Dr Laura GP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i think it depends on the obstetrician and what your view of “modern” is but I do agree- personal choice and it’s your body- nobody else’s so it’s not their business whatsoever. The issue really is the scaremongering.

you hit the nail on the head- this woman has zero credibility!
Absolutely, I’m lucky my obstetrician is very forward thinking and always happy to go along with what mum wants as long as it’s safe for both her and baby. I was absolutely terrified at the thoughts of a vaginal birth on my first so was really relieved when my obstetrician said a section would actually be the better option for me anyway due to a few factors, but if I had seen Laura talking about how so many things can go wrong in the labour ward I would have seriously lost the plot with worry. My husband refuses to look at any of the stuff she puts up on Instagram that I sometimes send him, he always says she’s incredibly misinformed and just pisses a lot of other GP’s off with how clueless she is. It’s her arrogance then on top of the blatantly wrong info that is so hard to take !!

Reactions: 10
I can’t stand Laura. She just irritates me beyond measure. I opted for private care when I had my son and ended up a planned section after a 5 week stay in hospital. I had heard the horror stories of the public system and as a nervous first time mother was petrified of being left in labour for days and then being an emergency section. I don’t think she’s wrong to advocate for choice between private/public or c section vs vaginal. Choice is very important. I just think she should emphasise that your consultant be they public or private should be the one to influence the care plan along with the patient. Not some influencer who thinks she’s an expert on everything just because she has MD after her name. Also to play the devils advocate if she had 2 previous sections no way on earth would she have been allowed to have a Vbac for a third delivery. Way too risky.
she is still a pain in the hole though!

Reactions: 5
Ive had 2 emergency sections I was induced with my first which lead to a traumatic birth I nearly lost my life that day. Hes 10 now my second son is 17 months now I was in hospital for PPROM he was born 9 days later again I had an emergency section as I suffered a partial placenta abruption lucky I was already a inpatient or else we could have had a very different outcome he was in SCBU for 12 days and still suffers effects of his birth. But I was scheduled for a section but he had different plans but I had to fight for my section.

• Heart
Ive had 2 emergency sections I was induced with my first which lead to a traumatic birth I nearly lost my life that day. Hes 10 now my second son is 17 months now I was in hospital for PPROM he was born 9 days later again I had an emergency section as I suffered a partial placenta abruption lucky I was already a inpatient or else we could have had a very different outcome he was in SCBU for 12 days and still suffers effects of his birth. But I was scheduled for a section but he had different plans but I had to fight for my section.
Oh you poor thing! God love you. I know they all say afterwards sure it doesn’t matter you have your baba now but it does matter trauma is trauma and you’re entitled to feel whatever you feel. I physically recovered very well after my section but mentally was a whole other story!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That sounds very traumatic, sorry you had such a hard time. ❤

Reactions: 1
Laura has tried every single way to confuse her followers , the fact remains she had a positive test she had symptoms and she didn’t isolate. The country’s health system was /is literally on its knees, 8000 plus cases a day and every public health advise that was given was if you had any vague symptoms get tested. She is an absolute disgrace to her profession. She can patch it up what ever which way she wants, she tested positive she had symptoms and she went out In public. The funny thing is it is all her own doing this attention to herself she didn’t have to post getting her COVID vaccination or all the rest she could have just went quietly and done it .
Surely she should have known the backlash from this.

Reactions: 12
This nonsense of antibodies - we all know the chances of a false positive pcr test is minimal - someone even commented that on her post. She’s desperately trying to prove that she didn’t have covid , she’s convincing all the bleeping strangers that maybe a covid positive is questionable well that’s really helpful to try and encourage people to abide the rules! She’s a bleeping disgrace. A total disgrace

Reactions: 12
Laura has tried every single way to confuse her followers , the fact remains she had a positive test she had symptoms and she didn’t isolate. The country’s health system was /is literally on its knees, 8000 plus cases a day and every public health advise that was given was if you had any vague symptoms get tested. She is an absolute disgrace to her profession. She can patch it up what ever which way she wants, she tested positive she had symptoms and she went out In public. The funny thing is it is all her own doing this attention to herself she didn’t have to post getting her COVID vaccination or all the rest she could have just went quietly and done it .
Surely she should have known the backlash from this.
But is there any backlash? People like her never seem to have any repercussions for their behaviour only more praise for her “honesty” from the sheep 🙄
The reminder on her stories she can’t give personal advice over Instagram 😂

