opted against the neom one because it seemed vastly overpriced for no lights/music, and the reviews I read mentioned the water trickling noise.

I got an acupuncture mat from Aldi and plan on using it at the weekend with my diffuser.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have since bought an all singing, all dancing diffuser and fancy essential oils since reading this thread. Who do I send my Clearpay bill to? 🤪

Honestly though, they’re bloody great for highly strung people such as myself. I was filming it to send to my mum and came away feeling so tranquil. Mad. I opted against the neom one because it seemed vastly overpriced for no lights/music, and the reviews I read mentioned the water trickling noise.

I got an acupuncture mat from Aldi and plan on using it at the weekend with my diffuser.
Love it! 😍
How does the acupuncture mat work?
Also, anyone ever tried reiki? Someone recommended it to me and I’m wondering due to covid is there a way you can do it on yourself?

Love it! 😍

How does the acupuncture mat work?
Also, anyone ever tried reiki? Someone recommended it to me and I’m wondering due to covid is there a way you can do it on yourself?
sorry I’m off topic 😝

• Heart