Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boredstrom

VIP Member
Just finished my crawlthrough over the last few weeks of her vlogmas and girlboss vids. It's been said before a million times but wow that Girlboss breakup is such a sudden and complete devastation of her whole plan, it still blows my mind. She goes from marveling at how sparkly some overpriced dress is to sitting in her living room, abandoned by her ex in the space of a few frames. Especially knowing what will follow in the next couple years, you can see its really the point where her whole life went over the falls in a Chanel Boy Barrel.

Her spending in the vlogs leading up to the breakup is pretty insane, but really isn't much different from normal. In a way, Joe was lucky that she didn't do any of the little things that may have prevented the breakup. She didn't give him his own space in the apartment. She didn't give his interests an honest try. She didn't pay attention to anything except her own wants. If she had managed to keep him, his life would have been miserable. He would have worked his ass off to make partner, and its not like making more money would make life any better for him. Elle would have just upped her spending to match his new income and chewed through everything he made like a termite. She was certainly on that path throughout all the Joe vlogs.

So, credit where its due, Elle saved someone from making a life-ruining choice through her transparent greed, selfishness and lack of empathy. You can't say she doesn't give back to society.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

boredstrom

VIP Member
Yeah if she's suddenly quiet about something, its because she can't brag about it. We all know she's been mentally preparing how she will do her 10 part video series on her engagement ring since she was 11. Then she posts a couple retouched instagram photos of the one she actually got and says she won't be doing a video on it . . . . She knew people would be able to tell it was cheap and she hated it. If the ring was some $20,000 number from Joe she'd still be making videos about it today 2 years later.

Think about it, she dedicated more channel time to her bedroom boutique display rack than she did to her gumball machine engagement ring.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

VeraF

Hahaha, totally fooled me. It really sounded like him. But nonetheless, I think Rick is a total douchebag. And TBH I don't think he ever thought / considered seriously marrying her - he just sounded like he did, said what she wanted to hear to better take advantage of her. I just hope that at least Elle keeps the engagement ring (maybe she bought it herself).

The divorce rate is 50% and people are widowed; men lose their jobs, lose their businesses all the time.
I totally disagree. He may not be most women's idea of a good match, but there is nothing to suggest he took advantage of her. Elle is not a child, nor is she developmentally delayed. He did not hold her hostage or scam her.

They were both desperate, had a whirlwind romance, fast-tracked the relationship, and thankfully realized before getting married that they were not a good match.

As an adult, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are in the right frame of to date or get into a relationship. It is not the other person's responsibility. Accountability and responsibility for yourself is part of being an adult with free agency.

I know we like to poke fun at Rick's ridiculousness, but it's another thing to make him out to be some sort of a mustache-twirling villain.

Elle: “Hyuck, hyuck; where did it go, Joe??? Where did our view go???”
She is such an idiot. I would have slapped that camera out of her hand right there. 😡

Last edited:

202leda

I give Elle credit for using her bags. To be honest it creeps me out watching many of these Youtubers hoard tons of these bags only to barely use them because they have too much or they’re concerned with “resale” value.

That said her bag collection is tacky, as usual. I don’t see the point of having all those expensive Chanel bags...as much as I like Chanel their bags are pretty useless and hard to use. That GST bag hasn’t been in style since 2008; why bother having it esp since it’s so heavy? Not to mention, when was the last time she carried that Gucci tote? I completely forgot she had that bag. Just wasteful and weird.

**As an aside, I’m not sure why everyone loved Lauren Conrad and wanted to buy that tacky Medallion bag after she got it. I knew someone who went to school with her and let’s just say Kristin had every right to be rude to her, lmao. 🤣

• Sad

LetThemEatLipstick

She starts talking about nail polish and "Jacques" and "my private jet" at 12:07...wtf is she talking about? Anyone have any ideas?
Lol I think they may be OPI nail polish colors.

Because all #girlbosses mark milestones in their lives according to nail polish color popularity timeframes.

• Haha

APoppy

Yeah, it doesn't impress me that she wears her pearls. It's advertising.
she also probably only picks the best pearls for herself and uses the less perfect ones for actual designs. It doesn’t impress me she wears them. I remember one video she made wall art with the “rejected” pearls and all I could think is how did half the pearls on my necklace I ordered not make it to the reject pile.

• Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Like some of you, I felt sorry for her at the very beginning and tried to give her helpful advice. But after seeing her nasty behavior and how she treats some fans (blocking for asking even a simple question, replying back with passive-aggressive comments, etc), I have completely given up on her.
It would be a different story if this were just a phase, but her behavior has been going on for years AND she is in her 30's.

At this point, the position she is in is all her own doing. There are enough people who do not accept responsibility for their actions in this world as it is. She should take responsibility and stop blaming everything that doesn't go her way on external factors.

