Elon Musk

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
tbf, the worlds richest man/men buying powerful media platforms is nothing new. You only gotta take a look at Jeff Bezos to see that.
It’s nothing new but it doesn’t mean it’s a positive thing or that we should all accept it. Imo it should not be allowed that the owner of a NASDAQ company can buy another NASDAQ company. Where will it stop, Will he want Facebook/WhatsApp/Instagram next? That’s another story but that shouldn’t have been allowed to happen either.

For what it’s worth I’ve been waiting for the Tesla price crash to happen a long time, sadly hasn’t happened yet but I’m convinced it will at some point. I find the whole Elon/ Tesla following a bit cult like at times. A lot of people made a lot of money from Tesla shares so won’t have a bad word said against him.

People claim he’s interested in the environment but I honestly don’t buy it. He has a private jet FGS. He’s a businessman, he saw a niche that we would all be needing electric cars and went for it and invested into it. Problem is electric cars need huge amounts of minerals for the batteries and there’s ethical and environmental concerns around mining these too.
Also don’t forget some of his SpaceX rockets are powered using kerosine for rocket fuel, hardly environmentally friendly

• Heart
Reactions: 16
At the risk of sounding really silly, what is it with him buying Twitter that people have a massive problem with? Genuine question and I’m so glad I found this thread so I can actually find out what the hell is going on 🤣
He might disrupt their echo chambers I think.
In all seriousness we already have the likes of Facebook, Google and Twitter in its current form presenting the news how they want. If anything EM taking over twitter could actually be a good thing although I am still not going to sign up for it.

Reactions: 5
As someone who works in Social Media him buying twitter is worrying - not only from a free speech view but when you sign up to Twitter im sure there would be something about your data in the terms - what is he planning on doing with that? Then there's him being able to already manipulate stock prices with tweets which hes already proven to do so....

Reactions: 12
As someone who works in Social Media him buying twitter is worrying - not only from a free speech view but when you sign up to Twitter im sure there would be something about your data in the terms - what is he planning on doing with that? Then there's him being able to already manipulate stock prices with tweets which hes already proven to do so....
This is what I mean about he already has too much power, a single tweet from him about Bitcoin can cause a 25% price drop. Pretty sure he does things like Short Bitcoin, tweet negatively about it and then close his short to make extra millions

Reactions: 9
He comes across as a twit. I recall him calling some chap a p'doh (this forum doesn't allow that word, hence my spelling) based on nothing other than twit thinking he looked like one. twit looks like someone hit him in the face with a shovel, and hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He's a strange strange wee cookie is Elon musk... I don't have Twitter and I won't have a Twitter account if he's running it.

Reactions: 7
He comes across as a twit. I recall him calling some chap a p'doh (this forum doesn't allow that word, hence my spelling) based on nothing other than twit thinking he looked like one. twit looks like someone hit him in the face with a shovel, and hard.
I mentioned that earlier in this thread. See how Elon doesn't like free speech...

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Elon is about as interested in freedom of speech as he is in environmentalism- only when it suits his bank balance.

Remember recently when he offered that person on twitter who was tracking his private jet 5k to stop? So much for freedom of speech there - A lifetime twitter ban will be coming his way

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
As far as I know, twitter isn't free speech anyway? What is?

Reactions: 8
Love him for the fact he invented the Tesla. We love our car *shallow* 😂Have a Twitter account but never use it as can't get my head around it.
He didn't invent it, he brought the company when it was still in its infancy though.

SpaceX is his real passion.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He didn't invent it, he brought the company when it was still in its infancy though.

SpaceX is his real passion.
Shockingly he didn’t invent Space either, although I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to claim he did. twit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Oh yes @PeteM I'd forgotten about that amazing brave caver who helped save the lads when they were stuck for days (I was really emotionally caught up in that) and Elon thinking he could save them with his utterly tit looking metal tube.

Elon is about as interested in freedom of speech as he is in environmentalism- only when it suits his bank balance.

Remember recently when he offered that person on twitter who was tracking his private jet 5k to stop? So much for freedom of speech there - A lifetime twitter ban will be coming his way
I thought I read that he had actually given the 19yr old techhead who was tracking his planes a job, to keep him onside and all! But the below suggests the lad said no to Elons shite offer of $5k cash, asked for $50 and Elon went off in a sulk. Spoilt old man, you should hear what his old Nanny says about him though!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Wow on Elon , this is why I love Tattle, it’s an educational tool, Thanks guys, I didn’t know much about him, back on to the trial, this chick hasn’t stopped for breath, I’m thankful for the break

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Wow on Elon , this is why I love Tattle, it’s an educational tool, Thanks guys, I didn’t know much about him, back on to the trial, this chick hasn’t stopped for breath, I’m thankful for the break
Yayyy, glad to have ya! She's great that chick, her brain sounds bigger than Musks and beautiful too, whatever next!

I think he has the potential to become the next Howard Hughes. Anyone with that amount of money, is destined to lose their grip on reality sooner or later.

Reactions: 6
What’s making me chuckle is all the virtue signalling from right-on *celebrities* decrying the whole thing and vowing to leave Twitter.

They’ll be back and they’ll say something pious like ‘Overwhelmed by messages of support…. Thought long and hard… my conscience tells me to remain in this space… call out toxicity… hold Musk to account… fight for freedom… blah blah blah.‘
It is not necessary to be on Twitter (or any other platform actually) to do good. Action, not words, are what matter.
I’ve seen lots of people saying they will leave. He’s a business man and it’s a business, he can obviously see potential to improve it and make money. He won’t be worried about people crying about it all

I’ve seen lots of people saying they will leave. He’s a business man and it’s a business, he can obviously see potential to improve it and make money. He won’t be worried about people crying about it all
They are all hypocrites anyway. None of them will come off it.