Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed! The fact that the title was changed and then her reply to that "fan" who asked her about the haters makes me think Elle is keeping tabs on this site. She's also probably fuming over the goldmine of content on Gurugossip and that crazy Reddit post about her "local business in Seattle" debacle.

Eleanor is in damage control mode (deleting videos, getting her name scrubbed from the internet, deleting her LinkedIn) because she doesn't want her next man to know about her past.

Too bad her business license in Florida, report from her job as an investigator and photos with her original chin are out there. He will find out eventually, Elle!
Whoa, she deleted her LinkedIn as well? I wonder if itā€™s cause she was lying about her position (saying sheā€™s in-house counsel when sheā€™s a fraud investigator) and got caught. That would be a massive red flag during background checks for jobs and I suspect a lot of men.

Reactions: 7
She's made her linked in private a few times or deactivated because we were complaining about how she stated she was in house counsel when she wasn't. She also didnt state months I don't think so it looked like she was out of a job less than she actually was. Her Elle Florence linked in for her pearls is still there but her one with her lawyer info and her real name Eleanor (Eleanore?) Lecocq

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She's made her linked in private a few times or deactivated because we were complaining about how she stated she was in house counsel when she wasn't. She also didnt state months I don't think so it looked like she was out of a job less than she actually was. Her Elle Florence linked in for her pearls is still there but her one with her lawyer info and her real name Eleanor (Eleanore?) Lecocq
Sheā€™s really trying to scrub the dodgy parts (A LOT of parts) out isnā€™t she...Iā€™m pretty sure we have a screen grab of the fake in-house counsel role though. šŸ˜Ž

Reactions: 9
The fact that she is scrubbing tells me sheā€™s feeling the consequences of her actions. And that brings me joy. She can call us haters and bullies all she wants, but when the real world is also telling you you fucked up to the point where youā€™re scrubbing, you can no longer hide behind those words. She knows. She has to know. She can call us bullies to those who question her because itā€™s what she needs to do to keep that one fan. But she knows itā€™s over for her. Itā€™s kind of bittersweet actually. Iā€™m gonna miss the cringe.

Reactions: 8
Imho, she should quit youtube altogether or just...apologize in a video and admit to her past indiscretions with a sincere promise to do better (and actually follow through). At this rate, assuming she dates someone that speaks reasonable English, they will check out her channel or look her up at some point and upon seeing all this, I can't imagine any reasonable person not running the opposite direction.

Actually, even if she deletes youtube, I'm guessing they'll still come across all the gossip eventually and she'd run across the same issue. Her only option should she not choose to come clean would be to change her name and face (again) after deleting everything and pray the old skeletons never resurface. Sounds like an awfully unpleasant way to live.

Exactly. Just be honest. Just come out and apologize. Iā€™ve found that most people can empathize with a lot. If she cane out and was like ā€œlook, Iā€™ve lied and Iā€™ve tried to make myself look like something Iā€™m not and I think itā€™s because Iā€™m insecure with myself and I feel like I have to be a certain way to be loved and accepted and I see that thatā€™s not right and Iā€™m going to make steps to better myself and my confidence so I can be better for the worldā€ I donā€™t know too many people that wouldnā€™t be like ā€œhey that took guts and is insightful and we all duck up but she owned it.ā€ I really donā€™t.

Itā€™s like she feels thereā€™s no way out but the wade through the bullshit, but baby girl, the bullshit is all over the internet and the internet never forgets. She has a golden opportunity to come clean. And I guarantee the views that video would get would revitalize her channel in a way she couldnā€™t dream of.

Elle, weā€™re giving you good advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Exactly. Just be honest. Just come out and apologize. Iā€™ve found that most people can empathize with a lot. If she cane out and was like ā€œlook, Iā€™ve lied and Iā€™ve tried to make myself look like something Iā€™m not and I think itā€™s because Iā€™m insecure with myself and I feel like I have to be a certain way to be loved and accepted and I see that thatā€™s not right and Iā€™m going to make steps to better myself and my confidence so I can be better for the worldā€ I donā€™t know too many people that wouldnā€™t be like ā€œhey that took guts and is insightful and we all duck up but she owned it.ā€ I really donā€™t.

Itā€™s like she feels thereā€™s no way out but the wade through the bullshit, but baby girl, the bullshit is all over the internet and the internet never forgets. She has a golden opportunity to come clean. And I guarantee the views that video would get would revitalize her channel in a way she couldnā€™t dream of.