At this rate, I highly doubt she will change anything. There's simply not enough motivation for her to change. If anything, her behaviors will only get worse. 'm just here to watch the trainwreck.
I'm past feeling sorry for her at this point but she actually seemed a bit unhinged yesterday (apologies in advance if this offends anyone - I'm not a professional in psychology so this isn't a diagnosis in any way), at least to me and I suspect many on this board. If someone I knew irl acted and looked the way she did, I would tell them to get help. It was actually very uncomfortable to see, both the video and her subsequent exchanges on instagram.

Anddddd she turned off comments on that Instagram post, thereby deleting everything that was written in the comments including her bitchy responses and of course, all the questions/criticism she hasn’t already deleted. 🤣🤯

Last edited:
  • Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
Continuing my crawl through her vlogmas and girlboss videos today. On the Whistler trip one you really see Joe going from making little jokes to genuinely being annoyed with her, at least when she's filming.

They're getting ready to go for a trail walk and she's showing off her Lululemon getup with Merrell trail shoes. She is also taking a small Chanel bag that she can wear crosswise (Gee Elle, why don't you use that on your bike? It can't have fallen apart in only 3 years) and Joe is watching her and telling her she could just put her shit in his backpack if she didn't want to wear a thousand+ dollar bag into the woods on a muddy day. She didn't agree with his normal-person suggestion because . . . Elle.

Then after that walk they're getting lunch and he's full on done with her. You can tell he wanted to start eating and she forbade him from doing so until she filmed his plate of ribs. He says "Are we done showing off, can we eat our ribs?"

It would take him a few more months to realize it, but Joe finally came to the conclusion that Elle will likely never be done showing off.

Well, Ok, one day she'll start showing off less, but only after she doesn't have anything to show off when he's not picking up the tab any more!

• Heart

MrsWaldorf

Ladies, I finally found which wholesaler Smelle the Scammer Florence uses, and you guys are right! Her scarves are not even $40 per piece😡 What a rip off. I wanted to know where she sources her scarves from, as I stupidly purchased one long time ago. Yeah, I was so stupid. Now I’m thinking of becoming a “dEsIgNer” myself and start selling the same color scarves for fraction of the price🤣🤣 What a f***ing scammer..
I don't get this! How can you buy something already made, stich a little logo (that she said somewhere that it can be removed) and claim that you're a fashion designer? I get big stores doing this (where I live is quite normal to have big chain stores buying already finished clothing from small countries and selling as their own instead of using just their own line), but as a "small business owner" this sh*t is ridiculous! And the funny thing is that she sells just a couple of models each time like they are a collection of limited edition she carefully designed. Why doesn't she admit she's just a third party seller and simply buy more itens and create an online store with clothing styles similar to what she wears, along with her pearls and scarves? It would be more elegant of her to simply become a clothing seller than to act like she's a fashion designer that creates unique peaces and then export them to Nepal to have then handmade by local women that just see a fraction of the price she pays - (and c'mon, you buy something for 40 bucks, resell for 200 and claim you're helping the village women when you get more than the double you've paid them?)

Sorry for the rant

I don't get this! How can you buy something already made, stich a little logo (that she said somewhere that it can be removed) and claim that you're a fashion designer? I get big stores doing this (where I live is quite normal to have big chain stores buying already finished clothing from small countries and selling as their own instead of using just their own line), but as a "small business owner" this sh*t is ridiculous! And the funny thing is that she sells just a couple of models each time like they are a collection of limited edition she carefully designed. Why doesn't she admit she's just a third party seller and simply buy more itens and create an online store with clothing styles similar to what she wears, along with her pearls and scarves? It would be more elegant of her to simply become a clothing seller than to act like she's a fashion designer that creates unique peaces and then export them to Nepal to have then handmade by local women that just see a fraction of the price she pays - (and c'mon, you buy something for 40 bucks, resell for 200 and claim you're helping the village women when you get more than the double you've paid them?)

Sorry for the rant
And then she could say she's a fashion curator that puts together a lawyerly collection of clothing that "balances legal aesthetics and practicality".

Last edited:
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Hehe in no way am I trying to absolve Elle of blame in the Rick fiasco, but even people who really don't like her made comments that she was settling (and panicking) big time in marrying him. I still think a guy like him did his homework. It's like stealing the other team's signals. You now have an advantage, but at the end of the day, you still have to go out and win the game.

I think there was also a part of Elle who wanted to believe that she didn't need a constant stream of luxury items to be happy in life. A lot of addicts would like to believe their addictions neither control or define them, but Elle learned the hard way that hers runs her life.

Wait, what am I saying? Elle didn't learn anything . . . . She's back to her old tricks desperately trying to fill the hole in her soul with her 8th apartment with a view, 50th handbag, 100th sweater, and a new candle to mask the odor of the pain. And that is why we love her.