Reactions: 8
She has had a face on her like someone who has been wronged . I’d say she has gotten some private messages she didn’t like. if you scroll down her latest post there is a few comments not deleted. Someone maybe a scientist or a medic has posted an intelligent response to her basically calling out her antibodies test as a load of rubbish and it proves nothing.
She is like a dog with a bone all day trying to prove she didn’t have Covid.
And people commenting on your so brave your amazing . Am I missIng something, while her health care professionals In hospitals were literally in the middle of a third wave she was crying on Instagram because she had three children. While out And about knowing she had a positive COVID test.
Am gona see can I report her to Instagram for giving false public health advise and causing doubt among the public about the credibility off Covid results given.

Reactions: 16
She has had a face on her like someone who has been wronged . I’d say she has gotten some private messages she didn’t like. if you scroll down her latest post there is a few comments not deleted. Someone maybe a scientist or a medic has posted an intelligent response to her basically calling out her antibodies test as a load of rubbish and it proves nothing.
She is like a dog with a bone all day trying to prove she didn’t have Covid.
And people commenting on your so brave your amazing . Am I missIng something, while her health care professionals In hospitals were literally in the middle of a third wave she was crying on Instagram because she had three children. While out And about knowing she had a positive COVID test.
Am gona see can I report her to Instagram for giving false public health advise and causing doubt among the public about the credibility off Covid results given.
here’s the intelligent reply I think you’re referring to:

Stop the lights- she stole a hospital towel!!! 😳

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Hope you are ok. Sounds traumatic. Labour / birthing trauma is a very valid trauma. Hope you are ok .

Reactions: 1
Hope you are ok. Sounds traumatic. Labour / birthing trauma is a very valid trauma. Hope you are ok .

I'm very lucky to have 2 very healthy boys. But do have some PTSD from my first delivery. But I'm also very aware that it could have gone the other way to but I'm blessed with my boys x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Have you noticed on Laura’s post from last night , she didn’t reply to the comments that pretty much questioned your results ?!
N she def didn’t reply back to the last comment .( see screenshot in the above post)
Laura you aren’t the only one that is knowledgeable n perhaps more experienced in the medical field

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah she is really working wonders for the stigma- tying herself in knots trying to prove she didn’t have it. Ignoring all sensible and informed discussion about it.

Also - just to add. Laura, when you read this. The issue isn’t whether you had or have or will have covid. You seem to have an issue with this yourself, god help your patients if this is how you feel.
The problem is that you did have a positive test and you did not act accordingly. Not to mention the damage you are causing trying to cover your tracks now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
She would have done better and held her hands up and told the TRUTH

It's going to turn into a shite storm as a doctor shes not the brightest bulb in the in .... (cant remember the bloody saying)🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She is unbelievable, the drama over the antibody test - it doesn't matter!! The fact is that she did not stay at home for the required period when she had a positive result. She is actually dangerous as a GP

She is unbelievable, the drama over the antibody test - it doesn't matter!! The fact is that she did not stay at home for the required period when she had a positive result. She is actually dangerous as a GP
Is she trying to discredit the testing system here is what is she at? Cos all she is going to achieve is people who test positive thinking they might have a false positive too cos doctor Laura did and maybe they can go off out for a walk on the busiest walking stretch in the city. She didn’t even go somewhere that she wouldn’t be meeting loads of other people, she went to the prom of all places.

Reactions: 16
She's created such a drama that she can't get out of. I definitely think she's dangerous as a GP with very little credibility. I'm sure there is plenty of talk among her colleagues about her actions and words. I don't even think she realises how dangerous she is on social media.

She is looking for a free holiday now for her family and her parents. Mean while the rest of us pheasants are quoted ridiculous amounts of money to go two nights to the beach so the social media darlings can all go for free , so their followers can watch on .
So so sick of these social media influencers and their sense of entitlement and getting free stuff.
One day after posting and the “mix up” about her COVID positive test she is begging for a free holiday .
what a wonderful country we live In

Reactions: 15
She is looking for a free holiday now for her family and her parents. Mean while the rest of us pheasants are quoted ridiculous amounts of money to go two nights to the beach so the social media darlings can all go for free , so their followers can watch on .
So so sick of these social media influencers and their sense of entitlement and getting free stuff.
She’s unreal! And the tagging of all the hotels that are booked out! Opportunistic much?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.