English Channel migrant crossing crisis #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The pious nonsense from Richard Grosvenor Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax turns my stomach. If the barge was being docked in Hull instead of on his doorstep you wouldn't hear a peep out of him.

The pious nonsense from Richard Grosvenor Plunkett-Ernle-Erle-Drax turns my stomach. If the barge was being docked in Hull instead of on his doorstep you wouldn't hear a peep out of him.
But you would hear from the Hull mp. At least Drax is taking on the concern of the residents. Would you be happy with this barge on your doorstep.

Reactions: 3
But you would hear from the Hull mp. At least Drax is taking on the concern of the residents. Would you be happy with this barge on your doorstep.
It seems it’s only young undocumented men in their thousands should have rights , residents don’t count ! or deemed far right racial xenophobic bigots if they have a concern.
---
Another murder where they wouldn’t reveal the nationality of the killer, he made his way to NI ( by bus) where he was eventually detained by the PSNI and some people think it’s acceptable that the public are placed at risk with the media only reporting he had a bandaged hand, yet they appeal for information when they don’t release any information 🙄

Last edited:
  • Sad
The home office admits there is no evidence that people who arrive on boats are majority economic migrants.

Interesting. Wonder if it'll stop people from repeating this unconfirmed statement. I won't hold my breath.

The Home Office has admitted it has no evidence to back up one of the key justifications for its crackdown on small boat crossings.

As home secretary, Priti Patel, the Tory architect of attempts to tackle Channel crossings, told parliament in 2021 that “70% of individuals on small boats are single men who are effectively economic migrants”

However, when asked to respond to a Freedom of Information request for evidence to support Patel’s claim, the Home Office admitted it had none.

The response by the Home Office, dated 20 March 2023 – a year after the request was sent – states: “We have carried out a thorough search and we have established that the Home Office does not hold the information requested.”

Reactions: 2
If they were a Tory MP I'm sure that you're right. We'd get the same hand-wringing nonsense pretending to care about the welfare of the people that are actually going to be 'quasi-imprisoned' on the barge when the reality is he couldn't give a flying fairy cake what happens to them as long as it's not in his constituency.

So far we've learned that Tory Ministers and backbenchers think it's unacceptable to house asylum seekers in hotels (despite the fact they put most of them there in the first place) but it's also unacceptable to house them in disused military camps (if it's in their constituency) and unacceptable to house them on barges (if it's in their constituency). They seem very good at saying what they don't want, but not so good at coming up with solutions to the problem that they created.

Let’s hope they keep him there religious beliefs or not🙄 shocking to think the authorities were aware of the culprit but put political correctness over public safety 😡

Reactions: 1
Let’s hope they keep him there religious beliefs or not🙄 shocking to think the authorities were aware of the culprit but put political correctness over public safety 😡
Not even shocking anymore is it? Manchester bombers, Rochdale peedos. What an indictment 👎

• Angry
If they were a Tory MP I'm sure that you're right. We'd get the same hand-wringing nonsense pretending to care about the welfare of the people that are actually going to be 'quasi-imprisoned' on the barge when the reality is he couldn't give a flying fairy cake what happens to them as long as it's not in his constituency.

So far we've learned that Tory Ministers and backbenchers think it's unacceptable to house asylum seekers in hotels (despite the fact they put most of them there in the first place) but it's also unacceptable to house them in disused military camps (if it's in their constituency) and unacceptable to house them on barges (if it's in their constituency). They seem very good at saying what they don't want, but not so good at coming up with solutions to the problem that they created.
But as per usual what’s the answer. Do any other party - Labour, lib democrats have a solution. There are people that should have the opportunity to live here but we as a country cannot take all. Our lives are slowly being changed. Would you feel safe if you had young girls In the area. I live near the area where the barge is., my daughter even nearer . The area is a holiday destination- would you book here? Most are ok but it’s the few that are causing problems what to the hell do we do? It takes a small majority to screw the whole thing

Not even shocking anymore is it? Manchester bombers, Rochdale peedos. What an indictment 👎
The mere fact they knew what this person was capable of and allowed him free reign, especially on a bus load of people that would have no escape ,in a confined space on a motorway ,should he decide one frenzied attack wasn’t enough and something else triggers him 🙄

• Sad
But as per usual what’s the answer. Do any other party - Labour, lib democrats have a solution. There are people that should have the opportunity to live here but we as a country cannot take all. Our lives are slowly being changed. Would you feel safe if you had young girls In the area. I live near the area where the barge is., my daughter even nearer . The area is a holiday destination- would you book here? Most are ok but it’s the few that are causing problems what to the hell do we do? It takes a small majority to screw the whole thing
It depend what problem you are trying to solve. All the political parties have solutions. But the old joke goes "Well, I wouldn't start from here". The issue is that what was undoubtedly a problem has been turned into a huge crisis by a mixture of incompetence and political opportunism so that finding solutions is now incredibly difficult.

