Eamon and Bec

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm nervous to watch it because I have a five month old and I just can't even begin to imagine what they have been through. I think I'll need a bumper pack of tissues to get through it. I really hope they are all okay now and I'm glad they've taken time away to heal. They've done the best thing for their family (and this is coming from someone who found them wildly annoying years ago and stopped watching them - way before her cancer diagnosis - but now I just genuinely wish them the best).

Reactions: 5
They said sheā€™s stage 4 metastasis at the start of their video but theyā€™re choosing not to focus on the ā€œworryā€ and to live presently and imagine a future with 17 children and doing cartwheels. As someone who hasnā€™t experienced a life change like that, I imagine it takes a strong person to have that kind of mindset and focus. I think theyā€™re incredible and inspiring people x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
They said sheā€™s stage 4 metastasis at the start of their video but theyā€™re choosing not to focus on the ā€œworryā€ and to live presently and imagine a future with 17 children and doing cartwheels. As someone who hasnā€™t experienced a life change like that, I imagine it takes a strong person to have that kind of mindset and focus. I think theyā€™re incredible and inspiring people x
I agree. I think so too. I'm sick of reading all the comments, on reddit too, all the people saying they should of waited to get pregnant. Well they didn't, so what's the point in adding your 2 cents now ? How about being nice and positive for them & all other people going through similar. Why people need to add their thoughts to everything is beyond me. It's not helping anyone.

I haven't watched Eamon and Bec in ages. I did watch the vlogs when she found out she was pregnant and I was really happy for them after what they'd been through. Really sad to hear you say the cancer is back.
In their circumstances not sure I'd want to carry on documenting my live and just focus on recovery and enjoying my family. The trouble with YouTube as a career choice means this may not be financially viable, especially if both of your careers are SM based and there's no employee safety net of sick pay, maternity pay etc

I haven't watched Eamon and Bec in ages. I did watch the vlogs when she found out she was pregnant and I was really happy for them after what they'd been through. Really sad to hear you say the cancer is back.
In their circumstances not sure I'd want to carry on documenting my live and just focus on recovery and enjoying my family. The trouble with YouTube as a career choice means this may not be financially viable, especially if both of your careers are SM based and there's no employee safety net of sick pay, maternity pay etc
I agree. I wouldn't want to put myself out there, especially with all the estrogen dominant cancer armchair experts out there now. No matter what treatment she chooses or doesn't chose people will find issue with it. They did mention a podcast which I think would serve them better and keep their audience up with them while not having the negativity they've been experiencing

Reactions: 2
As soon as she talked about lumps on her head, my heart sank. I feel so sorry for them. She looked well in the video and I was surprised she had all her hair too, I assumed she'd be getting quite strong chemo if she had tumors in different places. Its great they are being strong and positive, but it must be so difficult.

As soon as she talked about lumps on her head, my heart sank. I feel so sorry for them. She looked well in the video and I was surprised she had all her hair too, I assumed she'd be getting quite strong chemo if she had tumors in different places. Its great they are being strong and positive, but it must be so difficult.
admit I am not far into the video and in floods of tears. Whatever you think of them especially Eamon, nobody deserves this. I had the pleasure of meeting them at Vegfest in London before the pandemic and I still remember how lovely and warm and friendly they were and how Bec gave me this massive hug. which was really sweet.I don't get a lot of warm friendly positive attention and it stuck with me ever since

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes, but.. like a lot of people online have said, they purposely used a cliffhanger about the state of their baby (many people have figured she didnā€™t survive due to them not posting anything about the birth at all and then going dark for 3 weeks). Itā€™s very manipulative to let people assume your baby has died (because no normal person wouldnā€™t just post something as simple as.. ā€œbaby is here and we are recoveringā€). They are a manipulative pair.

Of course this does mean that something is wrong with Bec and, as many predicted, it must mean her cancer is back and is likely at stage 4. It was a really really bad decision to have a baby this early after cancer remission.. just like her doctors have told her. Honestly, so selfish.
---
View attachment 2649199
At the time when the radiologist told her that it was a bad time to be pregnant, she was found to still have no cancer. But i agree with you that the increased estrogen due to the pregnancy must have caused this. After all, they were so eager for her to no longer be releasing estrogen that they had her deliver the baby 6 weeks early.

Also, I don't agree with toxic positivity and censoring of open discussion. Eamon and Bec have a business and the viewers are their clients. The clients will give them feedback and they should not get annoyed at that. It's only fair for watching them and bringing them so much money.

