Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is kind of off-topic, but have we ever established what Ginette does/did for a living? Didn’t she work in finance? It just seems so odd and ironic considering it seems she impart some financial wisdom to Elle.

Reactions: 1
There's a Ginette on Linkedin with a hyphenated last name who works in finance in France, but that's not Elle's mom. Elle said her mom was working in NY when she was born, but no idea what she did for a living.

Reactions: 6
I think she hasn't worked for years. She wasn't even 60 years old when she followed Smelle to England and HK. Working remotely wasn't really that popular 10 years ago, so I'm assuming she was not employed. Unless she's a writer/ journalist... But I'm sure Smelle would brag about a career like that!

In a very old video where Smelle was showing her childhood bedroom, there was a decorative geisha doll on display and she said her mother bought it in Japan 'where she was working before Smelle was born'. I think she gave birth to Smelle in her early 30s so it's not like she had a long career. My assumption is that maybe she held some lower position in an international organisation such as the UN - that would explain living in Japan, NYC etc.

I also think both of them lived off alimony money from Smelle's biological father, some handouts from Smelle's godfather, and some inheritance from the Belgian grandmother. I believe the grandmother lived with them in Canada - perhaps she sold her possessions in Belgium and used the money to fund the purchase of the house in Victoria (the one with the parking lot view 😉)?

Reactions: 11
Don't know if anyone's seen this story (it went viral), but this lady is 100% Elle in 15 years (except for the racism, I hope). Crazy eyes? Check. Clown make-up? Check. Beaver teeth? Check. Insane shopping addiction? Check. Massive sense of entitlement vastly disproportionate to actual ability or success in life? CHECK.

Another off-topic thought from me - some people were wondering if Smelle has someone, apart from her mother, who could advise her to chill with her insane spending, going through men like a hurricane, and cutting back on the flood of lies. My answer is NO, she doesn't have anyone, she has no close friends. We've all seen how condescending and parasitic she's towards her mother, allegedly her 'best friend since day 1'. If that's how she treats her own mother, imagine how she'd treat a friend!

Reactions: 7
I think she hasn't worked for years. She wasn't even 60 years old when she followed Smelle to England and HK. Working remotely wasn't really that popular 10 years ago, so I'm assuming she was not employed. Unless she's a writer/ journalist... But I'm sure Smelle would brag about a career like that!

In a very old video where Smelle was showing her childhood bedroom, there was a decorative geisha doll on display and she said her mother bought it in Japan 'where she was working before Smelle was born'. I think she gave birth to Smelle in her early 30s so it's not like she had a long career. My assumption is that maybe she held some lower position in an international organisation such as the UN - that would explain living in Japan, NYC etc.

I also think both of them lived off alimony money from Smelle's biological father, some handouts from Smelle's godfather, and some inheritance from the Belgian grandmother. I believe the grandmother lived with them in Canada - perhaps she sold her possessions in Belgium and used the money to fund the purchase of the house in Victoria (the one with the parking lot view 😉)?
I agree with you I don't think her mother has worked in the last 20 years. Maybe when Elle was younger and they lived with elle's grandparents but I def think child support and money from her godfather and grandparents is how they funded their lifestyle. Before I thought ginette was someone who realized it is better to be alone than be with the wrong person, but I'm not so sure. Part of me wonders if the relationship she had with that guy in the UK was another way to fund her and elle's lifestyle too. And depending on what your job is moving between countries like that isn't easy for your career so she must have been working with a big multi national company that allowed her to move like that (at least in regards to japan/new York)

Isn’t being high maintenance, using tons of makeup, overstyling your hair, and being obsessed with your looks a turn off for most men? My husband thinks it’s annoying that I own about 10 lipsticks and it takes me a whole 10 minutes (!) to do my makeup and hair in the morning. He would rather I just walk out the door. If he only knew that there are women out there who are like Elle! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wasn't Ginette some kind of independent financial adviser? I'm sure I remember Elle showing Ginette's 'work' desk in the Victoria house tour...

Reactions: 1
I think I can kind of understand Elle to some extent. I am not naturally beautiful and have just average look without makeup. I do put in lots of efforts to maintain my appearance and making myself feel prettier does make me feel more confident and put together. But I also agree Elle put on way too much makeup and her hair is overdone. If I were her I would definitely tone it down on makeup and hairstyling.

