Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elouise92

All the recent undisclosed ads for Faithfull The (slim, white women only please) Brand when she was on holiday really got on my nerves. She tags one post on stories as a paid partnership, but leaves the 10+ other stories without even the AD hashtag. Like, it's NOT HARD to disclose ads Emma. Do better!
Agreed. What a life, eh? Goes on an all expenses holiday to the Cayman Islands and calls it work, comes home to endless gifted luxury items that she fails to disclose were gifted, and then shoves her most likely gifted flat renovation in our faces. If only.

Reactions: 1

Liswit87

Some of her interior choices stress me out. She got that beautiful bathroom renovation in all cool toned white, black, silver hardware... and then slaps a warm, brass light on the wall?

nfw95

I saw that! Why would they send a photographer round when Emma says herself she's a photographer?!

Yup, definitely pretty shady non disclosure of ads going on. Really turns me off.
Is there an easy way to report this non disclosure? I think that social media platforms should do way more to help viewers report it!

I drink lemon juice

I just went to take a look but she's made her interior account private? Why do that when you've got £17k followers? Also so glad I unfollowed her - just had a look through her main account feed and see she's as insufferable as ever!

hellooo, I do think she has good style and I like that she looks a little different to the other influencers out there, I also like her skincare advice (most of the time) and I like the dreamy vibe of her photos and all that but I do take issue with her not disclosing ads properly and I don't really agree with her not sharing the sources of where she got her knowledge from because she is not a skincare professional. I guess I have outgrown "professional influencers" in general and prefer other skinfluencers who recommend cheaper stuff too, don't do ads in general - I just realised how much money I was spending on products that aren't inherently better and that was definitely because of influencers recommending stuff and me feeling pressured thinking I had to buy all these products because I am turning 30 (!!!!! so dumb) I mean Augustinus Bader makes a nice moisturiser but it is bloody expensive and it is really sad that people (esp women) feel the need to spent that amount of money on skincare (money they could invest in ETFS or something, I don't know) or otherwise their skin will suffer, when a 3€ Nivea night cream is just as good. So, I am not her biggest fan but I do enjoy her content.

Reg the emojis, I do agree that I consider it to be digital blackfacing to use brown/black emojis as a white person, however, I would like to jump in and mention that I do remember her saying that she is mixed or like half Creole. So maybe that's why.

Lovecat90

All the recent undisclosed ads for Faithfull The (slim, white women only please) Brand when she was on holiday really got on my nerves. She tags one post on stories as a paid partnership, but leaves the 10+ other stories without even the AD hashtag. Like, it's NOT HARD to disclose ads Emma. Do better!

Liswit87

I just went to take a look but she's made her interior account private? Why do that when you've got £17k followers? Also so glad I unfollowed her - just had a look through her main account feed and see she's as insufferable as ever!
Probably so she doesn't have to disclose ads on it... The post on her interior account for the mantelpiece doesn't have a #gifted or #supplied tag like the one on main 🤔

The horrid light in question...

Attachments

• Sick

Maria44

Now turned to promoting ‘collagen coffee’ 🤦🏻‍♀️ I used to really love her but everything is an ad these days. And I just don’t believe that her great skin is purely from the OTC products she promotes - it’s down to the (expensive) treatments ! Also has shamed those who get Botox

Elouise92

Also got “supplied” that mantelpiece she’s been rambling on about. What a surprise.

Elouise92

Didn’t she say not that long ago in a Q+A that she pays for all her trips, yet she’s on yet another gifted one?