Elle Florence #12 Fumbling Towards Mediocrity: Elle, Her Cats, and the Quest for Mr. Next

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she might have aged out of the market for the rich tech guy.
Her best bet is to go for a tech guy who comes from an ordinary/lower middle class family – the kind that's the first in his family to go to college, live in a big city, etc. Sort of like Rick, but without the delusions of grandeur. I can see how Elle might look good on paper to someone like that – bilingual European lawyer and jewellery designer with a YouTube channel and a second home in Hawaii. Of course we know that's mostly nonsense and Joe's parents clocked her for what she really is pretty quickly, but she could probably pull it off around people she thinks are 'beneath' her.

Reactions: 12
Just saw her closet video. What the heck was that? She definitely needs a rehab stint for her shopping addiction. How many white T-shirts does one person need? And she is proudly claiming, she has donated 3 times the stuff that she has now. The amount she spent on those clothes could have easily been down payment for an apartment in Vancouver. And she been lugging the same from apartment to apartment all these years.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Also some stuff on the Instagram page was there before. The Stella cost the St. John jacket… they’ve been on since her last closet clean up. Where does she get off charging 100 dollars for a dress stained with self tanner? I haven’t looked in a while but I don’t think she’s been able to sell anything.

Reactions: 9
Just saw her closet video. What the heck was that? She definitely needs a rehab stint for her shopping addiction. How many white T-shirts does one person need? And she is proudly claiming, she has donated 3 times the stuff that she has now. The amount she spent on those clothes could have easily been down payment for an apartment in Vancouver. And she been lugging the same from apartment to apartment all these years.
No kidding. When I saw that box of white t-shirts I nearly spat out my tea. In all the years I’ve been hate-watching her I don’t think I’ve ever seen her wear a white t-shirt. The other thing that went through my mind, as she was doing her Vanna impression, was that even after donating so much clothing ( as she asserts), her closet still looks like a disjointed mishmash of stuff. Going through your wardrobe is supposed to help you refine your style. No so with Elle, apparently.

Reactions: 10
Hey Elle, don't think you're doing anyone a service by donating buttloads of clothing. Places like Goodwill for example are inundated with so many clothing items that they can't resell them all, with the rest being thrown in the trash or shipped to third world countries which decimates the local textile industry. Not to mention the environmental factor of making the clothes in the first place. I used to have a shopping addiction and used shopping as way to fill a void, and after many years of learning, unlearning, self-help I have a healthy relationship with my wallet and purchasing mindset. It would not surprise me one bit that Elle shops to make herself feel better, give off a false impression of what she can afford/certain lifestyle, or fill her time cuz she's simply bored. I think she definitely likes that dopamine hit of buying something new, why else would she discard so many of her purchases.

Ooooh! Excited to see what goodies she rewards herself with for passing the WA State Bar Exam!

A trip to Cancun, perhaps? Definitely a Chanel purse, or maybe she’ll venture into Goyard by purchasing an entry-level canvas tote in a clearance-bin colorway?
Maybe if we’re lucky, we’ll get to see a couple more Caribbean-teal Le Creuset pieces proudly displayed on the overcrowded coffee cart, or maybe on the stairs or the toilet. I definitely foresee some $98 candles in an upcoming video. Show us the goods! As many of us are saving up for mortgage down payments, or replenishing our savings that got wiped out last year, Ginette will be treating Elle to an all-expenses paid trip to Mexico and some luxury outlets, for her hard work and resilience. I can’t waittttttt!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Ooooh! Excited to see what goodies she rewards herself with for passing the WA State Bar Exam!
How long have the results of the Bar passage been out? Kind of surprising she has not said anything about it, although I don't watch her or Instagram, so I don't know for sure if she has said anything about passing.

Reactions: 10
Ewww... why do all her clothes look like they've been sitting at the bottom of a musty hamper for months? Everything should have been steamed, dry-cleaned, or ironed prior to selling. She's also been trying to sell that blue Stella McCartney coat since spring 2018. Elle, it's been almost four years. Donate the coat for crying out loud!

This is a textbook example of hoarding. Things can't leave her and they comfort her so she accumulates them until it becomes overwhelming. The cycle never ends and then suddenly it's "oh I did a closet clear out, I'm going to be moving away from trends and investing in more classics and things I love". Fast forward a year and she's back where she started, with twenty white tees or forty seven blue sweaters.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Ewww... why do all her clothes look like they've been sitting at the bottom of a musty hamper for months? Everything should have been steamed, dry-cleaned, or ironed prior to selling. She's also been trying to sell that blue Stella McCartney coat since spring 2018. Elle, it's been almost four years. Donate the coat for crying out loud!

This is a textbook example of hoarding. Things can't leave her and they comfort her so she accumulates them until it becomes overwhelming. The cycle never ends and then suddenly it's "oh I did a closet clear out, I'm going to be moving away from trends and investing in more classics and things I love". Fast forward a year and she's back where she started, with twenty white tees or forty seven blue sweaters.
If only she wasn't a selfish witch, dress to Impress or any woman's charity could really benefit from her Conservative clothes. She is so greedy it's sickening, imagine knowing you raised your daughter and they turned out like this.

• Sad
If only she wasn't a selfish witch, dress to Impress or any woman's charity could really benefit from her Conservative clothes. She is so greedy it's sickening, imagine knowing you raised your daughter and they turned out like this.
That's true, a charity providing work-appropriate clothes for underprivileged women could benefit from Smelle's closet clearout but only if she washed them and steamed them! Right now they look like they've been chewed on by a dog and then used to clean the floor.

Also, I can't figure out if she's so disrespectful of her potential closet clear out buyers that she couldn't be bothered to present the items nicely or she's not noticing the terrible presentation because she's a major slob.

Also, I can't figure out if she's so disrespectful of her potential closet clear out buyers that she couldn't be bothered to present the items nicely or she's not noticing the terrible presentation because she's a major slob.
I am starting to think she's just a major slob. I say that because she doesn't even seem to think it's weird to show the piles of crumpled up clothes or the unhygienic kitchen habits....I think the only reason miss perfection shows it is because she doesn't realize it's slob behavior.

• Haha
Funny bit in the video when she stumbles over her clothes. Cringey bit the end sequence where she is behaving like a 50's housewife. Maybe she is donating all these clothes for Mr. Fisherman. According to her usual timeline, its already time to move in together.

• Haha
She's just a slob I think. The fact that she wasn't embarrassed to show us that video of her hand washing her clothes in the kitchen sink instead of a wash basin.

She also touches her cat and then doesn't wash her hands again while cooking and doesn't seem to wash her vegetables.

She's just a slob I think. The fact that she wasn't embarrassed to show us that video of her hand washing her clothes in the kitchen sink instead of a wash basin.

She also touches her cat and then doesn't wash her hands again while cooking and doesn't seem to wash her vegetables.
She must have one hell of an immune system after all of that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I sell on Poshmark and make more of an effort for a side hustle than this. Where are the aesthetics and the refinement Elle hmmm?!?

Reactions: 7
I sell on Poshmark and make more of an effort for a side hustle than this. Where are the aesthetics and the refinement Elle hmmm?!?
Her whole sexist, tired "classy #girlboss" facade is superficial at best. Elle has shown questionable personal hygiene and a distinct lack of kitchen cleanliness, so I'm not surprised she's making zero effort for her used clothing. She's banking -- correctly, I might add -- on her fawning Karen fans to buy everything. It worked last time, minus a couple of pieces. Bleach and hot water wash those clothes when you get them, ladies!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.