English channel migrant crossing crisis #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why don’t they claim asylum in France instead of freezing to death?
IMG_1841.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Why don’t they claim asylum in France instead of freezing to death? View attachment 2615612
You could Google some of the issues with claiming asylum in France or other countries (though sometimes it’s not documented that well)

I remember reading that one of the difficulties in France is that there’s very few asylum processing places and they’re hard to get to. So it’s not like they can just turn up at a police station or something - which I think they can do in the UK but obviously needs double checking

Another issue is that people don’t know how to. I know of someone who was at the hospital and thought she had claimed asylum because she told a nurse/doctor and they were asking her questions. Again, not as simple as turning up and saying “I am claiming asylum” and you get put into the system

Some counties prioritise certain groups and it means that an asylum claim never really starts the formal process of being put into the system for certain groups

Hmmmm.

View attachment 2617133
Thought they said they didn’t pay any more for the deal? I’m confused

Thought they said they didn’t pay any more for the deal? I’m confused
They recently paid more to improve Rwanda's asylum processing system. I'm guessing because that's one of the criticisms of the rulings where it keeps being found unlawful. Who knows what the £50m next year is for.

It's a lot of money for something that'll probably never happen.

You could Google some of the issues with claiming asylum in France or other countries (though sometimes it’s not documented that well)

I remember reading that one of the difficulties in France is that there’s very few asylum processing places and they’re hard to get to. So it’s not like they can just turn up at a police station or something - which I think they can do in the UK but obviously needs double checking

Another issue is that people don’t know how to. I know of someone who was at the hospital and thought she had claimed asylum because she told a nurse/doctor and they were asking her questions. Again, not as simple as turning up and saying “I am claiming asylum” and you get put into the system

Some counties prioritise certain groups and it means that an asylum claim never really starts the formal process of being put into the system for certain groups
I find that extremely hard to believe when they’ve got smartphones and France being one of Europe’s main migrant hubs.
---
IMG_1892.jpeg

I find that extremely hard to believe when they’ve got smartphones and France being one of Europe’s main migrant hubs.
You seem to find everything that goes against your view hard to believe. Ironically you also have a smartphone so could just google these things 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You seem to find everything that goes against your view hard to believe. Ironically you also have a smartphone so could just google these things 🤭
It does seem far fetched they can travel through numerous country’s and source smugglers quicker than looking up the address of the French international protection office 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh my! Where’s his compassion, empathy he’ll be joining the growing far right mob with that hate speech….Or maybe it’s just genuine issues affecting everyone on the Island that the gov refuse to acknowledge whilst destroying the entire country.

This is sad

mod edit adding missed link

Last edited by a moderator:

This is sad
Was just reading there’s thousands with serious MH issues stuck in hotels / barracks, no MH help available and they’re unlikely to be housed due to the long homeless lists.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.