Duffy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Private planes and it's a different world. I've flown on private jets for work and there's zero security and mostly no rules. The "airport" area where we got on and off the planes wasn't anywhere near the normal area of the airport (think blocks away), and it didn't have any security to go through to get to the tarmac.

You can get anything you want on board, the sky is quite literally the limit. As long as you pay the bill for the charter, anything goes. Luggage wasn't screened, and our ID's weren't checked. My boss didn't want flight attendants aboard to see or hear anything discussed, so I was the token "attendant" serving what was pre-ordered to the direct reports that were also present. We flew when my boss wanted to, weather conditions not taken into account. The pilots just did as he said. Looking back, it was batshit crazy, since some of the decisions to randomly stop in certain cities meant super choppy landings.

I've also arrived at multiple countries aboard yachts, and Customs has been laughable. One person from the boat would drive to a Custom's office miles away and sign an affidavit affirming who was on board. No one checked the head count, there was no follow-up, and there were no patrols to see if we'd bothered to check in. The wealthy aren't held to the same rules that the masses are, IME. And this was after 9/11, so you'd think officials would be far more scrupulous.

If Duffy was unconscious she could have been flown and then put on a boat.

I believe her. Having seen the effects of sexual abuse up close in someone very close to me, I'd bet she is only sharing as much as she can right now. I hope she can find true happiness one day, and that the trauma loses its teeth for her over time.

My heart goes out to everyone that has ever been victimized. It's lonely and deeply impactful not only for the victim, but everyone that loves them. The ripple effect of damage it unleashes in the person's life and their loved one's lives should make it as serious a crime as murder, IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I believe her but agree that the way she has written it is very confusing and she would have benefitted from getting someone (anyone!) to proof read it before submission or gone through official PR, seems such a shame to go through the effort of keeping everything hush to then reveal all in such a scrambled manner.

Also did none of her family or friends report her missing?! How long was she gone?

Reactions: 2
I read her statement fairly quickly but I got the impression that she had informed the police a few times? She said at one point the name of the perpetrator will stay between her and the police? Unless I'm really misreading here does that mean it has been investigated?

I read her statement fairly quickly but I got the impression that she had informed the police a few times? She said at one point the name of the perpetrator will stay between her and the police? Unless I'm really misreading here does that mean it has been investigated?
I think she mentioned that she spoke of it twice to police officers but I don't think it was in an official capacity/on the record statement (but I might be misremembering).

EDIT: Just had another look and she said she mentioned it when reporting other incidents (blackmail and a break in) but it doesn't seem to have been its own case.
Others may disagree but I can understand why not, since sexual assault cases are notoriously difficult to convict (especially after time has passed) and trials, etc, can be traumatic experiences in themselves. Even reporting is no guarantee that something will be done, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6