If you're talking about the over 160,000 people still waiting for the result of their claim for asylum, there is only one solution. Under current government policy they are not allowed to work. So like it or not they have to be accommodated and supported somewhere until their claim is assessed. An apparently never ending stream of people saying "not here" is avoiding that reality. Whatever or wherever they are accommodated, I think they ought to be treated humanely and in reasonable conditions. The government should be doing a lot more to significantly increase the rate at which asylum decisions are made. I also think the government should be doing much more to reach agreements with other countries so those whose claims are rejected can be removed. However this is going to be incredibly difficult

On the wider issue of asylum, I don't know what you mean when you say "we as a country cannot take all". When it comes to offering asylum, the UK should do its fair share. Nothing more. I also don't know what you mean by "our lives are slowly being changed". In what way are fewer than 0.1% of the population of the country changing our lives?

Among those trapped in the Home Office backlog and unable to work, experts told the Observer, there are thousands of doctors, nurses and other medical professionals.
I find articles like this sort of pointless but seeing as the NHS has been mentioned a fair amount…

Why didn’t he apply for a works visa from his safe country?
Why didn't you do a quick Google which would have shown you there's currently political conflict in Sudan and there has been since 2021?

So you conveniently bypassed advice from the UK government which says as of 10 April 2023, aka TODAY, Sudan isn't safe just to support your incorrect statement?

Shameless.

Because what you posted definitely isn't the first result on Google.

View attachment 2090389View attachment 2090392
View attachment 2090396
He was in the UK long before that advice was issued???
I checked what part of Sudan he came from to see if indeed it was unsafe to apply for a work visa ( apparently not) parts of the UK have a civil war believe it or not but that doesn’t affect the UK as a whole, same as Ukraine where only parts are in major conflict while others enjoy a bumper tourist season…
The lady doctor has been refused asylum on numerous occasions yet blames the UK gov for her situation even though it seems it’s by her own choice to remain in a country that has dealt with her claim..
The third doctor wants to bring his wife even though he has no financial means to support her, she is currently in a safe country but he feels suicidal because the British taxpayer won’t fund her 🤷🏼‍♀️ why can’t she apply for a work visa on her own merit???

Last edited:
He was in the UK long before that advice was issued???
I checked what part of Sudan he came from to see if indeed it was unsafe to apply for a work visa ( apparently not) parts of the UK have a civil war believe it or not but that doesn’t affect the UK as a whole, same as Ukraine where only parts are in major conflict while others enjoy a bumper tourist season.
He was in Khartoum (where the UK government said the situation could "deteriorate") and arrived here June 2022. The conflict began in 2021. The situation may have gone through periods of being less or more volatile but he came in the midst of it.

Unless you can find advice from around June 2022 which says Sudan is safe despite being a year into political unrest, I think it's best you don't act like a know it all and show some sympathy to a medic who can't work because he's unable to have his asylum claim approved.

I mean, with all you said in this thread about genuine asylum seekers and people contributing to society, you'd think there'd be nothing to argue against in this case.

But you waded in with your movable goalpost to STILL find a problem despite this being the near perfect example of the kind of person you've repeatedly said you'd support the UK giving refuge to.

Just admit you don't like these people no matter what the circumstance.

• Heart
A reminder that asylum claims can also be based on persecution which doesn’t necessarily require a conflict to be taking place

Reactions: 1
He was in Khartoum (where the UK government said the situation could "deteriorate") and arrived here June 2022. The conflict began in 2021. The situation may have gone through periods of being less or more volatile but he came in the midst of it.

Unless you can find advice from around June 2022 which says Sudan is safe despite being a year into political unrest, I think it's best you don't act like a know it all and show some sympathy to a medic who can't work because he's unable to have his asylum claim approved.

I mean, with all you said in this thread about genuine asylum seekers and people contributing to society, you'd think there'd be nothing to argue against in this case.

But you waded in with your movable goalpost to STILL find a problem despite this being the near perfect example of the kind of person you've repeatedly said you'd support the UK giving refuge to.

Just admit you don't like these people no matter what the circumstance.
I think he came here for economic reasons and nothing else.
Persecution happens in every country why would the UK be any different.
Our own security situation is severe but nobody’s losing any sleep over it 😂 we’re all just plodding along like we’ve done for generations.

Last edited:
I think he came here for economic reasons and nothing else.
Persecution happens in every country why would the UK be any different.
Our own security situation is severe but nobody’s losing any sleep over it 😂 we’re all just plodding along like we’ve done for generations.
Except you're wrong, quite bold to hold onto your wrong opinion even when faced with facts.

Anyway, in June 2022 when the man in the article came to the UK the Sudan government were killing protesters after a period of unrest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.