Ellidy Pullin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’d think someone who lost their partner in a tragic accident would take more care with their child? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m so glad she finally has a thread. The pic of her putting her baby on a cement floor at a cafe to sleep so she and her mum could eat out was bleeping mind blowing

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I feel so torn above it ellidy. She obviously went through something awful and is clearly still grieving or in denial. Plus her own dad dying.

But she could have waited longer to have Minnie until she was more ready. She is lucky she has such a supportive network of friends but she parties alot. I was a single parent for a long time and I would be party girl sometimes when my kids were with their dad, and it was such a tit fight when they got back and I was dusty hungover. I can't imagine doing that so regularly like she does. And my kids were a bit older, they could play in another room while I 'rested' lol. Minnie needs constant supervision.

She's lucky she has such good friends in the Fisher's but she's always with them, I understand they love her, but are they able to do things on their own? Does she third wheel all the time? And they are so desperate for their own children and they clearly love Minnie, I just think it must be so hard for them in some ways. The euro travel and partying on her own is odd too. There were no kids/families there. If there were other kids and everyone took turns babysitting that would be one thing but Minnie was dragged everywhere.

The scooter ride is bullshit though. Not safe at all. They all should know better!!

Reactions: 21
I think the way she parents is very far removed from the norm, and I can seperate that from the serious safety concerns. The parenting style isn’t for me at all, but I dunno.. good for her? I guess she can only do for so long until Minnie needs kinder etc.
the safety concerns though…

Reactions: 4
I think her friends just treat the baby like a photo op. All the Minnie faced at the fisher concerts too. Surely the fishers may feel financial responsibility for her too? I mean what happens when they have a kid? They won’t want Ellidy round all the time then.

Reactions: 11
I guess that Chumpy had some kind of insurance - especially for his sporting work. I'm not sure what other sponsorship work he did but he was probably set up fairly well financially. He owned a house, and maybe the one they live in now. She might not have mortgage type expenses, Minnie doesn't do daycare by the looks. I'm not sure what work she did before Minnie but she does do sponsored things and modelling, and her book royalties. She might be ok for now with money, and hopefully she is planning for the future.

I guess that Chumpy had some kind of insurance - especially for his sporting work. I'm not sure what other sponsorship work he did but he was probably set up fairly well financially. He owned a house, and maybe the one they live in now. She might not have mortgage type expenses, Minnie doesn't do daycare by the looks. I'm not sure what work she did before Minnie but she does do sponsored things and modelling, and her book royalties. She might be ok for now with money, and hopefully she is planning for the future.
Fisher is loaded $$$ too so she’s definitely riding that bandwagon. I wouldn’t have a problem with her taking Minnie overseas and on tour if she hired a nanny and left her in hotels with some sense of routine and predictability, but that poor girl is treated like an accessory. The way they use videos of Minnie being upset about things over and over as entertainment and think it’s funny just doesn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: 11
I would love to know how Chumpy's parents feel about the way Minnie is parented. Does Minnie see his family? Ellidy's style of parenting feels so reckless at times. Constantly posting her naked on social media is just bloody wrong and makes me so angry.

Also, Ellidy never seems to be alone with Minnie, she always seems to have people around and I find that really sad for Minnie, it feels like she is a prop and a tool to distract Ellidy from processing the passing of Chumpy.

Reactions: 10
I started following ellidy following the passing of a Chumpy and listened to their podcast religiously as I was going through my own fertility struggles. I really admired Ellidys approach at the beginning, she seemed quite private - not announcing her pregnancy until well into her 2nd trimester and assumed that it would stay like that going forward. Unfortunately over the past year I’ve found it really hard to follow her still as she does so many questionable things. Constantly having people around, seems like it’s never just her and Minnie alone… I loved seeing their travels last year but some of the sleeping arrangements were definitely not safe and the icing on the cake was seeing Minnie on the scooter in Bali this week! I can’t believe it! How is her/Chunpys family ok with this… surely they must see that she does some dangerous parenting?!?

I wonder if the Fishers will parent completely differently when they have a baby (which I really, really hope happens for them ASAP and feel so much for what Chloe has gone through)

I wonder if the Fishers will parent completely differently when they have a baby (which I really, really hope happens for them ASAP and feel so much for what Chloe has gone through)
I think they will parent completely different. It will be interesting watching the dynamics change.