I like Eamon and Bec, I think they are genuinely good people with good intentions. On the other hand, their talk of positivity and energies and meditating for 5 hours in the morning (what a privilege of not having to go to work like regular people) is quite annoying. To me anyway.

Does anyone know why she had a tumour in her head? She never explained it. She seems to imply that that meant that the cancer was back. I never heard of tumours on the forehead and that they would indicate such.
---
I'm a bit confused by the latest video, is she now undergoing more treatment?
Yes she said that the newest treatment shrunk the liver tumours that they are almost non existent and the bone spots also. She is no longer in pain from the bone tumours.

It is too sad and emotional for her to talk about it so the cancer talk was very brief. I think that's what happened to Delia Chatwin. She was also diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer like Bec. And they know each other and are friends. But anyway, Delia stopped posting videos and only gives a brief update here and there on instagram. Her posts usually rise even more questions as noone knows where her cancer is at now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
At the time when the radiologist told her that it was a bad time to be pregnant, she was found to still have no cancer. But i agree with you that the increased estrogen due to the pregnancy must have caused this. After all, they were so eager for her to no longer be releasing estrogen that they had her deliver the baby 6 weeks early.

Also, I don't agree with toxic positivity and censoring of open discussion. Eamon and Bec have a business and the viewers are their clients. The clients will give them feedback and they should not get annoyed at that. It's only fair for watching them and bringing them so much money.

I like Eamon and Bec, I think they are genuinely good people with good intentions. On the other hand, their talk of positivity and energies and meditating for 5 hours in the morning (what a privilege of not having to go to work like regular people) is quite annoying. To me anyway.

Does anyone know why she had a tumour in her head? She never explained it. She seems to imply that that meant that the cancer was back. I never heard of tumours on the forehead and that they would indicate such.
---

Yes she said that the newest treatment shrunk the liver tumours that they are almost non existent and the bone spots also. She is no longer in pain from the bone tumours.

It is too sad and emotional for her to talk about it so the cancer talk was very brief. I think that's what happened to Delia Chatwin. She was also diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer like Bec. And they know each other and are friends. But anyway, Delia stopped posting videos and only gives a brief update here and there on instagram. Her posts usually rise even more questions as noone knows where her cancer is at now.
Isnā€™t it very sad and scary how so many young people are diagnosed with cancer lately šŸ„²

---

My sister has liver cancer following breast cancer and died last year. And once the liver cancer spread, she had growths on her head too. It feels so close to home to watch Bec even though we have no real idea what is going on.

I don't quite understand if Becs is still having ongoing chemo or not. If the cancer has spread so much, I'm surprised she's okay just now.

• Sad
  • Heart
My sister has liver cancer following breast cancer and died last year. And once the liver cancer spread, she had growths on her head too. It feels so close to home to watch Bec even though we have no real idea what is going on.

I don't quite understand if Becs is still having ongoing chemo or not. If the cancer has spread so much, I'm surprised she's okay just now.
Sorry to hear about your sister. Oh god, so the head growth is part of it. You are right, they did not really say much about the cancer. Her hair length is exactly the same as when we saw her when she was still pregnant.

Maybe they weren't given good news and they can't bring themselves to say it out loud. But then she seems to have responded well to treatment seeing that the tumours shrunk. Hopefully she will get a few good years.

Reactions: 1
Sorry to hear about your sister. Oh god, so the head growth is part of it. You are right, they did not really say much about the cancer. Her hair length is exactly the same as when we saw her when she was still pregnant.

Maybe they weren't given good news and they can't bring themselves to say it out loud. But then she seems to have responded well to treatment seeing that the tumours shrunk. Hopefully she will get a few good years.
Thank you. And yeah, the head growths came with the cancer was spreading more. I was surprised by her hair length too cause she must be on chemo and I imagine quite strong to be able to target lots of tumors. I agree, maybe they just wanted to keep a lot themselves and try be positive. It did seem a bit odd at parts though like they weren't telling us it all

Maybe the tumors on her head were from the spread of her bone cancer - mets on her skull maybe?

Hearing of all these vegans lately with cancer makes me wonder if they eat a lot of tofu, which is a form of soy I think. I can't remember all the reasons - tried to look it up: "Soy contains phytoestrogens, which can behave like estrogen in the body. Some studies have suggested that soy consumption may be linked to: Increased serum estrogen, Thyroid disorders, Male infertility, and Breast cancer"