If she had been honest after Rick broke their engagement I think that would've really helped her YouTube channel as well. People love that kind of content. I know two different girls who have each two broken engagements (so four between them) so that's a relatable thing. I even know a girl from highschool that moved out to Seattle for a guy , got engaged and suddenly she was back in Ohio and the wedding was off. So it isn't a super unusual thing to happen to move for someone and then break up. She would get a lot of people who were in similar situations giving her positive advice and praise.

You can't just start over and pretend like your old life didn't happen you need to come to terms with it first and accept what happened

And you know whatā€™s interesting is that she knows that. During Girlboss Breakup, she said as much. She said she wanted to be honest as soon as possible rather than going silent and then appearing a month later in a new home like nothing happened. And then thatā€™s exactly what she did with Rick! Sheā€™s losing it. Sheā€™s spiraling right now. And I know itā€™s hard when you know youā€™ve fucked up because itā€™s embarrassing. But people can empathize with honesty. Come out and be like ā€œlook, Iā€™ve always felt from a certain age that I needed to be married in order to be a successful woman. After my relationship with joe ended, I ended up in this bad relationship because of that thought process, which didnā€™t work out because it wasnā€™t built on stable footing to begin with. Iā€™ve really been lost since then and im trying to figure out who I am and thatā€™s really difficult because Iā€™ve always believed to be complete Iā€™ve needed a man. But I want to do and be better.ā€ People have insecurities. Women especially understand the way society tells you need to be married. People would get it. People would really be able to empathize with her if they felt she was genuine. I know it seems to her like doing this would be the end of the world, but it would actually be the best thing for her personally to get that all off her chest and for her channel. And Iā€™ve basically written her script for her....

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Agree 100% with your comment! And I absolutely think it will help her channel out for the long haul (I'm guessing she'll initially lose some weird followers who no longer like her because she's not the "perfect princess" she pretended to be) but she will attract more followers for the long haul (more modern, successful "girlbosses" for sure) and maybe even some of the gossipers would give her another chance.

• Heart
Agree 100% with your comment! And I absolutely think it will help her channel out for the long haul (I'm guessing she'll initially lose some weird followers who no longer like her because she's not the "perfect princess" she pretended to be) but she will attract more followers for the long haul (more modern, successful "girlbosses" for sure) and maybe even some of the gossipers would give her another chance.
And imagine how much better sheā€™ll feel not having to keep up the lies and image anymore. Itā€™s like she started this channel as a very immature girl, and the channel has followed her through years in which she should have grown, but because of the channel, she hasnā€™t allowed herself to grow because of the need to look perfect. Such a disservice to herself.

And you know whatā€™s interesting is that she knows that. During Girlboss Breakup, she said as much. She said she wanted to be honest as soon as possible rather than going silent and then appearing a month later in a new home like nothing happened. And then thatā€™s exactly what she did with Rick! Sheā€™s losing it. Sheā€™s spiraling right now. And I know itā€™s hard when you know youā€™ve fucked up because itā€™s embarrassing. But people can empathize with honesty. Come out and be like ā€œlook, Iā€™ve always felt from a certain age that I needed to be married in order to be a successful woman. After my relationship with joe ended, I ended up in this bad relationship because of that thought process, which didnā€™t work out because it wasnā€™t built on stable footing to begin with. Iā€™ve really been lost since then and im trying to figure out who I am and thatā€™s really difficult because Iā€™ve always believed to be complete Iā€™ve needed a man. But I want to do and be better.ā€ People have insecurities. Women especially understand the way society tells you need to be married. People would get it. People would really be able to empathize with her if they felt she was genuine. I know it seems to her like doing this would be the end of the world, but it would actually be the best thing for her personally to get that all off her chest and for her channel. And Iā€™ve basically written her script for her....
I think the main issue with Smelley is that admitting everything that's happened to her (i.e. being dumped multiple times by many live-in boyfriends, the daily hive scam, the lying about her career, the shoddy jewelry, etc.) would be....A LOT. And for someone who doesn't seem to be very good at taking responsibility for when something goes wrong in her life but also sees herself as a "princess," it must be seriously difficult to admit to all those shortcomings. The cognitive dissonance that would create would be a total nightmare.

I also think that as people get older, it becomes harder and harder to admit to your serious shortcomings, especially if admitting to it would overhaul your self image. I also get the impression that Elle isn't the type whose interested in authenticity compared to a flattering image. Even with the Joe breakup video, she did admit to being dumped out of the blue but made it sound like Joe was this cold, callous monster who made an unilateral decision out of nowhere. She kind of reminds me of Blanche Dubois from A Streetcar named Desire, a woman who spent her entire life upholding this image of herself that wasn't inline with reality and refused to back down even at the end.

