Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I find her charming. Her content is very unproblematic. She’s quite humble despite the fact that her fiance is at Google or FB and she worked for Loreal right after graduation from Columbia.

Reactions: 4

MissHavisham

VIP Member
Her popularity fascinates me. I think it must be for the soothing ASMR quality of her videos, and the fact she looks like she has her shit together. Because it certainly can't be for the food. Her cooking just seems incredibly bland to me, just the same few variations on meat and two veg. But maybe people like that, find it soothing. I don't know.

dodo789

Chatty Member
Whenever her reels pop up on my feed, I’m always amazed by her ability to dirty the maximum amount of dishes, when all she does is oven baked vegetables and raw vegetables with dips…

She’s my pettiest dislike but I can’t help myself 🤣🤣

Italy2

Chatty Member
Persimmons are very hard and not sweet if not ripen. If you have to wait for them to ripen and get squishy so you can eat them and also for them to get sweet and soft. A bit like avocado where they don't taste of anything if not ripen.
Ooh is that what it is. It always looks overly ripe when i see her use it ( maybe it’s tasty this way). I also thought persimmon was those little cherry tomato looking things you sometimes get on a dessert 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 3

pkmid

Personally she irks me a bit. I don’t like how everything is so perfect. However I wouldn’t comment on her videos as it would just be petty but reading this thread makes me think I’m a massive b*tch 😂😂

teatalks

VIP Member
Yeah I agree she comes across as smug! And those bags she brought out😭 they were so expensive for a bit of cheap tat you could get for a fraction of the price on shein 🫣
Also I’ve noticed she has a funny eye it’s almost lazy and it distracts me in every video she posts so I can’t watch her anymore 😅😅😅

emm

VIP Member
I just saw she's pregnant, I'd never have got it from the post unless I'd seen the comments tbh 🤣 she keeps coming up in my feed and the more I watch the more it annoys me as her foods looks increasingly bland

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
Ooh is that what it is. It always looks overly ripe when i see her use it ( maybe it’s tasty this way). I also thought persimmon was those little cherry tomato looking things you sometimes get on a dessert . I didn’t know you could get larger ones too ( doh 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️)
The little sour cherry tomato looking fruits are physalis 🙂

Trapped_soul

VIP Member
Yea shes strange but im so addicted to her ticktoks some of the food looks gross i hsve to admit but a lot looks well nice too and im addicted to the asmr side of it too

• Haha

Blueberrymuffin

I love Emily. I can never get enough of her posts, I find them weirdly relaxing to watch. I also love how she eats healthy but most of the food she makes is simple to prepare and not a shit load of ingredients so would be easy to make at home if you wanted to

MissDeverauxDarling

Personally she irks me a bit. I don’t like how everything is so perfect. However I wouldn’t comment on her videos as it would just be petty but reading this thread makes me think I’m a massive b*tch 😂😂
Haha... you're not a massive biatch! I agree with you - her content is so sterile and perfect and void of anything. It works, because she is massively popular and the TikToks are calming. It's just funny that people will watch someone literally chop veggies and put dirty clothes into a laundry machine. Meanwhile my laundry is piling up 😂

She was on YouTube a few years ago and her energy was a bit different then. She had saved a lot of money working in tech and was eager to transition to being an influencer. Now she just seems to cook and travel with her boyfriend on the weekends for ski breaks. Nice life but I do wonder how she will keep herself busy and engaged.

Whiskygal

VIP Member
I find her irritating too. Comes across really smug. Also, why is she using so much single use plastic? Really irks me.

dodo789

Chatty Member
I look back at her insta every couple of months to see if her popularity declined…and no, she’s probably the only influencer I’m jealous of because she uploads the same 20 seconds video every couple of days to different platforms and makes a living…like fuck off 🤣🤣

I also see that she will cut up her mother’s wedding dress to make clutches for the members of her bridal party…she can do whatever she wants, her mother probably said so but it’s still weird to me that she would go and cut it up like this.

Soap Star

Haha... you're not a massive biatch! I agree with you - her content is so sterile and perfect and void of anything. It works, because she is massively popular and the TikToks are calming. It's just funny that people will watch someone literally chop veggies and put dirty clothes into a laundry machine. Meanwhile my laundry is piling up 😂

She was on YouTube a few years ago and her energy was a bit different then. She had saved a lot of money working in tech and was eager to transition to being an influencer. Now she just seems to cook and travel with her boyfriend on the weekends for ski breaks. Nice life but I do wonder how she will keep herself busy and engaged.
I loved the calmness and the greyness but it’s really becoming too sterile and boring. I was excited to see she was furnishing her house but it’s the most boring decor ever. And everything is in silence. Think it’s time for me to unfollow. I’ve had it up to here with watching her wash and chop veggies.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
Persimmons are very hard and not sweet if not ripen. If you have to wait for them to ripen and get squishy so you can eat them and also for them to get sweet and soft. A bit like avocado where they don't taste of anything if not ripen.
Good to know :). If I see one I am tempted to give it a try to see if I like it :)

The little sour cherry tomato looking fruits are physalis 🙂
Oh 🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂😂. More doh!😂

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
The orange red tomato looking thing looks a bit meh ( not sure if you have seen her use this ). She usually has it on toast .
You can get persimmons in supermarkets here easily in the autumn. They are nice, very sweet like papaya. But they have to soft and squishy ripe when eaten or they are really astringent and acidic.
I've never had one on toast though.

mumz

VIP Member
Yes. Very good Not all of it mind you but I love how she absolutely loves her food

Reactions: 2