Reactions: 4
Isn’t being high maintenance, using tons of makeup, overstyling your hair, and being obsessed with your looks a turn off for most men? My husband thinks it’s annoying that I own about 10 lipsticks and it takes me a whole 10 minutes (!) to do my makeup and hair in the morning. He would rather I just walk out the door. If he only knew that there are women out there who are like Elle! 🤣
I think it's a turn-off in the long run which might be part of why she's still not married (among a laundry list of other issues) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think I can kind of understand Elle to some extent. I am not naturally beautiful and have just average look without makeup. I do put in lots of efforts to maintain my appearance and making myself feel prettier does make me feel more confident and put together. But I also agree Elle put on way too much makeup and her hair is overdone. If I were her I would definitely tone it down on makeup and hairstyling.
There's nothing wrong with making effort in how you look and being "average-looking," by definition, applies to most people in the world so it isn't a bad thing by any means.

I think the issue people have with Elle is that she's had so many plastic surgeries and LIES (bad root canal, anyone? Apparently that can shave off a rounded chin :unsure:) about not having them when her face has clearly changed too much for it to be natural or just with make-up. If you try to ask her about that, your comment is prompted deleted and she'll block you. She also takes her makeup and hair to the extreme (as you said, overdone) and is always eye-bleeping her reflection with her typical smirk. She also frequently tries to brag about the way she looks indirectly and directly in an odd fashion that's very off-putting (i.e. "I'm just very very pale and this would look lovely with my skin tone," when she isn't that fair, or "I'm an extra small in xyz brand, a 2 in lululemon and I can't wear a bigger size when exercising cause it's uncomfortable" when we can clearly see the fabric SCREAMING to hold her legs in).

In regards to how I know for a fact that Elle is lying about her size or seriously squeezing herself into too tight clothes, other than seeing her videos/photos, I also have myself for reference.

I am about 5'7, currently weigh 110 lbs, and I wear a 24/25 in jeans (more often 25) and a 2-4 in lululemon, but prefer 4 generally because 2 can feel overly tight/be unflattering in certain spots in a lot of styles. If I gain more than 5 pounds, my clothes start becoming very snug and uncomfortable, and some of my smaller clothing isn't really wearable anymore.

Contrast this to Elle, who claims to be 5'4, and she mentioned in a past video that she's 130lbs, there is NO WAY we fit into the same size given I am 3 inches taller and 20 pounds lighter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I have to put in effort to make myself look presentable and I believe that applies to most people. I’ve also had a cosmetic procedure done to my face when I didn’t need it. The thing with Elle is that she has a very overinflated view on her looks and, as @svdwoodsen notes, she humblebrags about her appearance frequently.

Note these are not direct quotes but I’m sure this is what goes through her mind:
“Teehee! These clothes are all size 2! I’m a model’s size!”
“I’m naturally pale like a porcelain doll!”
“My European sized teeth make me unfit for Invisalign!”
Etc...

It’s just ridiculous and gross. I have no problem with people being confident with how they look but it’s a little uncomfortable watching someone eye duck themselves in their own vlogs and emphasizing how much physically superior they are to their audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have to put in effort to make myself look presentable and I believe that applies to most people. I’ve also had a cosmetic procedure done to my face when I didn’t need it. The thing with Elle is that she has a very overinflated view on her looks and, as @svdwoodsen notes, she humblebrags about her appearance frequently.

Note these are not direct quotes but I’m sure this is what goes through her mind:
“Teehee! These clothes are all size 2! I’m a model’s size!”
“I’m naturally pale like a porcelain doll!”
“My European sized teeth make me unfit for Invisalign!”
Etc...

It’s just ridiculous and gross. I have no problem with people being confident with how they look but it’s a little uncomfortable watching someone eye duck themselves in their own vlogs and emphasizing how much physically superior they are to their audience.
It's definitely the lying and superiority complex that makes people dislike her. Lots of celebs and models and even youtubers/influencers have had plastic surgery done and as long as they're transparent about it, people don't bat an eye.

I've interned in the fashion industry before and I wonder if Elle repeatedly tells herself that that she is tiny and claims certain measurements despite the fact that she obviously looks bigger is because she thinks those are, are you said, "model sizes." It's sort of know that within the fashion industry, most female models are 5'8/5'9+, have a waist between 23-25, and chest size between 32-34 (I feel like I recall Elle saying her bra band size is 32 at some point). I bet she's not even 5'4, but shorter, and just rounding up to make herself seem closer to the model ideal given it's much harder to lie about height when the difference is that large. Maybe she thinks it's like being a "girl boss"... if she tells herself that she is a size 0 or has measurements similar to a model long enough, people will believe her. Too bad with looks, you can spot the lie right away. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wasn't Ginette some kind of independent financial adviser? I'm sure I remember Elle showing Ginette's 'work' desk in the Victoria house tour...
No, that's not her. As someone else said before, there's a financial advisor lady on LinkedIn who has the same name and surname as ginette but that lady lives in France permanently.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It's definitely the lying and superiority complex that makes people dislike her. Lots of celebs and models and even youtubers/influencers have had plastic surgery done and as long as they're transparent about it, people don't bat an eye.

