Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I was going to suggest look at the people named Joe that Elle follows on Instagram but I don't think she follows him anymore

Reactions: 1
The oversized patio furniture she bought the week before (I think) Joe broke up with her. The video made me so mad b/c she relegated Joe's BBQ to the small corner of that wrap around balcony. I think she also insulted some outdoor furniture he came with, calling it dirty or unattractive. She looked so smug (not happy) that I had to look her up to see if others were getting the same impression. That was when I found GuruGoss and followed you ladies here. I was always under the impression she was too good for Joe but then you all set me straight! BTW: That video is still up on her Youtube channel. I watched it when I was feeling nostalgic for the good old days of Elleverse.
Link? Or what am I typing in the search? Lol

Characteristics of compulsive shopping disorder include:

* Difficulty resisting the purchase of unneeded items

* Preoccupation with shopping for unneeded items

* Spending a great deal of time researching coveted items and/or shopping for unneeded items
Maybe she has adhd?

KikiOoMomo

Chatty Member
Wow, these are horrendous. The ugg sweater looks like something that a main character in a movie about a struggling mother dealing with addiction would wear around the house.
Let's be honest Elle does have more in common with a struggling down on her luck addicted mother than with the girlboss lawyer image she tries to portray. When is the last time Elle appeared dynamic, youthful or light?

Sultrysummer

I think it's safe to say you could donate Smelle's wardrobe to five women and each of them would still end up with more clothes than an average woman.

Smelle is deeply unhappy because she cannot find security and stability in life. She tries to suppress these feelings with the high that shopping gives her but it's only temporary, so she needs to buy more and more.

First, her childhood was spent without a father and that's not because he was dead, an alcoholic, a criminal but simply because he wanted to remove himself from Spermbrows and their daughter. While the mother provided Smelle with all material goods and until this day remains a helicopter parent, she couldn't make up for the imbeded hurt that Smelle is feeling even now - her biological father never met her but decided he didn't want to know her, be in touch with her, spend time with her.
Then, she got into her head that life will be perfect if you emulate a Disney fairytale. You have to be attractive, feminine, a good homemaker, and you'll easily find the man who will love and worship you forever. However, the world is not a fairytale and there is more to maintaining a stable relationship than wearing a ton of hairspray and nail polish that matches christmas tree decorations. She goes for men who aren't dying to be husbands (maybe apart from Rickets) and are focused more on their career and general appearance than impregnating their wife and becoming her ATM until death do them part. Smelle wishes to be a luxury tradwife but the men she dates have no interest in being tradhusbands.
How do you know that Elle’s biological father is not “dead, an alcoholic, a criminal?“ What facts do you have to substantiate this? Just curious and wondering where this info was derived from.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Rose with Hubba Bubba in the tasting notes. So clawsick! And only $12 a glass? What the heck happened ladies? Did Mama G have all her money in Bitcoin?

I'm totally setting myself up for disappointment by imagining that Elle 'explaining everything' is going to be an engagement or pregnancy but deep down, I know its just going to be that she bought a box of scarves in a new color from the wholesaler and you can have one for only $250!!!
I have similar tastes in alcohol as Elle and her mother though - I love sweet stuff, which apparently is what they like too. My favourite drink is Martini Asti and it's only $11 a bottle. I also like sweet Rose and Zinfandels and Rieslings. You can't get me to drink more expensive stuff. I should try the Gorman Rose sometime.