Drag Race UK S5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just watched the Meet the Queens for S5, looks like a decent bunch. I couldn’t find a start date for the series online but it says September so can’t be long!

Who’s excited? The UK version is still my favourite, think the variety of queens is better than on any of the others.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just watched the Meet the Queens for S5, looks like a decent bunch. I couldn’t find a start date for the series online but it says September so can’t be long!

Who’s excited? The UK version is still my favourite, think the variety of queens is better than on any of the others.
Just came here looking for a new thread for S5! So excited for a new season, great variety of Queens. I've met a couple of them (my son works in the industry) Alexis is an absolute sweetheart and I already adore Michael. Can't wait to see them on the TV!

• Heart
Haven't seen it yet, need to watch it, but it sounds like we now have a UK Sherry Pie situation with one queen who apparently isn't in the promos. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with that.

I did see the talk online about the lack of regional diversity, which is probably a fair point across the five seasons.

Reactions: 1
Haven't seen it yet, need to watch it, but it sounds like we now have a UK Sherry Pie situation with one queen who apparently isn't in the promos. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with that.

I did see the talk online about the lack of regional diversity, which is probably a fair point across the five seasons.
I think there are 3 queens from the north east in the promo, one from Manchester (originally Wigan) and another from Cornwall plus an American who lives in London. They are the ones I can remember so felt pretty regionally diverse.

I think there are 3 queens from the north east in the promo, one from Manchester (originally Wigan) and another from Cornwall plus an American who lives in London. They are the ones I can remember so felt pretty regionally diverse.
But nobody from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, so I can see the point. It's basically England.

Reactions: 6
But nobody from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, so I can see the point. It's basically England.
Aha good point, sorry I was so English-centric there. Think I was just relieved they weren’t all from London.

• Haha
From the promos, quite a few of them look rough!!! The make up seems awful!!!

And is it just me or is it starting to feeling drag is a refuge for failed actors and stage school brats???

Reactions: 2
Just read that it starts on 28th September and it is being criticised as the whole cast is English 😐

Thoughts on first episode?
Cara Melle’s entrance to the Werk Room was super powerful but her lip synch was disappointing. She obviously had not prepared
I’m already in love with Kate Butch. And Kirsten McMenamy on the judging panel was hilarious
I think a strong start to the season

Reactions: 5
I spent the first episode looking for sightings of the 11th queen 😂 best sightings I got was during the lip sync, they couldn’t hide that wig!

I can’t wait for her to be ‘eliminated’ so we can get back to normal camera angles!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I spent the first episode looking for sightings of the 11th queen 😂 best sightings I got was during the lip sync, they couldn’t hide that wig!

I can’t wait for her to be ‘eliminated’ so we can get back to normal camera angles!
I hadn’t heard about this! Just read up on it.

Enjoyed the first episode, strong start indeed. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Loved the first episode, Cara Melle's entrance was stunning. I always seem to favour the Queen's that my son has worked with, found myself doing it again tonight. I love Alexis, she's such a sweet sensitive soul, I just wanted to hug her when they were talking about her and she was getting upset.

I really enjoyed Danny Beard's After Shave (was that what it was called?) I'm glad Bailey is getting a chance to be seen as well.

Reactions: 3
My favourites are Ginger, Kate and Michael. Although I think I'm preferring Kate out of drag - seems like a naturally funny person.

I loved Ginger's runway dress and yes I'd wear it!!!

Obviously as a Scottish person I'm suspicious that no Scottish (or Welsh or Irish) queens made the cut for the show but 'drag families' of Krystal Versace and Cheddar Gorge have both made the cut??? And 2 queens who are flatmates???

It's the old, it's not what you know, but who you know seems to spring to mind.

As an aside, me and the old dear went to see Funny Girls in Blackpool last week. TBH for me, one of the queen's just looked liked a male dancer in female make up (yes I know how stupid that sounds). They were the size of a rugby player and it looked worse because of the wee tiny male dancers!!!

But!!! The main Queen Cece was fantastic. Real old school queen, physical comedy, exaggerated faces, just fabulous.

Made me wonder if we'd ever see a "funny girl' on Drag Race.. Or are they not cool enough???

Reactions: 8

Same. I couldn't spot her and was thinking it was a bad rumour, but then I spotted a huge blonde wig stood between Kate and DeDeLuded during the lipsync. Funny how they had Cara block her throughout.

Really wondering how they'll handle next week, presumably they'll have to show her at some point.

Anyway, my favourites remain Kate and Banksie. Ginger is growing on me too.

Reactions: 3
Ooh a Drag Race thread! All my friends have grown tired of it with the burnout of so many seasons being on all the time, glad I can discuss here 😁

I like Cara, Ginger and Alexis from first impressions, but I was a bit disappointed in Cara’s lip sync. Interested to see how they’re going to handle the situation with Krystal, between this, Sherry Pie and the controversies from Down Under I think the background checking needs a bit of work lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Regarding the mystery 11th queen, I'll put the rumour behind a spoiler in case anyone is interested/confused.

The latest rumour about the disqualified queen is that one (or more) of the returning Drag Race alum in Club Tickety Boo recognised this queen and spoke with production about the ongoing rumours and serious allegations surrounding them. Production decided to disqualify them either during, or immediately after, episode two and they're just gone, they don't lipsync or get told to sashay away on stage. Nothing. It all happened off camera. That's why they've decided to just edit her out and act like she never existed

• Wow
Reactions: 8