Equestrian Influencers #20 Tina’s Qualified, Meg’s Vilified & Mumchausen’s Criticised

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Summary…

Tina pulled it out of the bag at Bicton and scraped a Badminton GS qualification due to a BE rule change on percentages. She also returned her loan horse to his owner because of lack of time and personal circumstances.

Meg had to put Jam on box rest and ramped up the search for a new horse. Bought a 6yo from Ireland after viewing many. Also, Ari can never be ridden again and may possibly have to be pts in the next few years.

Mumchausen is just still doing Mumchausen tit. Apparently dinner with her dad is too much for Frankie and she can’t do a full day in school without having seizures. But going around YHL for hours is perfectly fine.

Em had some good progression and success with Addie this season. Seems to be going in the right direction but lots of kinks to work out.

Flo had a great season with Star and, despite some hiccups, looks set to come out strong next year.

Pepper is still massively overweight but either the message isn’t getting through to Ray or she just doesn’t care.

RWC is strapped for cash and selling gifted items but can still drop hundreds on a DIY dressage arena. Vossi is being moved back to her mum’s yard once again. Poor horse doesn’t know if he’s coming or going.

Feel free to add to this if I’ve missed anything.

Tattle on!
---
Here’s a fresh take on Meg’s demo at LIHS. If the new horse (Wilma) isn’t up to it, I can see the Fredericks lending her a horse for it. Or someone else. She’s got enough connections to source a horse she’s ridden and would be suitable for the demo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Or she could take Winnie and it could be altered for a young horse.
For a young horse that hasn’t done any competitions that would be a massive mistake. The atmosphere would be too much for Winnie. She’s either gonna rush Jam back into fitness or borrow a horse I reckon. Wilma could potentially do it and would be a great free lesson. Let’s wait and see.

Reactions: 6
At least ELS Eventing gets on with her life, has massive amounts of respect for her mum, doesn’t live off massive amounts of gifted items and sponsors, she pretty much lives a normal life that’s 100% relatable to watch. She works, teaches, and puts her time into her horses like most normal people do. I think the insults to her voice is complete nastiness, and unfair.

Reactions: 8
At least ELS Eventing gets on with her life, has massive amounts of respect for her mum, doesn’t live off massive amounts of gifted items and sponsors, she pretty much lives a normal life that’s 100% relatable to watch. She works, teaches, and puts her time into her horses like most normal people do. I think the insults to her voice is complete nastiness, and unfair.
I get where you’re coming from but ELS is also from a very wealthy family. I appreciate her honesty around it. But she’s also not your everyday rags to riches story.

I love Evie, but of all of them (except Lucy) she has the poshest accent. I actually love her voice and loved her PC camp vlogs.

But this is why I take exception to the ‘relatability’ arguments. They’re all bloody privileged.

Name a single influencer who isn’t privileged to start with?

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else reckon megs sponsorship or whatever you call it, has finished with Voltaire? I think shes been quite quiet over recent weeks and not tagging them etc.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else reckon megs sponsorship or whatever you call it, has finished with Voltaire? I think shes been quite quiet over recent weeks and not tagging them etc.
It’s been months since she tagged them. But she was raving about them for a while. Probably just a short term commitment

My respect for the ones I like just keeps going up. Really like how Rhi approaches her #spons, especially the new equitex - she seems like the only one who actually uses the things she promos, and in her story emphasised that she still recommends talking to professionals about saddle fit etc. And she's so obviously excited to be sponsored by them, it's not put on at all. Refreshing!!

Reactions: 6
I get where you’re coming from but ELS is also from a very wealthy family. I appreciate her honesty around it. But she’s also not your everyday rags to riches story.

I love Evie, but of all of them (except Lucy) she has the poshest accent. I actually love her voice and loved her PC camp vlogs.

But this is why I take exception to the ‘relatability’ arguments. They’re all bloody privileged.

Well she rents her stables, flat and land….. She doesn’t own property, nor it seems her mum does, however we don’t know their background. She bought Donut for £1 and Maggie was purchased by her Aunt. Otherwise yes I agree most of them are all wealthy people and have been bought up with a silver spoon in their mouths. Justine is incredibly relatable, very down to earth and your typical horse lady in old clothes that are years old! 😂 such the normal, instead of wearing Holland and Cooper brand new gear just to wash or clip your horse, isn’t even a thing for the average person. I never have and never will be jealous (as some people have mentioned) of any wealthy influencers or there SM job, at least I know how to survive the real world and not live off my parents and gifted items.