The final straw for me came when Ellidy did an interview (might have been with Mamamia or on her own podcast, can’t remember) saying something about how she doesn’t want Minnie’s life to be about grief - which I totally respected and think is a beautiful sentiment - but then she followed it up with how Minnie never knew Chumpy and so she hasn’t lost him, Ellidy lost Chumpy, but Minnie didn’t so Minnie doesn’t have anything to grieve. Which I think is so wrong - he’s still her father. She will learn one day about how she came to exist and she will have feelings about that. I have a very close friend who’s father died a month before she was born - it has shaped her entire life and is something she deals with even now. I just thought it was such a ridiculous thing to say and showed her true colours a bit. Yes, don’t raise her to focus on the grief but don’t go around denying that she’s lost something.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I’ve noticed in a lot of the pics/stories on IG that the gang inc Ellidy are always drinking. She definitely likes to party. Personally I’d prioritise my child over say dragging her to another concert or putting her on a scooter for a photo op (extremely dangerous ride)

I posted this already in the main thread but thought I would post here - hope that’s allowed?

Okay so at first I loved ellidy and Chloe. They seemed so genuine and it was incredible to see them being strong after so much heartbreak (especially ellidy).

Ellidy loves her daughter and only wants the best for her - I don’t think anyone is questioning that. I think she’s a bit lax about parenting because of her dad’s parenting style - she’s discussed this a lot on the podcast and socials. I’m not saying this justifies her behaviour - just my own insight.

What I’m finding hard to watch is that Minnie doesn’t have another parent to balance out this parenting style. Ellidy says she had super strict mum growing up - im not sure if she understands the importance of having that balance or that Minnie is missing out on it? I think if Minnie was older (e.g. 9 years old) and being shipped around to different friends and family and we never saw Ellidy having quite time with her,I would be pretty concerned? I don’t know, it’s just weird cause it looks like ellidy is constantly trying to distract herself from the realities of her life/situation. Throw in being a parent and it starts getting problematic.

Finally, I wonder how Minnie will feel about all of this stuff when she’s older - sleeping on concrete, put on motorbikes as a baby? (Side note - I t’s funny that they have put a baby helmet on her like that would do anything to help if they actually crashed?!?) maybe Ellidy thinks her daughter will laugh and say omg you were so fun! But maybe Minnie might feel sad that her mum didn’t adjust her life to fit her in and took some unnecessary risks? My bestie had super hippie parents and she raises her kids completely differently because she views their behaviour as pretty self-centred now that she’s a parent. I think that’s what got me thinking about ellidy’s situation.

Okay, end of rant 😂

Reactions: 13
I think she’s a bit lax about parenting because of her dad’s parenting style - she’s discussed this a lot on the podcast and socials
What was her dad's parenting style? She said in a podcast that she moved in with Chumpy after her dad (or was it step dad?) kicked her out.

Reactions: 1
The final straw for me came when Ellidy did an interview (might have been with Mamamia or on her own podcast, can’t remember) saying something about how she doesn’t want Minnie’s life to be about grief - which I totally respected and think is a beautiful sentiment - but then she followed it up with how Minnie never knew Chumpy and so she hasn’t lost him, Ellidy lost Chumpy, but Minnie didn’t so Minnie doesn’t have anything to grieve. Which I think is so wrong - he’s still her father. She will learn one day about how she came to exist and she will have feelings about that. I have a very close friend who’s father died a month before she was born - it has shaped her entire life and is something she deals with even now. I just thought it was such a ridiculous thing to say and showed her true colours a bit. Yes, don’t raise her to focus on the grief but don’t go around denying that she’s lost something.
I really hope ellidy changes her views on Minnie not having lost Chumpy because he is still her dad even though she never met him. Minnie will spend her whole life hearing stories about Chumpy and she's never going to get to experience him, its actually very sad and will no doubt cause Minnie pain and confusion. Ellidy is setting Minnie up to have a lifetime of issues. Like. what happens when the Fishers have their baby and are suddenly no longer around.

I Just don’t know how she doesn’t want Minnie’s life to be about grief when she literally named her Minnie Alex Pullin… it’s a daily reminder

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.