I'm just living for the moment when she's gonna have to explain another lonnnng YT absence (Vera and her other fans are prob crying themselves to sleep at night, wondering if Princess is OK)... 3 weeks since her last video.

"Guys I just needed a mental break (from the taxing existence of being a privileged white girlboss and taking my life in my hands every time I swap spit and horizontal samba with a guy during a rather inconvenient pandemic)... I'm coming back with better content (although really it's just more hauls and WIEIAD and GRWM and the same garbage I always churn out)... Thank you for being patient with me (and we know how fragile I am... Even a strong gust of wind can knock me out of mental alignment and I'll need another break and a treat for my fractured nerves)... And a massive thank you to everyone buying my pearls (there's so fewer people doing that though... Why??... I thought my creations were the best jewelry out there bc I make each piece from the heart... Really it's just dangerously close to the cleavage I like to flaunt to attract those guys for sex)"

• Haha
Also fwiw, I think while a lot of subscribers and maybe this forum can even forgive Eleanor Lecocq should she choose to come clean and apologize, I'm not as confident that current and future men would and I think this may be a major reason that she's doubling down on the delusional behavior.

I find that many men will judge a woman by her past behavior and one of the things men hate the most is women who are selfish and desperate to get hitched, and use them as means to that end. I think most guys now, especially eligible ones, hate feeling like they're taken advantage of whether emotionally or economically and no one wants to feel like a girl settled with them asap in order to get married. Eventually, all this would come out in every single one of her relationships and the men will question if she's with them for the right reasons or because she wants to be a kept woman and married asap. Notice during all her live-in relationships and the few times she's mentioned her breakups, she never once said she was sad because she loved the guys. She seemed to mourn the tangible benefits of the relationships (i.e. free rent and home decor while she shopped for more designer goods) and the ability to show off the fact that she had a man than the actual guys themselves.

Reactions: 14
I think the main issue with Smelley is that admitting everything that's happened to her (i.e. being dumped multiple times by many live-in boyfriends, the daily hive scam, the lying about her career, the shoddy jewelry, etc.) would be....A LOT. And for someone who doesn't seem to be very good at taking responsibility for when something goes wrong in her life but also sees herself as a "princess," it must be seriously difficult to admit to all those shortcomings. The cognitive dissonance that would create would be a total nightmare.

I also think that as people get older, it becomes harder and harder to admit to your serious shortcomings, especially if admitting to it would overhaul your self image. I also get the impression that Elle isn't the type whose interested in authenticity compared to a flattering image. Even with the Joe breakup video, she did admit to being dumped out of the blue but made it sound like Joe was this cold, callous monster who made an unilateral decision out of nowhere. She kind of reminds me of Blanche Dubois from A Streetcar named Desire, a woman who spent her entire life upholding this image of herself that wasn't inline with reality and refused to back down even at the end.
Girl...I referenced this exact same play a while back!!! šŸ˜‚ Elle IS Blanche Dubois! Not that Elle would know anything beyond law textbooks and trashy teen novellas.

• Heart
Yes I agree with both of you.

Elle has always said that she wants to keep her channel mainly focused on style. I think her fault lies in having a lack of authenticity and overall ā€œshallownessā€ projected through her brand ā€”which is all fine, but her brand, business, and followers are going to have a shorter shelf life if she keeps doing this. When you present yourself in this way, people are more likely going to question things about your content, notice gaps, and ask about them since there is a lack of depth. And whatā€™s worse is that we see through the BS. She said she didnā€™t want to remain cagey when she and Joe broke up, but now Iā€™m convinced we wonā€™t be seeing a guy in Elleā€™s videos until he puts a wedding (not engagement) ring on it.

At this point, I donā€™t think YouTube serves as a creative outlet for her anymore. As much as YouTube is an escape for many people from their daily lives, I think it also serves as an escape for Elle to revel in the attention and admiration she never got in high school or in her real life now...which is sad, really. You can see it in the way she gets a high from going to swanky events, not because of the event itself or the people sheā€™s with but because itā€™s vlog-able, or when she films unboxing videos of luxury items. I donā€™t think she really appreciates a certain item for its craftsmanship but more for its potential ā€œvlog-abilityā€.

I feel like some of us are all rooting for her to come out as this grown-ass, woke woman who will admit to and own the wrong tit sheā€™s done but it all seems like wishful thinking at this point.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Also fwiw, I think while a lot of subscribers and maybe this forum can even forgive Eleanor Lecocq should she choose to come clean and apologize, I'm not as confident that current and future men would and I think this may be a major reason that she's doubling down on the delusional behavior.

