Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Buggeroff

VIP Member
Teaching Primrose Chester’s dirty sucking a soft toy’s ear trick... Aren’t they meant to grow out of it after the teething stage? She has infantilised Chester to the point of no return me thinks.
Mine do it for comfort I don’t really see a problem in that as long as the item is washed if it gives them comfort it’s fine

LilBoPeep

VIP Member
Where do you report? Seen so many of these ads & affiliate links not being stated.
Screen shot it and then go on the ASA website. Fill out the form, it takes 2 mins if that and they are really good at following up any reports. Lots of influencers have been pulled and fined.

Some of the key issues identified by the ASA were:

• Discrepancies across Instagram stories, or between disclosure on Instagram stories, reels, and posts: Where there is advertising material in a consecutive series of Instagram stories, all such stories must be marked as ads. In addition, both posts as well as corresponding stories must be disclosed as ads.
  • Placement and visibility of ad labels: The ASA noted that Instagram stories which were labelled as ads often contained obscure labels, which were difficult to spot owing to the font size or the colours used in the story.
  • Insufficient disclosure: The use of hashtags such as #affiliate or #aff alone is not sufficient ad disclosure – there must be additional disclosure revealing that the content is an ad. Influencers also cannot rely on their bios or earlier posts as a way of disclosing their connection to a product. The ASA considers the use of a hashtag like #ad is a clear way of communicating that the content contains an ad.