Dreading Xmas and Winter

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How are we all getting on? Not long until the shortest day now and then it's practically spring 😂

Does anyone resent their extended family at Christmas? Mine just expect to be invited to Boxing Day lunch every year but never bring any food or drink to contribute to the cost. They never help with the clearing up either. I feel I’m constantly waiting on everyone, getting them more drinks and food. I’ve been doing it for 20 years but this year myself and my husband have decided that we‘ve had enough and we aren’t going to do it. Not had the conversation with them yet - dreading it 😬
Did you have the conversation? How did it go?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Absolutely duck Christmas now. I was so Christmassy enjoying it then the tv broke and now the washing machine

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Only one week until the winter solstice and then the nights will start to draw out again! Once that is out of the way I always slowly start to feel better. The lack of daylight is absolutely killing me. I just want to hibernate

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Only one week until the winter solstice and then the nights will start to draw out again! Once that is out of the way I always slowly start to feel better. The lack of daylight is absolutely killing me. I just want to hibernate
omg THIS 🩷🩷🩷 I love spring it’s my favorite season, nature just comes back alive and I love it! X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I tried to put my positive pants on and embrace Christmas this year but here I am on Christmas Eve and I can’t wait for it to be over. Why is everything always so over hyped? The food, the music, the movies, I can’t stand any of it.

To make matters worse, everything that could go wrong this week has gone wrong. Like nothing majorly serious but just one annoying tit thing after another. Wake me up in 2024 when it’s all over!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s all too much of everything. Food, pressure, the same old mawkish music. I’m going to stay off insta and Facebook and just do what I feel like even if that’s nothing at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hello, just found this thread, I think I could have done with it a few weeks ago!

here’s how I’m getting through:

Winter Solstice ✅
Christmas Day ✅
New Year’s Day - pending
Back to work - pending
Start to see the days lengthen sometime around mid-Jan - pending

2/5 is making me feel better already (even if I’m dreading the next 2 weeks of zero childcare support and nutters throwing fireworks around NYE)
---
Oh and - hello you!

Reactions: 4
I always think if insta huns can start getting excited for Christmas in July, I can start getting excited for spring/summer on Boxing Day. So happy spring everyone!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I always think if insta huns can start getting excited for Christmas in July, I can start getting excited for spring/summer on Boxing Day. So happy spring everyone!
I just ordered two summer co-ord sets, what’s wrong with me! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That's Xmas day over, now the days between Xmas and New year where Wednesday feels like Friday and Thursday like Sunday! I'll breath a sigh of relief on the 1st January and as someone else said a return to lighter evenings by the middle of the month.
We are getting through this and yes let's celebrate March in December, sounds good to me.

• Heart
I can relate to everything everyone has mentioned here. I absolutely hate winter months, not a fan of Christmas or new year and always feel a sense of relief it's January, i know technically still winter but it just feels like light at the end of the tunnel
Strange week ahead though feeling anxious and unsettled in this between Christmas and new year bit

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As soon as December arrives I get depressed. I hate the dark mornings and dark evenings. The mood at work changes and I feel permanently anxious. Always keen to get Christmas over with but I'm glad I have a few days off before I go back to work or I seriously would be on an all time low. Roll on lighter nights

• Heart
March, April and may are my favourites. I love looking at the time and thinking it's half 8 and it's not even dark yet. The blossom, the different feel in the air too and I am way more upbeat and happier in those months

• Heart
Reactions: 10
March, April and may are my favourites. I love looking at the time and thinking it's half 8 and it's not even dark yet. The blossom, the different feel in the air too and I am way more upbeat and happier in those months
As soon as the daffodils come up its an instant uplift in my mood.

• Heart
Reactions: 8