eBay/charity shops/Facebook marketplace finds

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a lovely thread!

My best eBay bargain was (about 10-15 years ago) a solid wooden butchers block for 99p. I was the only bidder. I actually felt guilty as it was about £80 odd to buy new. We still have it after being used for many years in a kitchen, it is now converted by my daughter as a screenprint station!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Loads of charity shops where mum lived, and she used to do a walk round quite often. She was passing one as a van was unloading a few bits of furniture, and saw a little bedside cabinet covered (badly) in green gloss paint. Snagged it for a fiver, turned out to be a beautiful solid rosewood c1900 with original brass fittings.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I bought a pristine Jack Monroe cookbook Tin Can Cook for 20 pence from a charity shop ~proud.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I bought a pristine Jack Monroe cookbook Tin Can Cook for 20 pence from a charity shop ~proud.
Was this before you knew or post?

Ngl I do look out for them so I can get them out of circulation to save people wasting money :( have never seen one in the wild, but have seen them being given away on local no buy pages.

Reactions: 3
Was this before you knew or post?

Ngl I do look out for them so I can get them out of circulation to save people wasting money :( have never seen one in the wild, but have seen them being given away on local no buy pages.
A few weeks ago, my husband thought I was making up the rinsed hoops recipe and keeps asking if it is a real cookbook.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love charity shop shopping!! When I was younger my dad would drag me around charity shops and I used to loathe it but over the past 6 years or so I have started to buy most of my clothes from charity shops. I like that I can pick nice things up fairly cheaply and not feel guilty about wearing them for maybe a season or so and then donating back into the charity shop system.

I do also buy to sell if I see something I know I can turn a profit on. I bought a YSL jumper once for £6 and I got a Sandro Paris shirt for £2. One of my best buys was a vintage Christian Dior Monsieur blazer which was £10. I also bought a Burberry rain mac in my local salvation army for £50. I was thrilled as I'd just donated an imitation barberr burberry Trench coat that I loved to bits but was way too small for me after putting on those lockdown pounds and then I went and found the genuine thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So a moan but like everyone else I’m looking for vintage/Danish/MCM/space age furniture on eBay and I continue to be stunned at the state of upholstery *from professional selling accounts*. You could hire one of those upholstery steam extraction people for a few hundred quid and do all your stock - there’s no excuse to be selling items for thousands with the most grim upholstery going.

Some of the price tags are another moan to be had 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3