Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thump

VIP Member
We’re staying in the castlemartyr later this week and I’ll be very interested to see if my child gets the little teddy treatment on arrival that Laura’s kids got.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s actually advocating using losec in a baby who is thriving, this goes against all medical advice / guidelines. GORD or reflux is only medicated in children or babies when it’s actually affecting development/ weight gain/ electrolyte abnormalities, Oh my goodness this woman is clueless.

I found Laura's content at the start very informative. It was medical related and I found it very useful. I don't mind relevant when "influencers" do ads and paid promotions for things that are relevant to their general content, I just tap through if not interested. It's the begging that drives me mad; kitchens, fireplaces, flooring. I just pop in for a nose every now and them. I unfollowed after she spoke about having an elective section because she was terrified of a natural birth having seen how things go wrong in labour wards so she thought a c-section was safer. This was in addition to comments about how the midwife led unit in Galway was fantastic. Clearly not good enough for her she went private. Her target audience is young women, some of whom are yet to have kids, imaging hearing that from a doctor. Her attitude to her covid diagnosis shows her true colours.
agreed. What a sensationalist, inaccurate and irresponsible message to send out about childbirth. She needed antenatal mental health support prior to any decision around an elective c section. C sections are such an important means of birthing babies but they do come with added short terms and long term risks that overshot the risks of a vaginal birth. An elective section without medical indication should be a fully informed decision and not based on scaremongering. A nervous pregnant woman watching her stories may have been unnecessarily and totally freaked out by what she was preaching and to add, the may not have had access to a private obstetrician who would go along with her care plan. Completely irresponsible and medically inaccurate information.That being said- I’m all for personal choice and tailored care- technically she doesn’t have to explain herself to anyone but my issue is- she chose to preach from a very biased and medically uninformed place under the guise of being a “doctor”. I really and truly wonder about her medical prowess....

• Heart

honestopinion3

Long time follower but just registered an account because I feel so strongly about Dr. Laura. I’d consider myself a tolerant person but Jesus she gets on my nerves. She’s on the beg constantly. Like she’s a doctor what has kitchens, tiles, flooring and sinks got to do with her page. Tagging multiple hotels for a free staycation ffs! Pay for it Laura, you can well afford it. I hope with everyone having to staycation this year and most hotels being booked out for the summer that they won’t give into the beggy Mitchell’s this year and they will have to pay to stay like the rest of us!

• Heart

Lemomsandlimes

Laura has tried every single way to confuse her followers , the fact remains she had a positive test she had symptoms and she didn’t isolate. The country’s health system was /is literally on its knees, 8000 plus cases a day and every public health advise that was given was if you had any vague symptoms get tested. She is an absolute disgrace to her profession. She can patch it up what ever which way she wants, she tested positive she had symptoms and she went out In public. The funny thing is it is all her own doing this attention to herself she didn’t have to post getting her COVID vaccination or all the rest she could have just went quietly and done it .
Surely she should have known the backlash from this.

Sstar

Unfollowed her this am..... as she already told someone to do on her stories to do. Not appropriate to share that she had covid apparently cause it affected her and her family ......... but appropriate to share everything else that suits you to share about family life, breastfeeding, puts the kids on insta etc. I sent her a few questions before I unfollowed... including how she got three tests, when lots of people with symptoms couldn’t get tests at all. All about who you know probably.
That comment really annoyed me too - she didn't want to share because she was being mindful of her family. But everyone else should dis-regard their own families and go public to break the stigma!! Double standards 🙄

• Heart

Dancinatthedisco

This is all such bizarre behaviour.

If I recall correctly she asked followers to tell her through a question box if they had been tested or contracted covid so she could show their usernames publically to her followers to “break the stigma” yet didn’t feel comfortable for personal reasons to do the same? Yowsa.....

• Heart

brandambassador

VIP Member
This nonsense of antibodies - we all know the chances of a false positive pcr test is minimal - someone even commented that on her post. She’s desperately trying to prove that she didn’t have covid , she’s convincing all the fucking strangers that maybe a covid positive is questionable well that’s really helpful to try and encourage people to abide the rules! She’s a fucking disgrace. A total disgrace

New-Yark

saw this comment from her on aisling o loughlins insta. she's an expose presenter gone full anti-vaxxer and spouting all kinds of bs.

BUT how unprofessional for a gp to make that comment
This woman is VILE, how can she call herself a doctor? Delusional disorder is a serious mental illness, it’s not something to be used as a cheap shot on to gain more likes / engagement on social media. Imagine going in to her clinic to discuss your own mental health after seeing that ? I’ve reported the comment on insta - please do the same.

Thought Fab Pharmacist handled it very well and made her point based on science. Absolutely uncalled for for Dr Laura to make a comment like that.

ttxx

She is such a dose 🙄I would love to know what she plans to do with 3 rooms in her clinic?!? Jack of all trades and master of none. She did an igtv on somebody else’s page on postpartum depression yesterday. I work in psychiatry and it was so basic and uninformative. She stated that she uses the wait and see approach when she sees a new mother that may have concerns about their well-being. So many interventions/supports can be used with mothers and families experiencing postpartum depression. It came across as a dr. that has no experience in the field of mental illness/health. The wait and see approach also means keep coming back to me and keep paying me money 💰
A wait and see approach for a lady (or anyone ) who comes to you to tell you they feel like they have depression sounds insulting to me.
If they went out of their way to make an appointment with her To speak about post partum depression they must be feeling low and then to be told to go home for a while and then come back if they still feel depressed ? That doesn’t sit right with me

