Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mbhoy

Schofield was married with kids, has an inappropriate relationship with a younger coworker and comes out as gay!
Jess was married with kids, has an inappropriate relationship with a younger coworker and comes out as gay!
Im not really seeing the similarities are you? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
What leadership role was she in at 21 exactly... according to her bio she was 1 year into her open university degree in 2011 (when she was 21) ...is she just making this shit up as she goes along, or what???

View attachment 2247946
Oh bore off Jess. Maybe it hasn't sat well with anyone because you're an incompetent high-conflict personality and bully.

I'm working class, female, have been in management roles in big corporate firms and nobody gave a shit, because shockingly I'm not the centre of the universe and if you do your job well and don't piss everyone off for the sake of your own ego, people will leave you alone.

• Heart

witchinghour

I doubt she's taken her kids on holiday. I saw her go on many holidays when I knew her. Not once with the kids, though.

That's a typical Jessica sentence in that screenshot above. It implies she has the kids with her, but if you read it carefully, nowhere does it actually say she has them there with her.

It just says that, in general terms, it's vital that she spends time resting, with her kids and their families. Nothing about the kids actually being on holiday with her now. Leaving you with the impression that she's being a good mum because that's what she wants you to think, with plausible deniability about the holiday as she never actually said it.

Her ex is the primary carer, not her. Why would they take the kids out of school anyway?
---
I hope I'm wrong about this, mind, as it's about time she invited her kids along with her.

Boogs

VIP Member
A truly powerful person doesn’t need to keep shouting about how amazing they are looking for validation from others Jess.

• Haha
Apologising twice in the space of a minute for being a bit noisy during the world cup quarter final is... something anyway. My guess is that Jaimi has to walk on eggshells constantly and that Jess excuses her own behaviour as a "perfectly normal and expected" trauma response. I bet Jess gives Jaimi the silent treatment when she's annoyed with her and that she's never once apologised for anything she's done. Jaimi, if you're reading this (and we all know you do), you're in an abusive relationship. It might not feel as bad as previous abusive relationships so you justify it that way but it is. You shouldn't have to apologise for cheering on your team.

Dike Themis

Ooooooof would have thought the phrase sharing without consent was highly risky. Maybe the BPS said she probably believed she had consent to wear the clothes.

• Sad

umnothatsnotokay

She’s a liar, a selfish hypocrite and a grifter who needs to take the F word out of her mouth.

I’ve been around a very long time and what I’ve observed among those who claim to be ‘feminist leaders’ is to pay attention to their actions, not their self glorifying tweets.

How does she treat vulnerable women who approach her? How does she treat her staff? Does her organisation place feminist ethics at the core of all they do? How well does she take criticism from other feminists?

How much does she individually profit and gain from women?

Does she use the system to control and silence women she disagrees with? The same system she wants to ‘smash’ when it suits her professional narrative?

Also - how does she show meaningful support to feminist organisations? How often does she shout out, promote or otherwise support the work of grass roots feminists?

Jessica falls short - epically.

• Heart
"Our feminism" you mean the one where you render yourself down to your appearance and pretend that that's how everyone else sees you?

Is it the way you talk shit on everyone who has a differing opinion and call them all jealous?

Is it the way you allowed your staff to create and share photoshop edits of violence towards women in VAWG?

Is it the way you exploited MULTIPLE victims of SA, spun a vicious narrative about them and are STILL attempting to silence them?

Is that what makes feminism so bad now Jess?

The actual feminists are doing fine, thanks.
Or the way she pulls a DARVO every time ("ackshully it's feminists who are committing acts of VAWG")?

Or bitches and moans about "feminists" as much as the incels and MRAs do?

Or thinks the real important concerns of feminism are which women get statues devoted to them or are "allowed" to have plastic surgery without censure?

Or backtracks on her GC views because she doesn't want to be labelled a "TERF" and risk losing followers/money?

