East 17

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread to talk about all things East 17!

Were you a fan? What’s your favourite song of theirs? Or album? Did you see them live?

🎶 in the house of love, everybody is free 🎶

Let’s go!

1706394533802.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I was a Take Thatter but also really liked East 17. I remember being really excited for their up all night album as it was lenticular( please be the right word lol) but then being gutted as mine wasnt. As it was only the CD & I had the Cassette :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was a Take Thatter but also really liked East 17. I remember being really excited for their up all night album as it was lenticular( please be the right word lol) but then being gutted as mine wasnt. As it was only the CD & I had the Cassette :ROFLMAO:
I was just thinking about that album cover, (I have no idea if it’s the right one but “lenticular” is a brilliant word!), it was so cool, changed from night to day!

Reactions: 2
We were talking on the celeb gossip thread about how filthy the lyrics are for some of their songs, like Deep. Which is true. But omg musically Deep is just gorgeous. The synths, and operatic background vocals, the beats, it’s all so dreamy.

Reactions: 8
Ohhh I loved them, they were always on Live and Kicking when I was a kid

Brian had a great voice

They're still going last I heard with Terry as the only original member, plus Robbie Craig as lead singer and some other guy?

The documentary about their failed attempts at reunion (2006ish?) was interesting. Must look for it on Youtube

My favourite songs are Been Around The World and If You Ever

Reactions: 6
Loved them! My fave was Terry he’s right up my street 😂saw them a few times in those party in the park type concerts when I was younger
---
I love the songs thunder and each time

Loved them! My fave was Terry he’s right up my street 😂saw them a few times in those party in the park type concerts when I was younger
---
I love the songs thunder and each time
I was looking up things about their debut album and came across this Terry interview you might like then!

It includes some really sweet nostalgia about their early days.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel like this is an underrated gem from the lenticular (thank you @pixxyy !) album Up All Night! it’s written and mostly sung by John! He wasn’t the best singer but his voice is perfect for this song.

Same.
My memory was right for a change haha might treat myself to it https://www.discogs.com/release/544997-East-17-Up-All-Night
My faves are House of Love, Deep, If you ever, Let it Rain
Also loved that they had a Dog haha
Around The World was good as well...also West End Girls. I was a TT girl but E17 did have some good tunes and it was great to have a boy band that was the opposite of them in every way. Of course, now we know TT weren't as squeaky clean as they claimed to be but at the time as much as I loved them, some of the interviews were yawn-inducing where they would say the same thing time and time again. With E17 however, you genuinely didn't know what they were gonna say and as a 12/13 year old, it seemed so mad.

I had that album, thought I was the bees Knees showing it to everyone. I saw them when I was younger, remember them coming down from the roof in orange jumpsuits to sing steam 😂

Morning everyone, I chose East 17 over Take That cos they were rougher and they had a cute dog , I was 11 when their first song came out. Been interested in what BH has had to say over the years (started when he said about DW and red rooms)
Anyway just dropping this here in light of recent happenings. That dirty fat bastard had a framed photo of Tony years later on the reunion show …. Sick

Attachments

• Sick
  • Sad
Whilst it is never Brian's place to say, I find it terrible that Tony ever went through such a horrific time and hopefully he has the help he needs.

Tony is why I was an East17 girl though. He was lanky, lean, blue eyed and a bit of rough. Which for a dumb and rather naive Catholic schoolgirl was like catnip. Plus their music was better than their peers.

zKNj7y.gif

Reactions: 7
Their music really was great! Walthamstow was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize, and Tony won an Ivor Novello award for Stay Another Day.

Reactions: 9
I'm guessing he must have a good sense of self and humour going by the Christmas Lidl ad too.

Their music really was great! Walthamstow was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize, and Tony won an Ivor Novello award for Stay Another Day.
Walthamstow is a good album. Better than the usual boyband stuff IMO. Listened to it recently.

Morning everyone, I chose East 17 over Take That cos they were rougher and they had a cute dog , I was 11 when their first song came out. Been interested in what BH has had to say over the years (started when he said about DW and red rooms)
Anyway just dropping this here in light of recent happenings. That dirty fat bastard had a framed photo of Tony years later on the reunion show …. Sick
I saw that on the C4 Grand by design doc
I’ve Followed Brian for a while and he has issues mentally That’s know,
I feel he has been treated awfully and Tony got all the money and it’s probably all been done by Tom Jenkins but nothing to stop it, they should all have some more of the royalties
I do Sympathise and I do really like Brian,
But What he Did the other day on YouTube was Way Out of Order
Everyone’s Speculated it was Terry not Tony who got raped by Tom Watkins for years
And Brian threw a Wobbly and Outed Tony’s sexual abuse, Very Very WRONG 😑
and maybe that is why the money isn’t more evenly spread ( I know Tony wrote most of the songs But BH Sang them) Brian can’t stop running his mouth and Tony Already clumped him once for it
I hope BH gets better and shuts up and starts making sense soon but I doubt it