Emma Hoareau

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would love to know what people think? I used to love her content (and still do from a creative perspective) but I find her to be very smug and a bit arrogant.

I messaged her a couple of times asking Qs and paying a few complements too (after she invited people to do so) and her responses were so rude. She really gives off self-importance vibes and doesn’t bother to respond to most of her comments.

she also rarely discloses gifted products or credits anyone else for her skincare knowledge, which she clearly pulls from various sources.

Reactions: 3
Been waiting for someone to make a thread about her! (since I don't have the privileges)

She annoys the hell out of me! To begin with, I found her skincare advice really useful but oh my god. The smugness is unbearable! I'm all for people being confident in themselves but I can't handle how much she loves herself. Those videos she does of herself flouncing about on the beach running along the sand do me in. Imagine filming yourself doing that! Super cringe!

Reactions: 4
Been waiting for someone to make a thread about her! (since I don't have the privileges)

She annoys the hell out of me! To begin with, I found her skincare advice really useful but oh my god. The smugness is unbearable! I'm all for people being confident in themselves but I can't handle how much she loves herself. Those videos she does of herself flouncing about on the beach running along the sand do me in. Imagine filming yourself doing that! Super cringe!
Glad it’s not just me! I used to really like her content, but she just comes across as so arrogant.

the lack of credit really bugs me too. I’m into my skincare, massively, but I get it ALL (as I’m not a derm or clinical expert) from articles, blogs, IG posts and dermatologists IGs. And she must do the same! I remember someone asked her for skin book recommendations and she said she had never read a book on skin, and couldn’t/wouldn’t credit any sources for her information, as if she comes up with it all.

she says the same about photography too, ‘I’ve never done a course or trained in any way. I’m totally self taught. My natural talent is unparalleled’ urgh

Haha totally!

I suspect she posts a lot of undisclosed ads. Usually when she posts a photo she tags loads of brands in it, but sometimes she just posts something with one tag and to me, it's a bit suspicious. Like the other day she posts something from BYREDO but there were lots of other things in the background that she'd usually tag. Could be wrong but something doesn't sit right with it.

Her content is beautiful though and I really like the way she's done her flat. Although how has she managed to get it like that in 11 weeks?! These influencers must be swimming in it. I guess it helps when you don't have to pay for a lot of clothes and skincare/make up like we do though.

Reactions: 6
I just noticed one of her stories where she goes through the order/layering of products in her PM routine. She keeps her necklaces on the whole time and proceeds to rub moisturiser and oil all over her skin and jewellery, as if anyone would actually do that! So pretentious

I’m so glad someone finally started a thread on her! Same, I used to like her but now she is just ads ads ads and she doesn’t even disclose them properly. I wouldn’t trust any of her advice anymore.
Agree also that she has become so smug and really not likeable like she used to. Her “disclosing” her ad on the dermologica neck roller is so sneaky. The tiny “ad” at the start of the description is the only reference to it. Is that acceptable?!

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Really turned off her. Not clear disclosures on products and just feel she has become a walking ad. I used to love her content and felt it was beautiful and original but now like many things on Instagram, think it is so samey and predictable. Makes me a bit nauseas to be honest. (And yes, who the heck can turn around their flat that quickly. Also not sure I trust that a lot of the content was correctly tagged. EG the bathroom mirror from West Elm isn’t available to ship for months - she magically finds and it and quickly has it in her flat. Then West Elm feature her image on their IG. A little suspect)

Really turned off her. Not clear disclosures on products and just feel she has become a walking ad. I used to love her content and felt it was beautiful and original but now like many things on Instagram, think it is so samey and predictable. Makes me a bit nauseas to be honest. (And yes, who the heck can turn around their flat that quickly. Also not sure I trust that a lot of the content was correctly tagged. EG the bathroom mirror from West Elm isn’t available to ship for months - she magically finds and it and quickly has it in her flat. Then West Elm feature her image on their IG. A little suspect)
I feel the same. Every product is great and there are no negatives. This is why I love dr dray, Caroline hirons or @goalstogetglowing for anything skincare related, I don’t trust these influencers and their BS, they’ll never truly test a product properly and review it honestly.
I do like her content, it’s sexy and she has a good eye for her photography. The fast reno is a bit sus but do enjoy watching her vlogs. She has great style. Just hope she can start being more transparent about ads and do more of her own thing where she opens up about her favs (but for it not to be sponsored).

I thought her style was unique but I've just found an account and she likes all of the interior posts! Her living room looks just like that

• Wow
  • Haha

I thought her style was unique but I've just found an account and she likes all of the interior posts! Her living room looks just like that
I don’t think it’s that unique to be honest, I’ve seen similar styles right across IG. Emma isn’t one to credit anyone though, or even shout out or promote others.

she’s not a derm and has never had any skin training so she gets her skin info from somewhere but has never credited any sources. Her Sunday schools are total rip offs of info from other sites.

Does anyone know who she’s always having dinner with? There’s always two plates when she posts a picture of her food on Instagram

Oh really?! I haven't noticed that. But I rarely watch her stories these days as she bugs me so much. Tbh, should probably just unfollow!

Wow, West Elm have just posted a huge new story all about Emma and her home from when they sent a photographer out to her (during lockdown, might I add...)

Looks like all the posts about West Elm and recommendations and swipe ups and going on and on and on about her choice of ‘pieces’ was ALL AN AD.

• Wow
I saw that! Why would they send a photographer round when Emma says herself she's a photographer?!

Yup, definitely pretty shady non disclosure of ads going on. Really turns me off.

I saw that! Why would they send a photographer round when Emma says herself she's a photographer?!

Yup, definitely pretty shady non disclosure of ads going on. Really turns me off.
Is there an easy way to report this non disclosure? I think that social media platforms should do way more to help viewers report it!

Reactions: 1
Now turned to promoting ‘collagen coffee’ 🤦🏻‍♀️ I used to really love her but everything is an ad these days. And I just don’t believe that her great skin is purely from the OTC products she promotes - it’s down to the (expensive) treatments ! Also has shamed those who get Botox

I had to look so hard to see that it was an ad. She doesn’t follow ASA guidelines at all! Plus, my aesthetician said that that kind of collagen is pointless as your body doesn’t know it’s meant for your skin so doesn’t really do anything.

38DE5DE3-6C92-42E4-BC8B-E805BCEC7C8F.png

Another ad not declared 🙄

Unfortunately with Emma, even though I used to really like her content, her photo edits and captions are becoming more cringy. But one thing that made me unfollow her, is her constant use of brown emoji hands and icons, SMH. Like, do you realize that you're a white influencer using brown emoji as a "tan" tone. Like honestly, it's 202, educate yourself more about these things. She should be called out for it.

Oh my god, I hadn't noticed that! I've got her stories muted (really need to just unfollow) so she rarely comes up in my feed but i've just been to check and you're so right. Honestly, what is she thinking?! So done deaf.

Reactions: 1