I find that many men will judge a woman by her past behavior and one of the things men hate the most is women who are selfish and desperate to get hitched, and use them as means to that end. I think most guys now, especially eligible ones, hate feeling like they're taken advantage of whether emotionally or economically and no one wants to feel like a girl settled with them asap in order to get married. Eventually, all this would come out in every single one of her relationships and the men will question if she's with them for the right reasons or because she wants to be a kept woman and married asap. Notice during all her live-in relationships and the few times she's mentioned her breakups, she never once said she was sad because she loved the guys. She seemed to mourn the tangible benefits of the relationships (i.e. free rent and home decor while she shopped for more designer goods) and the ability to show off the fact that she had a man than the actual guys themselves.
That is such a good point.

Elle has always said that she wants to keep her channel mainly focused on style. I think her fault lies in having a lack of authenticity and overall ā€œshallownessā€ projected through her brand ā€”which is all fine, but her brand, business, and followers are going to have a shorter shelf life if she keeps doing this. When you present yourself in this way, people are more likely going to question things about your content, notice gaps, and ask about them since there is a lack of depth. And whatā€™s worse is that we see through the BS. She said she didnā€™t want to remain cagey when she and Joe broke up, but now Iā€™m convinced we wonā€™t be seeing a guy in Elleā€™s videos until he puts a wedding (not engagement) ring on it.

At this point, I donā€™t think YouTube serves as a creative outlet for her anymore. As much as YouTube is an escape for many people from their daily lives, I think it also serves as an escape for Elle to revel in the attention and admiration she never got in high school or in her real life now...which is sad, really. You can see it in the way she gets a high from going to swanky events, not because of the event itself or the people sheā€™s with but because itā€™s vlog-able, or when she films unboxing videos of luxury items. I donā€™t think she really appreciates a certain item for its craftsmanship but more for its potential ā€œvlog-abilityā€.

I feel like some of us are all rooting for her to come out as this grown-ass, woke woman who will admit to and own the wrong tit sheā€™s done but it all seems like wishful thinking at this point.
That right there.

Reactions: 1

Well said! šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Elle is a weird combination of insufferable but also pity-inducing. It's one thing when someone is just a terrible person but they are aware, and their actions are malicious and intended to benefit themselves. To me, Elle seems almost unintentionally awful (she really doesn't seem to see how her behavior comes across and is too delusional to accept how selfish/off-putting she is) and plays an active part in turning her life into the trainwreck it is today. You want to dislike her for treating other people horribly but at the same time, she does it to herself as well, albeit in a different way. Her entire life since the beginning of her youtube career has developed into a runaway train. šŸ˜‚šŸš‚

Reactions: 5
Lol even if she does admit fault and apologize I still won't like her, she would have to do a lot of changing for me to watch her. While it is clear YouTube isn't a priority for her (she had plenty of things she could've talked about to expand her YouTube channel but she hasn't ) being married is her only priority right now. And that's why she's trying to clear anything that might make a person not want to date her on first glance.

It is clear she doesn't want to change and she won't ever grow. I suggested the talking about Rick and the break up before for views and she didn't take the idea a few months ago.

YouTube is just a place for her to get praise now, from her whackadoodle fans

• Heart
Guys, you're all sensible, clever, well-meaning ladies but I'm afraid your wise words are lost on Miss Elle Florence Lecocq. Why? Because she's a woman-child, a 31-year old who deletes ANY negative comments. She will delete a comment where you criticise her hairstyle/trousers/handbag (she will block you too), do you think she has enough maturity to even mentally process all the stuff you wrote here? I do not think so. It would require her to step back and do some introspection. Appreciate she's not Miss America and the smartest chick out there. But it's beyond her and without professional therapy will always be. She has so many problems that I don't even know where to start:
- shopaholism,
- the inability to be happy in her own company hence the endless relationship search,
- a defensive attitude whenever she's subject of criticism,
- an entitled approach to life which makes her impossible to be around,
- a conviction that she knows best,
- 'pride' that makes it impossible for her to admit she messed up, failed, disappointed herself and others,
- a fixation on being married: she fails to recognize people marry for that they want to be with the other person, not for the title of Mrs and the potential leeching off one's spouse.

These are just some examples of what's wrong with her. Someone else mentioned how she never talked about missing her exes and being devastated about losing the person she loved. I'm starting to think she never actually loves anyone (apart from herself). She may FALL IN LOVE with the guys and be enamoured but was there ever a lasting emotion? Because if there was, I find it impossible to understand how she could start dating 2-3 months after breakups.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.