Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
So, there is a massive scandal brewing in the Dressage world (again lol). Not sure if it is acceptable to name names as the person in question isn't an influencer as such (yet has quite a following on Insta and is sponsored so.....)

Child of mega-rich parents who bought several world class (literally) horses for her so she managed to get to the Olympics before she even got out of Young Riders. That was a dozen years ago and since then there was a change of nationalities because her former "mean federation" left her out of a team spot.

In April, she was banned from sport for 3 months for not complying with anti-doping protocols. She got a team of lawyers and appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sports, and to my amazement the appeal resulted in her ban being extended to 18 months. I was startled by that as it seems quite harsh for not reporting in properly basically (the original charge was that she failed to report her location to be available for drug testing 3 times), but now it turns out (if the story isbtrue) that the Court of Arbitration for Sports received files from allegedly 30 individuals, including from a vet or vets and (probably former?) employees.

If even a quarter of the allegations are true, not going to the Olympic should and would be the least of her worries now.

Allegations include the use of electric shock devices on horses' legs, electric collars, chains, bleeding mouths from severe bits, actual doping after drug tests, beating horses in the stable, mistreatment of employees by taking their documents and refusing to hand them out, not paying staff, verbal and psychological abuse and breaches of employment law.

Shockingly, it is also alleged that both her national federation and the FEI have been informed, the former responded saying the allegagtions were without merit and the latter didn't even bother to apply.

If you can read French (or are on a device or browser that translates it for you) here is a French article about it. It doesn't name her but people who follow international Dressage probably know who they're talking about because the suspension so close to the Olympics was widely talked about.

Not what the sport needs at any time and certainly not this close to the Games.....
That made me so angry. Where did the love for horses end that made someone pick up a destructive tool to try and get a place on a team??? Electricity?! Doping your 'best friend' to gain a percentage or two? Sociopathic behaviour and does no favours to the vast majority of us that love all things horse and even if we compete, we do it as a partnership and not a dictatorship. Shame on them and I hope they get outed and banned.

Reactions: 5

supermare

Yeh all for the shit load of viewers they can get to make money off Bear 🤦🏼‍♀️
Yes Ellie is an incredible rider! Everything about her riding is beautiful. I can’t believe Meg is scared to ride Bear!
---
Megs commentary in that vlog was annoying, she sounded so disappointed that Bear wasn’t “pinging” but goodnesss the pony is so fat and round. Clearly Ellie’s professional and rider ability is out of this world. Ellie is an absolute credit to Lucinda.
I can well believe it! Bear looked explosive at the start of the video, and I don't think they would be giggling through it if she wasn't a pony. Credit to Ellie for riding through it and making it look so easy. I think it would have ended badly for Meg and I'm still not sure why the mare is being brought back into work (are her views that poor for this to be the solution??). Agreed that her commentary was annoying, not sure she expected from overweight pony who hasn't seen a fence in 3 years.

Reactions: 5

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
In fairness, the martingale isn't tight, she has her head way up and the martingale is doing what it is meant to be doing. It's a moment in time across country and by itself not very meaningful. If you slow-mo through random cross country rounds you could find a bad moment in many, if not most.
I definitely hear what you’re saying, but she has wanged that mare around courses on a regular basis. I’m guessing Addie is strong and Emily just pulls the face off her on a regular basis to try to keep control, especially on dog legs etc.

Reactions: 4

Clomo

His track record tells you all you need to know about him. He is currently in his horse first sport second phase. He will be back to his win at all costs even if it’s ugly phase before long.
I know him well I've worked for him.... but my comment stands, he can't win no matter what he does

Jenievous

Chatty Member
Charlotte better not say she “keeps it real” or “shows the good and the bad” when she has decided not to show her low-scoring tests. Even though she says she was right and the judge was wrong.
Now I start to watch her first test in this vlog, Vossi doesn’t look right. He’s swishing his tail and does a couple of those uncomfortable buck bunny hops in canter. I wouldn’t be surprised if her last scores were not great because he wasn’t comfortable.

Horsemum

The sooner Everdale vanishes from the Dressage scene the better for the sport. And he can take his son Imhotep right with him.
The picture of Lotty on Glamourdale is very different even though the horses have very similar breeding (both by Lord Leatherdale out of Negro mares).
Have to agree, dressage is my main interest and for me the sooner we see the back of them and their hideous way of going the better. The marks they get only adds to the lack of confidence in dressage judging

littlelessbloom

Probably another foal I'd imagine; she still has the covering from Ron (Royal Britannia) to use. I think she wants to get Bear fit again so it'll be safer for her to have a foal maybe next year.
But then why does Bear need to be jumped? For views? You can so easily get a horse fit by hacking them and I think Bear is quite sensible on hacks (from the fact Han hacks her). The poor thing doesn’t need to whacked over 1m

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
RWC - didn’t like the judge’s comments on last week’s sheet, so no YouTube on that one. 🤣 maybe they are wakening up to her. But then gets 74.4% this week and that judge is right.

anyone watch the seren video?

MayaK.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed to see her being jumped so high. Fair enough to get someone braver to take her over jumps but after 3 years off I'd have kept it smaller. I really hope Meg isn't planning on taking her to any events as it seems her mental issues have if anything got worse and that's why they stopped eventing her in the first place. I would guess another foal next year and then possibly just field ornament if they can't find a good loan rider for her or something
I just don’t really understand why breed from such unpredictable mare.. I’m not a breeder but surely you breed for temperament and capability. it makes no sense to me.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Sadly probably not.....the horse is flashy and she presents with confidence so she will probably continue to score well.
Everytime I think of RWC that cringe reel comes into my head. ‘Turning into the perfect dressage rider didn’t happen overnight?’. It makes me unreasonably angry because of her smugness.

OnlineOmal

Miri is such a bad advert for groundwork and horsemanship, it drives me up the wall. Neither of those things are free from consequences for the horses, and we do not make excuses for them =/

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Aaaaaand back to Miri…. Turns out she has a problem that probably has been there the whole time… but we don’t know what yet as Miri needs time to digest it. Shocker 😱 she told us was what we already knew!

• Wow

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I don’t get it…… Meg is selling Moose….. and Bryni, why breed them? And she’s also talking of selling Brego because she doesn’t think he’s going to be big enough 🤦🏼‍♀️ he did come from a 14hh pony mare! Oh but her mum puts a lot of time and effort into their breeding 😂 I’ve never heard so much rubbish.
Her mum puts effort into looking at colour genetics, not conformation or temperament (ie why breed from Bear!?)