Dr Jessica Taylor #9 Don't be fooled by the sports car I got, I'm still grifter Jessie from the block

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is she on about? 'Manc accent'. She sounds nothing like a Manc!
Nope, she sounds like a Stokie who moved a few miles away and now says "luk" instead of "l-oo-k". Or somebody who grew up/lives very near to stoke but not quite there

I’m surprised that there aren’t a lot more reviews considering it’s a ‘bestseller’.

I wonder if she wrote similar crap in all the books she signed.
View attachment 2918052

This 1 star review is definitely accurate.
View attachment 2918053
Can I ask what stoke means? In NI it's an extremely derogatory name people use to insult others (calling them a woman) taken from the travelling family the Stokes. Is this the same in England?

Can I ask what stoke means? In NI it's an extremely derogatory name people use to insult others (calling them a woman) taken from the travelling family the Stokes. Is this the same in England?
She’s referring to Stoke-on-Trent where she comes from because of course it’s full of the likes of ‘Simpo’ and she is the only successful person to have ever hailed from there.

Reactions: 3
It's a small city in England with a quite unique accent. It sounds a little bit like a Liverpool accent but also somehow different. It is more of a northern English accent and is quite far from the "posh" British accent Americans often seem to think all Brits have.

Reactions: 1
Basically it's part of her grift/image - "I'm a common little working class chav from a Stoke-on-Trent council estate but I'm also the successful, dynamic boss babe you see before you! Doesn't that just blow your mind?!"

Does the book not mention Alex at all?
She mentions him in a roundabout way when she talks about meeting Jaimi and talking about how they were both miserable with their current male partners. There might have been more mention but I don't remember if there was.

It's basically a few stories from her adolescence interspersed with snippets of her life at university and her tribunal against them. At the end, there's a massive letter to her childhood self telling her how amazing she is that seems to go on for about 1/4 of the book. She mentions going to a "top university" too many times to count. Her childhood sounded rough - similar to many girls who grow up in poverty - but most of it is stories she's told before on Twitter with a few new ones about how her first kiss with a girl (the most beautiful and popular girl in school, no less) in front of a group of other girls at a sleepover was "bliss", and how she pulled a hot Turkish hotel worker girl who couldn't speak English while she was on holiday with her family aged 15.

• Wow
She mentions him in a roundabout way when she talks about meeting Jaimi and talking about how they were both miserable with their current male partners. There might have been more mention but I don't remember if there was.

It's basically a few stories from her adolescence interspersed with snippets of her life at university and her tribunal against them. At the end, there's a massive letter to her childhood self telling her how amazing she is that seems to go on for about 1/4 of the book. She mentions going to a "top university" too many times to count. Her childhood sounded rough - similar to many girls who grow up in poverty - but most of it is stories she's told before on Twitter with a few new ones about how her first kiss with a girl (the most beautiful and popular girl in school, no less) in front of a group of other girls at a sleepover was "bliss", and how she pulled a hot Turkish hotel worker girl who couldn't speak English while she was on holiday with her family aged 15.
We couldn't afford foreign holidays when I was 15. Think I'll outdo her with a misery memoir of my own

• Haha
Reactions: 4