Emily Mariko

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are peoples thoughts on this girl? I can’t decide if I like her videos or not. On one hand I like how she just enjoys food and regularly shows herself eating takeaways / bread / crisps etc but on the other she comes across as a bit self entitled🤔

Reactions: 2
What are peoples thoughts on this girl? I can’t decide if I like her videos or not. On one hand I like how she just enjoys food and regularly shows herself eating takeaways / bread / crisps etc but on the other she comes across as a bit self entitled🤔
I like her. She's peaceful and drama free.
I also think its nice to see a woman with such a healthy and balanced relationship with food.
Yeah she has money and it shows, but you can't expect someone who can afford nice things and good food to live on beans on toast to make everyone else feel better.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I like her. She's peaceful and drama free.
I also think its nice to see a woman with such a healthy and balanced relationship with food.
Yeah she has money and it shows, but you can't expect someone who can afford nice things and good food to live on beans on toast to make everyone else feel better.
I do enjoy watching her with the food prep and cooking . Most of the meals she eats are not my taste (mostly the Japanese style dishes ) but it is refreshing to see someone eat a wide and varied diet .

I think she does perpetuate the ‘that girl’ narrative a little bit, but I really like seeing what she cooks and it’s great to see her with little waste, use leftovers. Also really like the fact her meals and videos aren’t ‘perfect’ like a lot of other food pages, just always look very real

Reactions: 4
I really enjoy her videos. Like others have said she has money, shes well educated. I hate seeing comments on her videos give out about it. Like why should she have to be completely relatable? I dont go online to watch stuff that is the exact same as my life, variety is interesting. Don't know if that makes sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love Emily. She has money and uses it. She doesn't have to hide it to be relatable to people and that's not her aim anyway. I love yo see her varied diet and learn about her culture. She shows foods that I have never come across before so I enjoy learning and watching something different.

Reactions: 7
I enjoy her content. It’s clean and very calming and I love seeing some of the veggies and fruits that I’ve never seen before. The only thing that unnerves me is how slowly she does everything. Maybe that’s how rich people move 🤪🤪🤪

I enjoy her content. It’s clean and very calming and I love seeing some of the veggies and fruits that I’ve never seen before. The only thing that unnerves me is how slowly she does everything. Maybe that’s how rich people move 🤪🤪🤪
The orange red tomato looking thing looks a bit meh ( not sure if you have seen her use this ). She usually has it on toast .

Reactions: 1
Persimmon fruit. I have had it and you can get it in most UK shops. It's actually quite nice.

Reactions: 5
The orange red tomato looking thing looks a bit meh ( not sure if you have seen her use this ). She usually has it on toast .
You can get persimmons in supermarkets here easily in the autumn. They are nice, very sweet like papaya. But they have to soft and squishy ripe when eaten or they are really astringent and acidic.
I've never had one on toast though.

Reactions: 3
Ooh is that what it is. It always looks overly ripe when i see her use it ( maybe it’s tasty this way). I also thought persimmon was those little cherry tomato looking things you sometimes get on a dessert . I didn’t know you could get larger ones too ( doh 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️)

Persimmons are very hard and not sweet if not ripen. If you have to wait for them to ripen and get squishy so you can eat them and also for them to get sweet and soft. A bit like avocado where they don't taste of anything if not ripen.
Ooh is that what it is. It always looks overly ripe when i see her use it ( maybe it’s tasty this way). I also thought persimmon was those little cherry tomato looking things you sometimes get on a dessert 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Ooh is that what it is. It always looks overly ripe when i see her use it ( maybe it’s tasty this way). I also thought persimmon was those little cherry tomato looking things you sometimes get on a dessert . I didn’t know you could get larger ones too ( doh 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️)
The little sour cherry tomato looking fruits are physalis 🙂

Persimmons are very hard and not sweet if not ripen. If you have to wait for them to ripen and get squishy so you can eat them and also for them to get sweet and soft. A bit like avocado where they don't taste of anything if not ripen.
Good to know :). If I see one I am tempted to give it a try to see if I like it :)

The little sour cherry tomato looking fruits are physalis 🙂
Oh 🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂😂. More doh!😂

The only thing that bothers me is the constant bending over!! :ROFLMAO:

I’m disappointed there’s not more people commenting on this girl. I started following her when she was at about 20k and I feel like ive watched her unravel before my eyes. I found her quite inspiring at first, she very much plays into “That Girl” aesthetic - which is fine, I like it - but ive finally unfollowed her this week. It’s almost as if she is parodying herself now, or shes morphed into a child who is trying to act like her. Everything is soooo slow and she grips spoons with a full fist, like a child would, and I just can’t do it anymore. Plus whenever she shows her salmon in the fridge you know what bleeping video is coming later in the week. theres never any variation with it. i have comfort dishes but I don’t share identical videos on tiktok of me cooking it every damn week

………and breathe……

Reactions: 5
I find her harmless, I like to see the foods she makes, it always looks good. I enjoyed her New Years video with her family all doing "the face", it's good she can laugh at herself.

Reactions: 8