Escape into the tea & sympathy chat room #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guilt

Since getting Inky whom I adore I have been feeling a bit of guilt for getting another pet after losing Zippy the way I did I don't know if anyone else has had this feeling when They get a new pet after losing a much loved pet , Its been neary two years since I lost My Boy Zippy I had Him for 12 years .

Is this a common feeling ?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Guilt

Since getting Inky whom I adore I have been feeling a bit of guilt for getting another pet after losing Zippy the way I did I don't know if anyone else has had this feeling when They get a new pet after losing a much loved pet , Its been neary two years since I lost My Boy Zippy I had Him for 12 years .

Is this a common feeling ?
Very common- we lost our 15 year old one eyed shihtzu last year- my shadow🥹-
hubby has 2 big dogs that hang out with him in his workshop and I love them, I do but I don’t love them like I did my little munchkin- people keep showing me little dogs in rescues- I know there is room for a little dog to potter after me- fill the void but I just can’t commit- The right thing to do is get an animal out of a rescue, I know that but it would feel like replacing her- we have had many animals over the years but the loss of this one hurt a lot- 12 years was a long time to have your Zippy- You will never forget of course- and Inky is a different species so you can convince yourself that “technically” you didn’t replace Zippy- ( irreplaceable) but you have some left over love to pass on to Inky❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hope you’re feeling OK @Zippy2000. I posted on the H&M thread yesterday about you having to give up Inky and how sorry I was for you and then I kept waking up during the night thinking about you. As you know I am a fellow IBS sufferer and stress can make it a whole lot worse so I hope you are coping with all that is happening in your life at the moment. Take care of yourself and try to chill out as much as possible ….. oh and stick to the Fodmap diet ridgedly ….. boring I know but it does help. ❤

Reactions: 2