Elle Florence Lecocq #11 Duchess of Bainbridge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with everything said above. She may have gone to private school, studied law and attend grad school, but she does not come across educated at all!!

Reactions: 13
If anything she seems like a real valley girl
She has the upspeak down pat. :ROFLMAO:

I know you just made that line up to make fun of her, but how bad is she that I could totally see that being lifted from the closed captioning of one of her videos.
I was honestly not sure whether that dialogue was made up, or an actual conversation in one of her vlogs. Because it is something I could see her say IRL. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Money can't buy you class, but it can buy Elle Florence 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Elle 100% is not European. She may be by heritage but she has zero Euro traits save for eating in often.

Reactions: 8
I know you just made that line up to make fun of her, but how bad is she that I could totally see that being lifted from the closed captioning of one of her videos.

She really is a living cartoon.
I know, it's completely plausible! She's said things like this before; there was one instance where she was eating fries with mayonnaise and claimed she is the only person she knows who does this because she is Belgian and Canadians don't get it. She also once said she has always eaten avocado toast, even as a child. Which is valid -- I'm sure people in the tropics have been eating avocado toast for decades -- but the way she said it was almost like, "I was trendy before those other YouTubers". It's hard to imagine wanting to one-up others on your food preferences, but Elle manages!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know, it's completely plausible! She's said things like this before; there was one instance where she was eating fries with mayonnaise and claimed she is the only person she knows who does this because she is Belgian and Canadians don't get it. She also once said she has always eaten avocado toast, even as a child. Which is valid -- I'm sure people in the tropics have been eating avocado toast for decades -- but the way she said it was almost like, "I was trendy before those other YouTubers". It's hard to imagine wanting to one-up others on your food preferences, but Elle manages!
Doesn't she make a show whenever she's eating waffles? 'I will have two waffles - one will be done the Belgian way, with fruit and cream, to honour my heritage, the other one will be to celebrate me being Canadian - I'll pour maple syrup over it.'

Funny how so many kids born to immigrant parents are desperately trying to fit in and hide coming from a different culture, whereas this wacko is so fixated on being 'exotic' that she will portray food choices as a distinctive ethnic trait.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Doesn't she make a show whenever she's eating waffles? 'I will have two waffles - one will be done the Belgian way, with fruit and cream, to honour my heritage, the other one will be to celebrate me being Canadian - I'll pour maple syrup over it.'

Funny how so many kids born to immigrant parents are desperately trying to fit in and hide coming from a different culture, whereas this wacko is so fixated on being 'exotic' that she will portray food choices as a distinctive ethnic trait.
Ha! Your comment on trying to fit in is so on the spot. I’m South American, and, yes, for a while you could say I tried to fit in. Now that I’m older, I’ve let go of the trying to fit in part and I kind of pick and choose from the culture I am from and the one where I live. But no, I never remind people about where I’m from or why I may be different in one way or the other. That’s for them to discern if they so wish to. And yes, some people say they notice a slight accent. Nobody’s commented on anything else in particular, but the funny thing is I’ve had many people ask me if I’m French or Italian (though the latter is mostly because of my name). 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 6

Elle thinks her “French/Italian/Belgian-ness” makes her better than ordinary Canadians. 😏

Let’s just say I have it on good authority that she doesn’t view every culture as equally brag worthy and has lied about it in some context. Whether that’s racially or culturally offensive or not is open to interpretation.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Eleanor Lecocq and wasting Ginette’s money, name a better duo. 😎
Thread title!

Ha! Your comment on trying to fit in is so on the spot. I’m South American, and, yes, for a while you could say I tried to fit in. Now that I’m older, I’ve let go of the trying to fit in part and I kind of pick and choose from the culture I am from and the one where I live. But no, I never remind people about where I’m from or why I may be different in one way or the other. That’s for them to discern if they so wish to. And yes, some people say they notice a slight accent. Nobody’s commented on anything else in particular, but the funny thing is I’ve had many people ask me if I’m French or Italian (though the latter is mostly because of my name). 🤣🤣🤣
Several of my friends did this too. While their families had strong ties to country of origin traditions, the family would try hard to fit in at school, the workplace, etc. Elle is...something else.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Thread title!

Several of my friends did this too. While their families had strong ties to country of origin traditions, the family would try hard to fit in at school, the workplace, etc. Elle is...something else.
The things Elle does though are not so stand out different. Lots of people have mayo, or mayo and ketchup with their fries. Lots of people eat fruit with waffles. Eating avocado toast before it was so popular...wow Elle is so unique and special! 🙄

The things Elle does though are not so stand out different. Lots of people have mayo, or mayo and ketchup with their fries. Lots of people eat fruit with waffles. Eating avocado toast before it was so popular...wow Elle is so unique and special! 🙄
Haha! Avocado toast is totally a South American thing — “pan con palta”! 😉

Reactions: 13
This is a different topic, but just wanted to note that her views on her recent videos have been atrocious. She can barely hit 10k views now, and her last one couldn't even get to 5k. Her channel is truly slowly dying.

I wonder if she finally found herself a relationship, and that's why she's so preoccupied?

Reactions: 9
This is a different topic, but just wanted to note that her views on her recent videos have been atrocious. She can barely hit 10k views now, and her last one couldn't even get to 5k. Her channel is truly slowly dying.

I wonder if she finally found herself a relationship, and that's why she's so preoccupied?
Her content is so boring and not at all relevant to her original lifestyle postings. Spring is coming and it’s is starting to warm up in the places I assume most of her views are from. Lock down restrictions are hopefully ending soon. Who wants to buy a cashmere set now? She should have done this video during the winter season and in the thick of lockdowns. Her what I eat in the day was uninspiring and didn’t actually contain any cooking steps to follow along or tips. She tried to gain some interest in her channel with the giveaway - which when will she announce the winner for anyways? It didn’t seem to bring her any new followers/viewers.

Reactions: 9
Her content is so boring and not at all relevant to her original lifestyle postings. Spring is coming and it’s is starting to warm up in the places I assume most of her views are from. Lock down restrictions are hopefully ending soon. Who wants to buy a cashmere set now? She should have done this video during the winter season and in the thick of lockdowns. Her what I eat in the day was uninspiring and didn’t actually contain any cooking steps to follow along or tips. She tried to gain some interest in her channel with the giveaway - which when will she announce the winner for anyways? It didn’t seem to bring her any new followers/viewers.
she has no creativity at all, she could go in so many directions

Reactions: 5
During #2 Big news #GirlBossWeeklyBlogEpisode2 I enjoyed watching Elle stumble through explaining how it was easier to find a decent place with two combined incomes as opposed to her single salary… And then shrug it off and say “we got lucky” Very subtle…

it’s at 7:29. Thank you for uploading, BTW.

Reactions: 6
I admit that I enter her giveaways because I'm curious if they're real. I have NEVER seen a single person publicly thank her after winning a giveaway so I've always assumed that she doesn't dole out the prizes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.