Essential oil diffusers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone have one? Do you like it? I'm tempted as I've been told some oils for them can help with stress and migraines - please let me know if you would recommend and which brand you have.

Or if anyone just uses the oils without a diffuser could that be as effective? I don't know much about them so v interested in opinions :)

I have one. I love it. I tend to use lavender, ylang ylang etc for calming and relaxing. Then I like to use oils like citrus and peppermint for freshening the house.

Reactions: 3
I'm looking at peppermint and lavender- sounds like exactly what I need!

There are so many brands, I can't choose! Some are quite expensive too. I was looking at the Neals Yard one but the reviews aren't great. What brand is yours?

To be honest I didn't spend too much at first because I wasn't sure if I would like them but the ones I got do the job just fine. I have two, this one downstairs
Amazon product

And this one in my bedroom as lights up in rainbow colours
View attachment 442092
I was leaning toward that top one! A reasonable price and the reviews are great.

I have the neom diffuser and absolutely love it!
I would love this one! It's one my friend recommended but a bit out of my price range. May be one to invest in in the future if I like it, as I'm sure it will be long lasting and good quality!

Reactions: 2
Anyone have one? Do you like it? I'm tempted as I've been told some oils for them can help with stress and migraines - please let me know if you would recommend and which brand you have.

Or if anyone just uses the oils without a diffuser could that be as effective? I don't know much about them so v interested in opinions :)
I have one from Amazon that I got years ago and also recently purchased the neom diffuser as a treat.

Tbh there isn’t that big a difference between them... considering the huge price difference I’d stick with ones on Amazon!

the fresh skin branded essential oils on Amazon are really good and very good price - £1.99. I’ve tried most of them and can’t fault them at all. Peppermint and also eucalyptus would be good for you with migraines xxxx

• Heart
I have one and couldn’t live without it now, prefer it over candles! TK Maxx sell the oils too, got some lovely ones from there. I bought others from Holland and Barratt which are lovely but were twice the price! The diffuser I use lasts around 6 hours, cheap and cheerful from Amazon. The best oils are from the white company, particularly Winter. The light can be rainbow coloured or you can set it to one colour xx

Attachments

I’m glad this thread is here, I can’t wait to get one, but the one I want keeps going out of stock on Amazon. Please does anyone know how exactly I recreate that amazing scent that you get in nice hotel spas? Usually when they scent the steam room, or they sometimes call it an aromatherapy steam. I think it must be eucalyptus based, but what else do I combine with it? Or is there a blend that would be a good match for a spa smell? I only plan to use natural oils as I hate the idea of breathing in synthetic chemical scents.

I’m glad this thread is here, I can’t wait to get one, but the one I want keeps going out of stock on Amazon. Please does anyone know how exactly I recreate that amazing scent that you get in nice hotel spas? Usually when they scent the steam room, or they sometimes call it an aromatherapy steam. I think it must be eucalyptus based, but what else do I combine with it? Or is there a blend that would be a good match for a spa smell? I only plan to use natural oils as I hate the idea of breathing in synthetic chemical scents.
if you want the nice spa smell I would really recommend the white company spa restore oil. Its so nice in the diffusers 🥰 very relaxing. It’s geranium, neroli and eucalyptus. The white company ones aren’t tested on animals and smell Devine🥰

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I ended up getting myself one and one for my mum for her birthday. :)

So glad to hear the White Company oils are nice as I just ordered some for my mum! I will let you know how I find it once it arrives in case anyone else is considering it.

Yeah I'm a bit fussy about chemical scents too as I'm prone to migraines so don't want to trigger them, so I went with one from Neals Yard for myself. Was a bit pricier but had good reviews and apparently should last ages. They have 10% off with NEW10.

White Company had a 10% off code too - can't remember what it was I just googled white company discount code. If anyone needs it and can't find it let me know and I'll have a look. :)

• Heart
I got one and love it already! It only arrived yesterday so not enough time to see if it will help with stress and headaches but the house smells so fresh and lovely. I feel like I'm taking deeper breaths too as it smells so good which I think will be good for me long term with anxiety etc.

I have tried out the Neals Yard 'Focus' and 'Cleanse' ones so far. They were £13 each so a bit pricey but should last a long time as I've just used one drop of each and it smells strong enough. I got the Peppermint one too but haven't tried that out yet.

• Heart

Lavender has so many uses. It is indeed good for helping to calm nerves and ease stress.

I can recommend some companies who sell already-blended oils in a bottle. You can then use the oil in a variety of ways, either rubbed over your neck and chest area just before bed, or you can use the oil blend in the bath too.

Materia Aromatica is one company I use. Another one is Naturally Thinking. I’m not sure if I am allowed to put the full website address here, but if you Google these names their websites will appear.

Essential oils can seem expensive, but that is due to the cost of producing them and you only need a few drops for them to work on a subtle level. It is a whole subject in itself to explain how they work on the body/mind, but nevertheless an interesting one.

I can recommend a couple of books too, for those who may need some guidance with application of essential oils. But just as a quick reference, they should always be diluted in a carrier oil (Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, Calendula, Camellia, etc) and never applied neat onto the skin.

I have one which I bought from Penny Price aromatherapy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
I have one and couldn’t live without it now, prefer it over candles! TK Maxx sell the oils too, got some lovely ones from there. I bought others from Holland and Barratt which are lovely but were twice the price! The diffuser I use lasts around 6 hours, cheap and cheerful from Amazon. The best oils are from the white company, particularly Winter. The light can be rainbow coloured or you can set it to one colour xx
I have this one too! I love it 🥰 I also got a set of about 12 oils on Amazon, I use lavender/ylang ylang/frankincense for night mainly and peppermint/orange/lemon for day. I love all that stuff I put some of them on my jade roller for my face, you can put them in the bath or serums too for your skin 🧖🏼‍♀️ I put it beside my salt lamp, crystals and sage it’s like my self love corner 😆

• Heart
I know the original poster has bought one but just incase anyone else is interested I got this one for my dad and he loves it! It has different coloured lights that you can adjust the brightness of and you can control how much mist comes out. You can also connect it to your Alexa and can do all the above with your voice!

Amazon product

I have this one too! I love it 🥰 I also got a set of about 12 oils on Amazon, I use lavender/ylang ylang/frankincense for night mainly and peppermint/orange/lemon for day. I love all that stuff I put some of them on my jade roller for my face, you can put them in the bath or serums too for your skin 🧖🏼‍♀️ I put it beside my salt lamp, crystals and sage it’s like my self love corner 😆
I think we can all take a leaf out of your book and have a self love corner!! I’ll have a look for that set, sounds perfect!! Xx

• Heart
Could you link the oils lovely? 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 1
For anyone wondering if the Neom oils are any good don’t waste your money! The fresh skin ones from Amazon and the white company ones are far far better and a fraction of the price

For anyone wondering if the Neom oils are any good don’t waste your money! The fresh skin ones from Amazon and the white company ones are far far better and a fraction of the price
I do like the smell of the Neom oils but I bought the wellbeing pod and I have to say I was very underwhelmed. Everyone on Instagram was saying their whole house smelt like a spa, I live in a very small house and I could barely smell it in the room it was in 😐

Yes, you can also use essential oils in different ways.

If you put a drop in the palm of your hands, cup your hands and then breathe in the oils will go directly into your brain - and depending on the oil will affect your mood or body (headaches).
Most of them you can also ingest, eg rub a drop in your gum.
In both cases the oils should be of reasonable high quality.

I use orange and peppermint this way (for energy kicks, against anxiety, for a clear mind) and also lavender (against anxiety, for calm).

• Heart