Dubai

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely interested, how are people allowed to walk around like this? I thought there were modesty laws and such like? Can anyone who has been there tell me what actually happens when these girls appear in public?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Genuinely interested, how are people allowed to walk around like this? I thought there were modesty laws and such like? Can anyone who has been there tell me what actually happens when these girls appear in public?
Probably got stoned after this
I’m sure you’re technically allowed to wear swimwear but only on resort beaches and at hotel pools. They’re a little more lenient with white/British/Americans esp if they’re rich.
but I’m sure the police will issue you with an immediate warning or fine if you’re not in those areas from what I’ve seen

Reactions: 2
lol I absolutely love the misconceptions about Dubai (particularly from people who haven’t been there). Spoiler: nothing happens. There are some signs saying to cover knees etc in some places but I’ve never seen these enforced (unless it’s a religious place). I’ve worn bikinis in Dubai, on the beach and off the beach and I’m fine, no fines, no telling off, no stoning, no dirty looks 😁

also, I’m not white

I lived in Dubai for a few years, and whilst I had a fairly decent time there, the best thing I ever did was leave. It's a mecca for the extremely materialistic- I especially cannot understand those that move there with young kids... but it's definitely a 'type'.

The people that like Dubai (Or are willing to deal with it's quirks) are those who benefit financially from it... which says a lot.
Same experience, I managed a year, hated my job, the lifestyle you can experience if you aren’t working long days, didn’t want to raise my kids there so my partner and I left. Even if I hadn’t worked and enjoyed the lifestyle more I couldn’t have stayed, it’s like a simulation

Reactions: 4
Since it's a dubai thread it's only fitting to ask here....

Anyone had a similar problem while living here?
We live in a building that overlooks a common pool area. Our neighbours let their children/preteens (around 9 of them) play in the pool area that we look over. They scream and shout all the time. It started in half term and now even when school started, kids are just running screaming all over the property. I can't relax in my own home. Obviously i complained to the security guard, who said he went before to the parents and they argued that "there's no playing area provided in the building". As if this is an excuse for their constant noise and shouting!!!
I raised a complaint to the management, they say we're looking into it but nothing happened. I even called the police and they said the guys on patrol will visit and check but nothing happened. They're not really civilized for me or my husband to go and talk to them. It's annoying because i feel helpless!
Do i try calling the police again? I've never had such problems with neighbours before so idk what to do..

We live in a building that overlooks a common pool area. Our neighbours let their children/preteens (around 9 of them) play in the pool area that we look over. They scream and shout all the time. It started in half term and now even when school started, kids are just running screaming all over the property. I can't relax in my own home. Obviously i complained to the security guard, who said he went before to the parents and they argued that "there's no playing area provided in the building". As if this is an excuse for their constant noise and shouting!!!
I raised a complaint to the management, they say we're looking into it but nothing happened. I even called the police and they said the guys on patrol will visit and check but nothing happened. They're not really civilized for me or my husband to go and talk to them. It's annoying because i feel helpless!
Do i try calling the police again? I've never had such problems with neighbours before so idk what to do..
Christ the police will probably get them stoned or lashed

All the stories about the nasty stuff these influencers engage in when there has really put Dubai at the top of my list of places I won’t visit.

Not to mention the treatment of foreign workers from 3rd world countries. No thanks.

• Haha
  • Heart

What time is this? Is the pool not closed in the evening/early morning? If it's during the day, probably not much you can do unfortunately. We had a family in our community and the kids ran riot. The poor security guards were at their wits end and the parents did not give a tit. I would be looking to move...

Reactions: 1

I live in dubai and usualy security dont do much. Just keep calling the police but i hope u have managed to get it sorted by now