Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I don’t care for the new bathroom. It looks like the bathroom in a generic mid-priced hotel.

I also can’t believe it’s only been 2 years since they renovated it the last time. What a waste.

Reactions: 15

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I will never understand why people with high levels of anxiety and self doubt choose social media influencer as a career. I know there are some who claim they have ‘anxiety’ as a way of deflection, Emma seems genuinely to have an issue. When she signed to Gleam, she vlogged going to a Gleam event and looked terrified, pretty sure she left early.

Reactions: 15

Lola123

VIP Member
Emma just needs to come off influencing, find another job and step back from the Internet, she comes across as resentful as this being her job! I would completely understand if she said guys this isn’t for me anymore, I’ll see you later if I feel my lover come back...

Reactions: 14

Squishypotatoes

Screenshot_20201026-202912_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20201026-202942_Instagram.jpg

Okay so I get that there really isn't anything especially unique or ground breaking about this oversized vest/shirt combination, but now I just can't UNSEE the similarities! The hair, poses, outfits...down to the dad sneakers and bottega boots😱😱😱
(Brittany Bathgate post from 30/9/20, Emma's stories from 26/10/20)

• Haha
  • Wow

Squishypotatoes

I see we're back to doing hauls, but it's OK cos they aren't from Zara anymore. #sustainable
I watched the first 5 minutes, after 2 new bags and 2 pairs of sunglasses I tuned out. Nobody needs £1700 worth of bags and sunnies when they already have the ginormous collection she has. I'm sure she's bought similar cat eye sunnies at least twice before. It doesn't make it more sustainable if you're going to throw something out in order to replace it with a designer pair.

When you're throwing out donating 5-10 bin bags of things every season, you need to stop buying things!!

• Heart

snarkvark

VIP Member
Emma straddles this weird position between not wanting to appear to be supporting fast fashion but also not fully commited to sustainability so her content isn't punchy. there's nothing of substance. She needs to fully commit to sustainability (and actually do conent centered around it) or go back to fast fashion, which she's already part of but won't asmit

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
View attachment 288196View attachment 288198

Okay so I get that there really isn't anything especially unique or ground breaking about this oversized vest/shirt combination, but now I just can't UNSEE the similarities! The hair, poses, outfits...down to the dad sneakers and bottega boots😱😱😱
(Brittany Bathgate post from 30/9/20, Emma's stories from 26/10/20)
Whether or not you agree with this trend/BB's style, Emma's version looks worse. The proportions are all wrong. The whole point of this stupid vest look is to look like you stole your boyfriend's private school uniform. BB's kept everything oversized, with blousy, rolled-up sleeves and shirttails poking out from the bottom. Emma looks like the library intern.

• Haha

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel like joining Gleam, and in a sense selling out, has not helped her content at all.

buffalobarbie

Also I think her hair looks better a little longer. I think her hair is too thick to pull off the length she likes. I suspect she will get it chopped again once the hairdressers reopen
I agree, she suits it much better longer! I’m always shocked by how different she looks when I see older photos

AB70FF99-D1DD-4C4B-AB40-B89680C24923.jpeg

AC7049AD-1CCE-40F4-9230-EE727E6FDC49.jpeg

Love both these styles on her! She should definitely loose the blonde bob in my opinion.

• Wow

2xblended

VIP Member
No, and my mom’s been wearing the same pairs of jeans for years. She still wears a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans I grew out of when I was like 15. I’m in my 30s now 🤣
Emma: this is environmental sustainability. Pull up a chair and learn a thing or two.

• Haha

Libertine

VIP Member
I hate to say this but I can't understand why there is any speculation to begin with. It makes no sense to me that everyone feels there must be marriage trouble.
I said it up-thread and I'll repeat it: they're fine. They just refurnished their house, that's not something you do together before you divorce.
Meh. People go on round-the-world trips, buy cars and houses, get a pet and/or have a baby just before they divorce.

Emma seems to be another Influencer who overshares when she has stuff to flog then wants privacy when it suits her.

Her audience is entitled to be confused! And this is why speculation happens.

Libertine

VIP Member
I can’t stand the dogs!

Speculation on the state of her relationship seems inevitable when her relationship is part of her ‘content’.

I thought her ‘like any normal husband and wife’ comment was disingenuous as most husbands and wives don’t share the inside of their home, their holidays, etc on social media as a career.

I don’t mind Emma, but you can’t create interest in your life to earn income, then be cross when people become invested. It’s biting the hand that feeds you.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
What I don't understand is why Emma has decided to bland-wash her entire online presence. She used to use her vlog and blog to showcase her personality, but now she's whittled everything down to Instagram outfit posts and bland "style" videos. She's intentionally being tight-lipped about anything remotely personal and it is BORING.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
When it’s your job, but you look completely checked out and unenthusiastic while filming a video about something as unnecessary as a wardrobe switch over, it’s probably time to throw in the towel.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
God, watching the new video now. She looks like she just woke up after a heavy night of partying, rolled out of bed, threw on her boyfriend’s button down he wore the night before, ran through campus and is presenting in a 9AM philosophy course. I’m by no means a bright eyed bushy tailed starlet, but I’m also not putting myself online 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
What if the fireplace was really Simon taking the piss out of Emma? Or--gasp!--a cry for help. Like, this sad, unbalanced turd of a mantel is a metaphor for their relationship.

• Haha

Boredinstagrammer29

I didn’t think it was rude though. I am sure she is inundated with comments like “come back please/where is a new video” so she might get a bit snarky that people can’t see the previous replies.
And I’m a teacher and get sick of the ‘hows she doing’ questions from parents in the corridor as they all want weekly individual feedback on their little darling but it’s my job, pays my mortgage so smile and say ‘oh fine we’ll catch up in March at parents evening where we’ll discuss it properly’

I’m sure we could all give examples of the repetitive questions we get at our jobs and majorly we bite our tongue. Basically don’t bite the hand that feeds you

• Heart