Duffy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I despise Alison Boshoff.

I feel for Duffy, this is exactly what I hoped wouldnt happen for Duffy after her post.

Reactions: 3
# wondering if we're supposed to read between the lines here?
That is quite a harsh article to be honest.Surprising. I don't think it's pointing the finger at the ex at all. The quotes from Bernard Butler (who I LOVE) kind of indicate that she might not have told anyone about what happened and they all just through she went a bit crazy for a while. I seem to remember reading a blind article about the fire in her house, somthing like she started it or something? I remember it being in the news, I think it was a massive incident, whole place was destroyed.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Can someone post the blind?

I'm sure Duffy had big problems with a stalker, I assumed it was him. The ex is still on Instagram and selling holidays in Dubai, if it was him he would have disappeared.

Reactions: 1
Can someone post the blind?

I'm sure Duffy had big problems with a stalker, I assumed it was him. The ex is still on Instagram and selling holidays in Dubai, if it was him he would have disappeared.
He’s not ‘selling holidays in Dubai’, he lives there with his wife and son where she runs a successful business and he has a kids coaching academy.

I don’t read that as ginger pointing at the ex in the article, he’s very famous in Wales and perhaps the extended mention of him is because he’s arguably more famous in Wales than her.

I don't like the tone of the article seems to be suggesting her step father is an odd character and a source of distress for her in her childhood. I'm sure that is the type of speculation she has been trying to avoid

Reactions: 2
I don't like the paper's own mash-up of her life, but the statement she wrote herself is very moving.

Reactions: 4
The problem with her story is that if you ask basic, intelligent questions, the whole story becomes impossible to believe.

Reactions: 16
The problem with her story is that if you ask basic, intelligent questions, the whole story becomes impossible to believe.
Unfortunately I do have to agree.

How was the perpetrator able to get hold of her passport? How did they get her through airport check in & security if she was in such a drug induced state? Was no one curious where she disappeared to for a month within her family/friends? She obviously knows the man in question and he was at her birthday party - so the other guests know who he is?

I dunno.....🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 14
There is obviously information she is holding back but that doesn’t make what she has shared to be implausible or unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There is obviously information she is holding back but that doesn’t make what she has shared to be implausible or unbelievable.

Anyone reading her latest statement is surely going to be curious as to the details, given the magnitude of her allegations.

I just find it strange that she’s omitted crucial parts of the story. Taken on 2 flights, therefore gone through 4 airports and she couldn’t ask anyone for help - doesn’t that seem strange??

I have no idea if she’s telling the truth or not. None of us do. But by only sharing half the story, she’s opened it up to cross examination and people are going to query crucial parts of it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Unfortunately I do have to agree.

How was the perpetrator able to get hold of her passport? How did they get her through airport check in & security if she was in such a drug induced state? Was no one curious where she disappeared to for a month within her family/friends? She obviously knows the man in question and he was at her birthday party - so the other guests know who he is?

I dunno.....🤷🏼‍♀️
Exactly. No passport, and the days of you being able to carry an unconscious person on to an airliner have long gone. A few decades ago, if you were too scared to fly, you could knock yourself out with sleeping pills in the departure lounge and get carried on to the plane. Not since 9/11, you can't.

If she was drugged unconscious in a public restaurant, removed from the premises, taken to an airport, put on a plane, and flown abroad as she claims, then there would be a huge trail of breadcrumbs. CCTV for starters. Other people in the restaurant would've seen what was going on, although I admit it's not uncommon for celebrity women to be carried unconscious out of venues. It would've had to be a private airport and a private plane, and that takes far too much money and clout for it not to have been someone very high up. This wasn't some random stalker. Plane would've needed a flight plan which would've had to be logged with the authorities. Airport staff would've seen her and her attacker. Foreign airports would've have a record of the plane landing. Too many records that would've had to disappear.

How and why was she allowed to escape? How did she get back to the UK with no passport. How did all this stay out of the media for the last 10 years?

It's such a ridiculous shaggy dog story, it's laughable. She's clearly mentally sick and needs help.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
The whole thing does sound implausible. Is it possible the person who did it to her had a private jet? It’s just a bizarre story, but if true I am glad to hear she recovered.

Reactions: 7
Easy as anything to drive to France 🤷‍♀️ maybe say someone was asleep? And who's to say she didn't know them and they knew where her passport was. Nothing there that seems unbelievable to me.
It's odd to me how people need to pick it apart? Is it the fear that things like that happen?! Because they do. Maybe we should start from a place of believing survivors before we rip them to shreds.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Easy as anything to drive to France 🤷‍♀️ maybe say someone was asleep? And who's to say she didn't know them and they knew where her passport was. Nothing there that seems unbelievable to me.
It's odd to me how people need to pick it apart? Is it the fear that things like that happen?! Because they do. Maybe we should start from a place of believing survivors before we rip them to shreds.

She states that it was somewhere they flew.

It obviously was someone she knew. He was a guest at her birthday party. Maybe he did have access to her passport, but she still had to go to an airport, go through airport security and board a flight. Sit for the duration of the flight. Disembark. Walk through the airport. Etc - not exactly easy to do with someone who’s heavily drugged I’d imagine.

It’s not unreasonable to question things that don’t make sense.

I’m well aware that horrific things happen in the world, I’m simply trying to make sense of what she’s claiming to have happened, based on the information she’s made public and it’s patchy at best.

Reactions: 6
Does she say it was a birthday party? I got the impression it seemed like a date. Why didn’t she report this to the police? I know she’s told them after, but no official report?