I've interned in the fashion industry before and I wonder if Elle repeatedly tells herself that that she is tiny and claims certain measurements despite the fact that she obviously looks bigger is because she thinks those are, are you said, "model sizes." It's sort of know that within the fashion industry, most female models are 5'8/5'9+, have a waist between 23-25, and chest size between 32-34 (I feel like I recall Elle saying her bra band size is 32 at some point). I bet she's not even 5'4, but shorter, and just rounding up to make herself seem closer to the model ideal given it's much harder to lie about height when the difference is that large. Maybe she thinks it's like being a "girl boss"... if she tells herself that she is a size 0 or has measurements similar to a model long enough, people will believe her. Too bad with looks, you can spot the lie right away. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I had a friend who did commercial modeling; she was 5’7”ish (closer to 5’8”), size 2 but even she was on the “short” side and definitely WAY too short to do runway. Even then, her clothes fit differently than Elle’s, especially since Elle is very untoned. So I always went cockeyed when Elle would like to brag about being a size 2 and wear size 24 jeans, but would discretely not mention her height and weight, lol...not that weight is anyone’s business but the height would be a good frame of reference. I know she eventually revealed her height on some vlog while she was dating SS but it took a while to get her to admit that. 😂🙄 God, I’d love to imagine her trying to go to some agency only to be surrounded by willowy girls who are half her age and twice her height. 😂

She’s definitely not taller than 5’5” but I believe she’s between 5’3”-5’4”, so I’ll throw her a bone there. She just wears clothes and shoes that are unflattering and make her look stumpy. 😂😅

Honestly, though, I don’t expect anyone in my life to look physically beautiful; I’m pretty sure people would think even my partner is less than attractive but I love him for him. I don’t, however, appreciate people who like to lie and think they’re somehow superior when they really have nothing to show for it.

I had a friend who did commercial modeling; she was 5’7”ish, size 2 but even she was on the “short” side and definitely WAY too short to do runway. Even then, her clothes fit differently than Elle’s, especially since Elle is very untoned. So I always went cockeyed when Elle would like to brag about being a size 2 and wear size 24 jeans, but would discretely not mention her height and weight, lol...not that weight is anyone’s business but the height would be a good frame of reference. I know she eventually revealed her height on some vlog while she was dating SS but it took a while to get her to admit that. 😂🙄 God, I’d love to imagine her trying to go to some agency only to be surrounded by willowy girls who are half her age and twice her height. 😂

She’s definitely not taller than 5’5” but I believe she’s between 5’3”-5’4”, so I’ll throw her a bone there. She just wears clothes and shoes that are unflattering and make her look stumpy. 😂😅

Honestly, though, I don’t expect anyone in my life to look physically beautiful; I’m pretty sure people would think even my partner is less than attractive but I love him for him. I don’t, however, appreciate people who like to lie and think they’re somehow superior when they really have nothing to show for it.
I know what you mean! I always wished I was at least two inches taller so I could meet the minimum for modelling height wise (5'9 seems like the bare minimum for any kind of high fashion modeling) but I guess you can't have everything you want in life, haha. I think people also don't realize how runway models are basically freaks of nature in the best way. They're super tall and super slim even compared to average-height people with nice proportions. Many of them are also really attractive. Like you said, it's very different for a shorter person to be a certain size vs. a taller person. It's MUCH HARDER for tall people like models to be thin given they tend to have larger frames generally.

I'm guessing she's closer to 5'3 judging by her photos, or she just has a longer torso with heavy hips and is actually 5'4.

I agree that Elle's issue isn't necessarily how she looks, but her off-putting attitude and delusions of grandeur.

Reactions: 9
Sort of random, but Elle's lack of calves is tragic. Her legs look like chicken legs.
She has the most unfortunate legs indeed. No thigh or calf definition, chonky cankles, ugly knees 😬

But let's take a moment to appreciate her pre-braces teeth 😂 And sperm eyebrows 😁
Screenshot_20200622_181329.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.