Mona86

VIP Member
Lads! The absolute notions of this lady. A €500 voucher for her clinic as a Christmas gift ?? So you can either buy her skin care stuff online (when she hasn’t seen your face in person, has done a few zooms in skincare and is a self appointed skincare expert ...) but also redeemable against the clinic or procedures ? Do you know any other GP that sells vouchers at Christmas? Holy mother of god this is just so crazy . The old skin Q and A on her clinic insta, hope someone asks what the fuck ! a newly qualified GP with a few online courses on the skin over lockdown , affiliated to 2-3 certain skincare brands so is clearly going to recommend the ones that give her €€€€€ .. such a con I can’t believe this. We were at work today getting ready for the salon to open next week , we were all together at lunch time when she posted this and the girls can’t get over how much she’s trying to flog and manipulate.

Attachments

Lemomsandlimes

As a doctor she is bound to ethics and her medical council. Doctors are not meant to take as much as a pen of pharmaceutical companies to be seen advertising big drug companies. This cashing in on Instagram she is doing in a very grey area but one I'd say the council don't take kindly and am sure they are going to address the position of doctors on social media soon l especially ones that give such terrible public health advise and cash in on it then. It's a privilege to be a doctor and be in her position to work with people at their most vunreable. Her Instagram fame and cashing in is not gona last and while I would say to those who do it good luck to them, but she is bound to ethics and she is crossing the line everyday. She should be holding on to her little registration tight with two hands, cos she is a very small fish in the medical field and the social media field

If she wants to do a mummy post she needs to stop promoting herself as a medical professional. Care to patients is evidence based patient centred and individualised, the small example of saying she is drinking while pregnant to 40k plus people, if she had two women both pregnant coming into her surgery. One lady was an alcoholic, her advise (I'd hope) would be you need to stop drinking immediately you could be doing untold damage. This is highly dangerous for your baby. Second woman drank before she found out she was pregnant, and stopped immediately, her advise would be one of reassurance, more than likely there is little damage, don't be stressing etc.
My point she can't possibly know the history of 40k strangers on her page, and she is giving advise that goes against every principal in her medical handbook.
Even advising Sudafed to dry up breast milk!!!! What if a mother took the the one that can make you drowsy and fell asleep while breastfeeding in her bed.
She needs to know every single person and their history etc before she should dream of making recommendations.

Last edited:
  • Angry

tokamosh

Lousy on the farm too after being closed for months, could do without being described as “my idea of hell” to followers!

• Heart

Thump

VIP Member
Just looking at her insta...... she has a post from jan 6th, and in that says people going for walks with others are picking it up off them..... mind blown, this is a doctor? Not following the guidelines herself...... bloody disgrace. And has to mention her mother’s Illness and treatment in the most recent post in order to get the sympathy vote now that’s she admitting she had Covid. At least the likes of Sabrina and Sandra admitted they had it and actually did the proper lengths of isolation.
I’m guessing that’s exactly why she divulged last week about her mother, sympathy and to be able to say of course I isolated, I wouldn’t put my mother at risk. She’s such a hypocrite, there’s no stigma, dm me and tell me you tested positive but I will hide it when I test positive and go out walking on the prom.

What's the story with her business set up; ie Private patients only and you must register with another G.P? Is it so she has no connection with HSE? Does she only want to interact with a certain calibre of patient? Doesn't want snotty nosed under 6's running around?

The idea of her prescribing and dispensing the medicated products to her customers doesn't sit well with me at all, surely this is a conflict of interest and needs to be well flagged to people before they book with her?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

typenowregretlater

Why is she prescribing herself tretinoin? Surely it’s prescription strength for a reason - she doesn’t have amazing skin but she doesn’t seem to have any particular problems either? Seems unethical to me to be telling is she is using it - if we went to our gps when similar skin to her would they prescribe it?
Exactly! That’s the thing. You should *not* self-prescribe ANYTHING unless you are about to die. Honestly. This is why I can’t follow her. My blood boils. She’s setting a bad name for the profession.

• Heart

nolite

Chatty Member
This one has such a terrible work ethic - claims to have taken the day off and working all night to make up for it but sitting there on insta with a glass of wine LOL
Last week she came on bemoaning the fact that she was up to her eyes. The husband was packing orders. She was behind in getting back to people following their appointments (by her own admission). Next morning, gets up and goes shopping for garden stuff and to Boots. This week: hair, nails, yesterday. Not begrudging anyone having their much awaited appointments (I'm excited for my own at the end of the month), but be consistent in your narrative. If you were so slammed, would you not be booking those appointments in the evening or at the weekend......or waiting a couple of weeks if you're under pressure at work (not like we can go out for dinners, etc., yet to show off the new do). Was the haircut free?!?!

• Heart

brandambassador

VIP Member
Did ye see her video today about minding the kids?! Childminder is obviously gone . Would you not be embarrassed recording videos like that and posting it and then your husband seeing it and wondering wtf you’re talking to strangers about your marriage (kids) issues for . So unprofessional for her brand too
I know for a fact that Dr Laura tested positive for covid 19 last Thursday. When I say I know for a fact, I know because she told my workmate who had an online skin consult with her during the week. She said she originally tested negative and she thought she definitely had it so she got tested again. That was 3-4 days ago. So why the absolute FUCK is she walking or anywhere but home today? You are not to exercise if you have covid unless it’s your back garden. Dr Laura how fucking dare you shout at us over covid regulations

• Wow