• Haha

Phoebe.Tallulah

Oh wow!! I just took a peek at the food blog and what a mess!!! Spelling errors - chilli, missing units - 1/4 olive oil but no indication if it’s cups or teaspoons. And the units she does use aren’t consistent - grams in the butternut Mac and cheese then cups in the soup? Get it together! If this wasn’t coming from some know-it-all self absorbed brat then I wouldn’t care so much. Honestly I wish I was raised with even half the amount of smoke blown up my ass as Smelle clearly was!! Sheesh!! 😂
ETA- I did make the butternut Mac and cheese a few years ago and it was gross!

• Haha

202leda

@LegalEagle5 a box of chocolates (especially truffles with caramel centers) win me over any day over flowers, I can tell you that 😂❤

Well, guys, let’s not forget that Smelle IS a generalist! 😜
Here’s some of my guesses to all of Elle’s “talents”:

Trained in classical singing: sang in class choir with a teacher whose credentials included operas.

Played piano and harp: most likely learned how to play chopsticks and gave up after 6 months like many failed piano students. I’d like to think if Elle knew how to play piano she’d at least own a keyboard and brag play in past vlogs. 🙄 Btw, one of my friends learned to play harp as a kid and even she had a freaking harp in her storage closet!

Apprenticed under a jeweler at his atelier: spent the weekends with Ginette’s male friend who let Elle play with his jewelry tools so he could show Ginette he’s good with kids.

Golf: played miniature golf at an amusement park

Archery: learned archery in summer camp or phys ed/gym class

I could be completely wrong with my guesses, but even then I don’t get the impression Elle was ever a child prodigy. 🙄😂 Since she never seems to miss an opportunity to brag, how come she only mentions these accomplishments 1-2 times and never again?

• Haha
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
I would wager Rick did his due diligence on Elle and was able to use what he learned about her damages from the Joe breakup to his advantage. Maybe he slid into her IM's first, was surprised by how receptive she was, and then did his homework. She had taken down the Joe videos by then, but I am sure he googled her, read all the joe-era threads fromGG and knew just what to do.

He wasn't rich, or handsome, or braggable in terms of status or career, but he knew if he offered her a chance to make up for lost time, he would be in. I mean who the hell gets engaged after 4 months of long distance dating? He had plenty of insider info and knew that was his ace in the hole.

• Wow

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I don't know if Rickety Dicklets scammed Miss Smellenor (if he did, what goes around certainly comes around quickly) but the random glances I've taken at his channel the past few months and the occasional discussion here makes me think that he's less granola, and more brand and image driven than we'd think at first glance. I recall him talking about a "luxury car" while waving the keys to that used Porsche him and Smelley got in the good old days, talk about "Vancouver country clubs" in another clip, brag about his "amazing" travel experiences in Italy and how he spoke Italian, and didn't he recently put up some photo of him on a BMW bike? He also seems to enjoy shirtless photos of himself (gag me) and pretends to be very sporty despite the fact that he plays tennis with 80 year olds.

• Haha
  • Sick

Juliezzz

I interned at a non-profit organization when I was in college and I was mainly responsible for issuing confirmation letter and thank you card to people who made a donation. Any non-profit should be able to do that. If she had the confirmation letter or thank you card, I think she would have already posted it. It’s been a few months now since she claimed that she had made the donation so at this point she should have received all the recognition letter or email now. She never provided any real/direct proof of the donation and it speaks a lot.

Last edited:
  • Heart

APoppy

I feel like she dumped him...The reality of FL was already settling in the more time she spent there, then all the comments from her subscribers about how she was settling, not understanding why she would move from Vancouver to sad FL, no doubt got to her since her image is #1 to her. Then she went to Hawaii, got a taste of her old life (mentioned that FL doesn't have good ramen restaurants, got a new bag) and then I think she committed to breaking it off. I think her dumping him right before Christmas probably made her want to get out of there asap, especially since she had met his family before and the situation would have just been super awkward. She probably weighed it and thought it would be better to break it off before Christmas than after he introduced her as his fiancee to even more of his extended family and friends during the holiday gatherings.
The only part of her breaking it off that I don’t understand, Is if she broke it off why was her exit not more planned out? She came back from Hawaii all happy and excited for her mom to come visit Florida. If her and her mom had talked about her breaking things off, I would suspect her mom would have rented a separate place in Florida that her and Elle could stay at while she got her stuff/life together again. They both were staying at Ricks house in her final Vlogmas that year. Her rush off to Hawaii the second time did not seem planned or thought out (she just left everything behind). I think the fact she was still in Ricks house with her mom, rushed off to Hawaii quickly with no plan for her stuff supports the argument he broke things off and she was too embarrassed to deal with a 3rd public breakup (especially to someone everyone was pointing out was not as high caliber as Joe) she left as quickly as possible.