Dr Laura GP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
" if thats how you feel unfollow" very very immature Narcissistic behaviour putting all the emotional responsibility onto the follower and leaving her scot free ... She is unreal. She is gas lighting us all and taking no responsibility for her actions.I have reported her to the medical council.
https://www.healthcomplaints.ie/specific-complaints-procedures/medical-council/
Under Poor professional performance and used screen shots from the story last night... Even if they just call her to talk it will frighten her. She isnt fit to be giving people medical advise when she is so self righteous and disillusioned.
Excellent. She definitely reads here so I’m delighted she knows !!

Reactions: 7
Sharing too much on the gram means if you lie Laura, we will know. An invite to a L’Oréal webinar on mascara. Wow if that makes you feel important....

Reactions: 9
Sure she was coughing and could barely speak on the winey live she did one night and not a word about it. She is such a liar, I’m so angry that she’s not being held accountable for her behaviour. Like some of you said, actively encouraging her followers to send their names and their positive result for her to share to remove stigma. But not when it’s her, proving there’s a bleeping stigma!
A false positive is so unlikely so why is she putting out that information like it’s really likely to happen. She’ll definitely have people testing positive and saying ‘ah sure it’s probably a false positive, I’ll head to Dunnes’ - she is a dreadful doctor for doing what she’s doing here and I hope she experiences consequences for it.

Reactions: 15
Never really post comments but just so mad over her posts the past couple of weeks. I had covid in November, got it through work and initially was told i didn't need a test as I just had sore eyes and a stuffy nose but my GP said to err on side of caution I could get a test just in case. I was positive, and couldn't believe it!! Symptoms got worse! After conflicting advice from the HSE on return to work protocol etc I sought guidance from my own doctor who said I needed to isolate for 14 days inclusive from the day of my test (saturday) in my case. If I had any symptoms on that Saturday , day 14, I would need to ring again and possibly isolate further. She is a disgrace to the profession and just covering tracks. I haven't seen my family in months and had followed every guideline and couldn't believe when I contracted it but as soon as I had a sniffle I knew being tested was the right thing to do. I just don't understand how she was so hypocritical and wanting to take the stigma away when she wouldn't even share her own diagnosis!!!sorry for the rant I'm just so mad!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I found Laura's content at the start very informative. It was medical related and I found it very useful. I don't mind relevant when "influencers" do ads and paid promotions for things that are relevant to their general content, I just tap through if not interested. It's the begging that drives me mad; kitchens, fireplaces, flooring. I just pop in for a nose every now and them. I unfollowed after she spoke about having an elective section because she was terrified of a natural birth having seen how things go wrong in labour wards so she thought a c-section was safer. This was in addition to comments about how the midwife led unit in Galway was fantastic. Clearly not good enough for her she went private. Her target audience is young women, some of whom are yet to have kids, imaging hearing that from a doctor. Her attitude to her covid diagnosis shows her true colours.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Stay tuned to hear about her blood test results!!! It’s not an episode of Eastenders ‘DR’ Laura. It a worldwide pandemic and people are dying.

Reactions: 14
" if thats how you feel unfollow" very very immature Narcissistic behaviour putting all the emotional responsibility onto the follower and leaving her scot free ... She is unreal. She is gas lighting us all and taking no responsibility for her actions.I have reported her to the medical council.
https://www.healthcomplaints.ie/specific-complaints-procedures/medical-council/
Under Poor professional performance and used screen shots from the story last night... Even if they just call her to talk it will frighten her. She isnt fit to be giving people medical advise when she is so self righteous and disillusioned.
Beyond irresponsible. I feel so disheartened by her using her privileged position in the medical profession to issue WRONG medical advice during a pandemic! Is she a complete lunatic?! Will be reporting her too.

