Equestrian Influencers #15 Retired, but not retired… but I am le tired

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on your discussions Tattlers!

Thread title by @ReaRea 😌

Please use the separate Chloe Rose thread if you want to discuss her and her husband.

Reactions: 2
It really frustrates me that these so called influencers get these wonderful sponsorships that provide them with wonderful gear and events paid for, yet they are showing content that makes people react in the wrong ways, we don’t always agree with there training etc and yet they continue to show it on screen in front of a huge audience that some will look up to, why would a huge sponsorship go to someone that’s working this way? Is it just because they have a large following? Look at Emily training Addie, it makes me cringe, look at Megs style of riding now, not nice to watch, RWC absolutely no hope for her.

Reactions: 6
Ems flat lesson with piggy was first time that she said on camera what's obviously being said when not recording - and that is an acceptance that addie is being obnoxious (a 'camel', her words, not mine). Didn't take Piggy March long to assess situation...

Reactions: 7
Interesting (and unsurprising) to hear Piggy repeatedly tell Tina "keep the energy, not long and flat" whereas Cameron was telling her to gallop flat at everything 🙈

Reactions: 11
It really frustrates me that these so called influencers get these wonderful sponsorships that provide them with wonderful gear and events paid for, yet they are showing content that makes people react in the wrong ways, we don’t always agree with there training etc and yet they continue to show it on screen in front of a huge audience that some will look up to, why would a huge sponsorship go to someone that’s working this way? Is it just because they have a large following? Look at Emily training Addie, it makes me cringe, look at Megs style of riding now, not nice to watch, RWC absolutely no hope for her.
Because it makes them money. Our futile attempts to call them out perish in the ‘positive’ comments. That’s marketing for you. Equestrian businesses are still businesses at the end of the day. It’s wrong but a sad fact of life.

Reactions: 1
Pepper is going to end up with so many other health issues…RTG also needs boot camp!

Will watch the Piggy lesson vlogs tomorrow, have always agreed about the lessons with Cameron though, galloping flat out at a fence is going to cause a horrific accident one day so I hope Tina takes away what she has heard from Lucinda and Piggy!

Reactions: 2
Watching Em's vlog and for all we give Meg stick on here about her bits & her hands; it's amazing when you think there's only 2ish years between Jam and Addie. Jam's around 8 and Addie is around 6 - they're light years apart. I know 2 years is a long time in training horses but it's still a bit surprising.

Reactions: 1
I'm still so disappointed in Meg's bitting. Someone on the previous post showed her balancing on Jam's mouth over a jump and it's so appalling to me when using such a strong bit. I ride bitless and I still release as much as I can as I hate balancing on his face, in most videos and photos of me jumping I have slack in the reins over the jump! If I can't do that I shouldn't be jumping I don't think, and I'm hardly a great rider. You should be able to jump with your hands on your head and reins tied really. Fair enough if you need to shorten your reins and slow them after landing but gobbing them mid air does absolutely nothing good or useful. I feel like mid-air she's already trying to find a bloody stride and pulling for the NEXT jump.

I used to love Meg and watched her heaps, she made me believe for so long I needed to always 'see' a stride and to panic if I couldn't. My trainer has now taught me to trust my horse to pick his own out of a good canter and she certainly has the quality of horse that can do that themselves if she just practices trusting them to do so! Start small and work up. The pressure of competition is just leading her to take so many shortcuts with her own and her horses education.

• Heart
Pepper is going to end up with so many other health issues…RTG also needs boot camp!

Will watch the Piggy lesson vlogs tomorrow, have always agreed about the lessons with Cameron though, galloping flat out at a fence is going to cause a horrific accident one day so I hope Tina takes away what she has heard from Lucinda and Piggy!
I really hope she listens to actual professionals instead of a ‘hanger on’ who spews advice without knowing what he’s saying. All of these lessons he’s giving. He’s indirectly gonna be the cause of an accident! I just hope it’s not a serious one!

Reactions: 4
Totally random! I can't believe some of the ages of these influencers!! As in, I thought a number of them were much older than what they actually are! Maybe it's the long days outside playing with ponies. Maybe they should be pushing to get an SPF sponsorship 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Em had a different thumbnail earlier today! It said that Addie was a poop emoji, that part has been taken out now haha. I know A/B testing for thumbnails is common but it was interesting to catch.

Reactions: 3
I’m guessing Meg is more hung up on seeing a stride because of her fall. Jam is strong and fast and she’s worried about her hitting a fence so she’s trying to get a show jump style canter into each fence rather than letting her jump out of her stride. Understandable, but there comes a point where she’s going to have to trust that the mare will get them out of trouble and that the fall was just one of those freak accidents.
In fairness to her, Jam does look strong, but the pulling and fighting with her makes uncomfortable viewing.

Reactions: 8
I’m guessing Meg is more hung up on seeing a stride because of her fall. Jam is strong and fast and she’s worried about her hitting a fence so she’s trying to get a show jump style canter into each fence rather than letting her jump out of her stride. Understandable, but there comes a point where she’s going to have to trust that the mare will get them out of trouble and that the fall was just one of those freak accidents.
In fairness to her, Jam does look strong, but the pulling and fighting with her makes uncomfortable viewing.
Disappointingly Meg was far too worried about what her scores were in the Dressage phase and through out the vlog it was all about the scores and where she was placed even though at the start this run was a confidence run at 100. She has become too far up herself to really give a tit about anything or anyone. Yes Jam looked incredibly strong, she was in a Pelham, what will she do now the Pelham has no effect, Jam will just become duller and duller in her mouth and I think Megs riding is disgusting along with her whole attitude, she’s all about herself and she will never be there to repay Han back when she goes to an event I’m sure.

Everyday Eventers stories telling everyone all the obvious when it comes to feeding. I'm baffled she seems to think better quality forage and a proper routine is like reinventing the wheel and knowledge to be shared..... like duh. Next she'll be saying how important fresh clean water is. ..

Also Callie Coles proving the cretin she is yet again.... Yup this is how you break in a pony, with a Pelham - but she keeps saying don't worry there's no curb!!! 😬😵💫

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I am surprised at how bad Addie's flatwork is. She was backed by Fred Scala, Em loves her training and dressage, she has had a fair few camps with excellent trainers, but at 6 (which is a good age to be thoroughly consistent and start moving up the levels) she still looks so green. I think Piggy was very diplomatic in her teaching on the vlog.

I am surprised at how bad Addie's flatwork is. She was backed by Fred Scala, Em loves her training and dressage, she has had a fair few camps with excellent trainers, but at 6 (which is a good age to be thoroughly consistent and start moving up the levels) she still looks so green. I think Piggy was very diplomatic in her teaching on the vlog.
When I was watching this vlog, I thought to myself that Emily’s has had heaps of training and camps with various instructors whilst owning Addie, does she not take away the positives and work on them at all? She doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere, why wouldn’t she work on the positives from her lessons and stick with it to improve on? It baffles me! They all have so fortunate to have these opportunities. Like why wouldn’t Tina continue her training she had with Lucinda? Addies looks very naughty and super sour and Emily’s constant kicking her forward and Addie not responding to it 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.