Duffy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She states that it was somewhere they flew.

It obviously was someone she knew. He was a guest at her birthday party. Maybe he did have access to her passport, but she still had to go to an airport, go through airport security and board a flight. Sit for the duration of the flight. Disembark. Walk through the airport. Etc - not exactly easy to do with someone who’s heavily drugged I’d imagine.

It’s not unreasonable to question things that don’t make sense.

I’m well aware that horrific things happen in the world, I’m simply trying to make sense of what she’s claiming to have happened, based on the information she’s made public and it’s patchy at best.
I stand corrected. Yes she did mention a plane. Fair enough.

Reactions: 2
This sounds like a telenovela... not that believable? How could she get on a flight drugged...I am sure the airport security and staff would notice. feel like she is using it for promo/a comeback, I know that sounds bad.

Does she say it was a birthday party? I got the impression it seemed like a date. Why didn’t she report this to the police? I know she’s told them after, but no official report?
I thought that too. Does she have an idea of who did it? If so, then she is knowingly not reporting it and they are roaming about and could do it someone else...

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Could have been a private jet- maybe an Arab guy, which supports the fact she mentioned ‘walking behind him’ . Saudi maybe? Rape is a funny subject there? Who knows, so very traumatic though poor love

Reactions: 12
Could have been a private jet- maybe an Arab guy, which supports the fact she mentioned ‘walking behind him’ . Saudi maybe? Rape is a funny subject there? Who knows, so very traumatic though poor love
I think more likely Dubai or somewhere in the UAE if of that ethnicity. Saudi is really hard for people to get into without the correct visa.

Reactions: 8
Definitely somebody rich. Probably with a private jet. What an awful thing to go through !

Reactions: 9
This sounds like a telenovela... not that believable? How could she get on a flight drugged...I am sure the airport security and staff would notice. feel like she is using it for promo/a comeback, I know that sounds bad.
A very bad telenovela at that. It's like a synopisis of a scene from one of those really ropey and badly acted South American soap operas you can watch clips of on youtube. Where's the laughing mustache twirling henchman with the Chloroform rag?

Reactions: 1
Read it again from the point of view of it being a live-in partner who did it. Friends or family would not necessarily notice anything amiss if she's trapped with him and he's taken her phone etc. Coercion and intimidation are ways to get someone on a plane, and a partner would have access to her passport.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
There is obviously information she is holding back but that doesn’t make what she has shared to be implausible or unbelievable.
Agree with this! There's an awful lot that she hasn't told us, for whatever reason. She also doesn't come across as a reliable narrator but that looks very much like trauma to me.

I don't now what happened to this poor woman, but undoubtedly *something* did, and something really bad. I wish she had PR handling this for her because she's obviously fragile and she's too exposed.

Read it again from the point of view of it being a live-in partner who did it. Friends or family would not necessarily notice anything amiss if she's trapped with him and he's taken her phone etc. Coercion and intimidation are ways to get someone on a plane, and a partner would have access to her passport.
This. Much more likely than some Taken scenario.

Reactions: 11
Anyone reading her latest statement is surely going to be curious as to the details, given the magnitude of her allegations.

I just find it strange that she’s omitted crucial parts of the story. Taken on 2 flights, therefore gone through 4 airports and she couldn’t ask anyone for help - doesn’t that seem strange??

I have no idea if she’s telling the truth or not. None of us do. But by only sharing half the story, she’s opened it up to cross examination and people are going to query crucial parts of it 🤷🏼‍♀️
It's not at all strange that she wouldn't have been able to ask for help in the airports. For example, victims of trafficking are taken on flights and through multiple airports all the time, and aren't able to signal to anybody that they need help.

I do agree that she's missing out a lot of crucial details and it's totally normal to ask questions about how this was able to happen, because if it's true (and I honestly have no idea) it really does sound completely awful.

Last edited:
Without outing myself too much. I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, I was what some may called a survivor of VIP childhood sexual abuse, the man who groomed me and first started abusing me was famous, had his own kids TV program, and then I was shared with his friends, senior officials and other wealthy people. It was all covered up by local authority and the police. Knowing what I know and what I went through and saw others go through its totally possible and happens more than anyone realises, it's just never talked about because the people who do it have money, power and protection.

I strongly believe she isn't lying. The world is a very dark place. Yes it probably seems impossible but it's not, if you have the money and right connections it's possible. The person/people who did this to her would have been incredibly wealthy and influential.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I don't understand why people would assume that, out of all the stories you could make up to explain away an absence, she'd choose this if it wasn't the truth 🤷‍♀️
Obviously it's a very traumatic experience but at least from the sounds of it, she's starting to heal. The courage it takes to go public about something like this shouldn't be underestimated or dismissed.
Hopefully she finds the peace she was hoping for.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This! It wasn’t some dramatic kidnapping story committed by a stranger. It’s coercion by a supposed loving partner.

It's an odd story but with loads of detail obviously missing I imagine Duffy is only telling what she's comfortable to share and that's okay. Maybe, in time, she'll feel safer to fill in the gaps but I just hope she's doing alright and has a good support system looking out for her.

Reactions: 7
I believe her and I hope she is able to heal from her ordeal. Some people have this set image in their head of how a situation is ‘meant’ to play out so if someone’s story doesn’t fit that narrative perfectly they assume it can’t possibly be true. As someone else said why, out of all the reasons to explain an absence would you lie about something so horrific? It’s hardly good publicity since people generally don’t believe abuse victims anyway. There’s literally no reason for her to lie imo.

Reactions: 19
I read Duffy's full statement and I agree that it is bizarre. Like others I wonder how it would be possible to get someone onto a plane if they were drugged without anyone noticing - not only airport staff but other passengers too, especially as she was very recognisable at the time because her face was everywhere due to the videos for her songs and the Coke advert she'd done. I asked my husband to read her statement in his professional capacity as a criminal intelligence analyst and he agrees. He believes she was probably dabbling with drugs, willingly went off with someone on a private plane and got in too deep, ending up in the rape. The sort of person I'm thinking could be the perpetrator is a powerful industry bigwig, someone along the lines of Harvey Weinstein.