Reactions: 10
She keeps sharing all the praise she’s getting, are people insane praising a dishonest narcissist

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Stay tuned to hear about her blood test results!!! It’s not an episode of Eastenders ‘DR’ Laura. It a worldwide pandemic and people are dying.
Ok this is disgraceful. She is going to have to go very carefully if she’s going to start insinuating she has gotten a false positive. She needs to recognise the influence and reach she has when it comes to public health - although I think her stories have caused damage already, they’re very confusing and have the potential to give people who are always on the look out for a loop hole an out.

Reactions: 8
For those who have reported her , do they come back to you to ask more questions or is it just a case of thanks for the submission we’ll look into it further. ?

Reactions: 4
Ok this is disgraceful. She is going to have to go very carefully if she’s going to start insinuating she has gotten a false positive. She needs to recognise the influence and reach she has when it comes to public health - although I think her stories have caused damage already, they’re very confusing and have the potential to give people who are always on the look out for a loop hole an out.
i feel she has deliberately made them confusing if that makes sense.

Reactions: 10
I found Laura's content at the start very informative. It was medical related and I found it very useful. I don't mind relevant when "influencers" do ads and paid promotions for things that are relevant to their general content, I just tap through if not interested. It's the begging that drives me mad; kitchens, fireplaces, flooring. I just pop in for a nose every now and them. I unfollowed after she spoke about having an elective section because she was terrified of a natural birth having seen how things go wrong in labour wards so she thought a c-section was safer. This was in addition to comments about how the midwife led unit in Galway was fantastic. Clearly not good enough for her she went private. Her target audience is young women, some of whom are yet to have kids, imaging hearing that from a doctor. Her attitude to her covid diagnosis shows her true colours.
agreed. What a sensationalist, inaccurate and irresponsible message to send out about childbirth. She needed antenatal mental health support prior to any decision around an elective c section. C sections are such an important means of birthing babies but they do come with added short terms and long term risks that overshot the risks of a vaginal birth. An elective section without medical indication should be a fully informed decision and not based on scaremongering. A nervous pregnant woman watching her stories may have been unnecessarily and totally freaked out by what she was preaching and to add, the may not have had access to a private obstetrician who would go along with her care plan. Completely irresponsible and medically inaccurate information.That being said- I’m all for personal choice and tailored care- technically she doesn’t have to explain herself to anyone but my issue is- she chose to preach from a very biased and medically uninformed place under the guise of being a “doctor”. I really and truly wonder about her medical prowess....

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m very surprised at this. My friend is a GP and her second baby was breech. She opted for an ecv (manual turning of the baby) as she felt this was worth a try as c sections are risky. Her hubby is a doctor too so they were very well informed. Find it very bizarre that a GP decided that a c-section (or in her case 3) is less risky than a normal vaginal birth

Reactions: 9
I’m very surprised at this. My friend is a GP and her second baby was breech. She opted for an ecv (manual turning of the baby) as she felt this was worth a try as c sections are risky. Her hubby is a doctor too so they were very well informed. Find it very bizarre that a GP decided that a c-section (or in her case 3) is less risky than a normal vaginal birth
I really do think it comes down to personal choice too though, and each mother’s own physical circumstances . I’ve had two elective sections and my husband is a doctor. Both him and my obstetrician said that the days of pushing for a vaginal birth over a section are gone now and it’s whatever mum feels happiest with (within reason of course!). I do agree though that it was hugely irresponsible of Laura to scaremonger the way she did though, but to be fair, is anyone surprised?? She isn’t exactly known for her credibility or her factual information!!

I really do think it comes down to personal choice too though, and each mother’s own physical circumstances . I’ve had two elective sections and my husband is a doctor. Both him and my obstetrician said that the days of pushing for a vaginal birth over a section are gone now and it’s whatever mum feels happiest with (within reason of course!). I do agree though that it was hugely irresponsible of Laura to scaremonger the way she did though, but to be fair, is anyone surprised?? She isn’t exactly known for her credibility or her factual information!!
i think it depends on the obstetrician and what your view of “modern” is but I do agree- personal choice and it’s your body- nobody else’s so it’s not their business whatsoever. The issue really is the scaremongering.

you hit the nail on the head- this woman has zero credibility!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.