Reactions: 3
Maybe there was alot of wealth at one time for els but my impression is that perhaps since the divorce of her parents, herself and her mum have had to be self sufficient. What is undeniable is how hard that girl works as well as her talent and ambition. Comments re her presenting style are unnecessary - and has often been said on this thread recently- if you don't like, don't read/watch.
Anyone watch Eliza Wallace? Bought a few eventers from ire and eng a couple of years ago and all going well. But feel sorry for the fifi mare who in imo is the most talented. During multiple xc blogs, Eliza sounds panicked and never seems pleased after their runs. The mare is incredibly keen and the manicured great ground in florida wouldnt be helping. But seems a pity the fifi mare wasn't sold to a young professional in the UK. Unfortunately, there's very few in the USA who would be able for her - and she's not an amateur ride.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Maybe there was alot of wealth at one time for els but my impression is that perhaps since the divorce of her parents, herself and her mum have had to be self sufficient. What is undeniable is how hard that girl works as well as her talent and ambition. Comments re her presenting style are unnecessary - and has often been said on this thread recently- if you don't like, don't read/watch.
Anyone watch Eliza Wallace? Bought a few eventers from ire and eng a couple of years ago and all going well. But feel sorry for the fifi mare who in imo is the most talented. During multiple xc blogs, Eliza sounds panicked and never seems pleased after their runs. The mare is incredibly keen and the manicured great ground in florida wouldnt be helping. But seems a pity the fifi mare wasn't sold to a young professional in the UK. Unfortunately, there's very few in the USA who would be able for her - and she's not an amateur ride.
Elisa Wallace got a yellow card in 2017 at Badminton for pushing an exhausted horse, to the point it fell at the penultimate fence. She made a public apology and did seem genuine about it. Her 5* horse at the time, Jonny, she also trained fully tackless etc and used to make really cool videos, but less so now. Fifi was bred in Northern Ireland by a friend of mine! They breed excellent horses but personally have never seen any local go above 3* so may not appeal to a pro.
---
I didn't say she doesn't work hard. In fact I specifically said she's done an amazing job with Donut. I just don't particularly like watching her vlogs because her voice annoys me 🤷🏻‍♀️ it's not nasty it's just preference. Is it nasty when people say they can't watch Tina because she's too high pitched and squeaky?! Never seen anyone complain about those comments.

Reactions: 5
Saw a few of them in the flesh yesterday at YHL 😳
Nothing wild to report. Although when you recognise a child from instragram and realise you know her medical history and everything else about her it makes you feel a little sick 🥴 poor kid.

Reactions: 12
Saw a few of them in the flesh yesterday at YHL 😳
Nothing wild to report. Although when you recognise a child from instragram and realise you know her medical history and everything else about her it makes you feel a little sick 🥴 poor kid.
Who did you see? My Instagram was full of them.

Did you see Pepper irl?

Reactions: 1
A couple of good clogs from Matt Harnacke, one of him learning to ride side saddle and another of him going to Spain to try and possibly buy a horse (I won’t spoil it for those who might watch). So interesting to listen to his voice over of how he tried him and why he did what he did and what an absolute sweetheart of a horse. I do like his videos, they’re always something different and well produced and I do love how Jesse keeps him grounded.

Reactions: 11
Who did you see? My Instagram was full of them.

Did you see Pepper irl?
Daughter got a photo with Meg and Han, they were lovely. There was a weird scene to witness when next to Meg and Han doing their signing was Alanna Clark, Ray and Frankie and family all chatting like some insta meet up 😆
Didn’t see Tina or Em.
Did see Pepper but before the clip and I think the fluff hid the worst bit and the camera adds 10 pounds as she wasn’t completely massive looking, I see though she is back to flaunting her crest post clip again though.

Ah glad your daughter got a pic with them. Was that at polyjumps? Alanna Clarke had a signing there too yesterday looking at the posts.

dying to know what pepper looked like in person.

It’s been months since she tagged them. But she was raving about them for a while. Probably just a short term commitment
See I could swear she posted something about a new Voltaire coming for the new horse (pre-reveal) on stories perhaps? But agree the level of posting has gone way down, possibly they've changed the type of sponsorship. I know someone thought Jam looked to be in a non-Voltaire at some point in the later vlogs of the season before she went off work
---
it's not nasty it's just preference. Is it nasty when people say they can't watch Tina because she's too high pitched and squeaky?! Never seen anyone complain about those comments.
Agree with this - why can't people have a preference of the sort of presenting style/voice? RWC's voice and tone have also been criticised here and no one comes leaping to her defence!

Last edited:
A couple of good clogs from Matt Harnacke, one of him learning to ride side saddle and another of him going to Spain to try and possibly buy a horse (I won’t spoil it for those who might watch). So interesting to listen to his voice over of how he tried him and why he did what he did and what an absolute sweetheart of a horse.
I've followed him and Jesse for years and really like them, they are a super team and smart at what they are doing as well. Can't wait to see what place they buy when they do. I saw the side-saddle vlog and as I used to do side-saddle that was really interesting. Not watched the new horse shopping one yet. Is that another for him or for Jesse? They said they'll be looking for one for Jesse not long ago.

Alanna Clarke. Not at all "privileged to start with" - rather the opposite I reckon and she still somehow manages to juggle a law degree, 20 hours a week working at the checkout at B&Q and her horses on DIY livery. I get exhausted even thinking about it and she's done it for years even through her A levels.
I am sure there are others.

Last edited:
I've followed him and Jesse for years and really like them, they are a super team and smart at what they are doing as well. Can't wait to see what place they buy when they do. I saw the side-saddle vlog and as I used to do side-saddle that was really interesting. Not watched the new horse shopping one yet. Is that another for him or for Jesse? They said they'll be looking for one for Jesse not long ago.

Alanna Clarke. Not at all "privileged to start with" - rather the opposite I reckon and she still somehow manages to juggle a law degree, 20 hours a week working at the checkout at B&Q and her horses on DIY livery. I get exhausted even thinking about it and she's done it for years even through her A levels.
I like watching those two. A whole other world but they’re interesting.

re Alanna Clark I vaguely remember in one of her interviews she said that it was just her and her mum and she started her social media years ago to try to get some support because they didn’t have a lot of money and buy loads of her stuff off eBay and marketplace? I’m sure that was her.

I don’t think the diary of a Welsh or Ray come across as well off?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.