Or gives vulnerable women shitty advice that puts them at risk?

Or tries to blame feminism for anything no matter how tenuous the connection (like when she retweeted an alt-right talking head making fun of Madonna's looks and was all "this is the feminists and the #bekind brigade!")

Or deliberately implies that the reason she's been criticised by certain prominent feminists is that they're sexually harassing her?

I could go on

• Heart

ZiggyStardust68

This reply basically should have shut her up once and for all. The actual stats totally blow her bullshit out of the water, so she refused to comment further. The whole argument is flawed, childish thinking. Yes there may be little engagement with psychiatry in countries with an apparent low suicide rate, but one is not causally related to the other, but then any psychology graduate with a modicum of intelligence would know this, and anyone who had a GCSE level grasp of Statistics would also know that statistics can be used to illustrate all sorts of untrue/dubious things if used without context. There are so many other variables at play here, no medication and no psychiatry will inevitably mean no diagnosis. That doesn't necessarily mean no metal health issues, just no diagnoses or recording of them. Suicide is not the only measure of poor mental health. There are so many things wrong with this narrative I cba typing out any more. Apart from anything else, the person who commented shared a link to suicide stats which completely ends her argument anyway! But then her fans perpetuate the flawed thinking. I mean one classic: So 40% of US citizens are on antidepressants but also the highest levels of mass shooting and knife attacks are up in the UK-coincidence? Maybe there is a relationship there but are the people carrying out the shootings on anti-depressants? Maybe they're not and they should be. Maybe there are more serious mental health disorders involved. Life is so simple when you have no critical thinking. Honestly some of the 'facts' and causal relationships she comes up with are just laughable, just like the ones you are shown in Statistics 1 lesson 1 of any Statistics related course. For example, apparently the yearly number of deaths by drowning correlates with the yearly number of films Nicolas Cage appeared in--so is Nicolas Cage making films causing death by drowning??? I used to think she was quite clever, using dubious statistics without context to illustrate her point, but now I just think she's stupid. Her 'statistics' in some of her 'research' clearly demonstrate that she doesn't really understand stats.....but then if her work was properly supervised and peer reviewed her dubious stats would be thrown out. And the arrogance! 'Love this extract about past traumatic growth' and then shares a clip when she is the only one speaking! My god, her arrogance is off the scale!

---
I saw this post and just thought it’s another one she hasn’t got a clue (nor backed it with proof).
Those that may not use it probably don’t believe mental health, believe it’s “demons” etc. so it won’t be collated as a thing.
Also, the UK use the ICD really so…
This constant referring to the DSM winds me up as yes we don't use it here. In fact it's only really the US that does use the DSM. So does she know this or is she desperately trying to enter the US market, with her pathetic US references that are just never heard here, like the 'I love it when people twist themselves into pretzels'--I have NEVER, ever heard a British person refer to 'pretzels' in this way. She is desperate to make it as some sort of expert in the US. It'll never happen.

Last edited:
  • Heart

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
Let's face it, it's a vanity project, rushed together and marketed on pure bluster, nothing more. Her idea of "peer review" is "my mates had a look and said its great", because actual scientific peer review is elitist/misogynist/a personal attack on Dr Jessica Taylor's genius/whatever. It, like her, is a joke among professionals, and rightly so.

• Heart
Screenshot 2023-07-29 101514.png

This person is my hero!

Jess is now suggesting it's somehow "victim blaming" that people need to ask for help for their mental health before they receive it. It's the same with physical conditions. Does she think those "Be Clear on Cancer" ads are victim blaming because they say that if you have a symptom like blood in your pee or coughing for weeks, you should go to a doctor and ask to be checked out?

• Heart

MoodyMargaret92

"Our feminism" you mean the one where you render yourself down to your appearance and pretend that that's how everyone else sees you?

Is it the way you talk shit on everyone who has a differing opinion and call them all jealous?

Is it the way you allowed your staff to create and share photoshop edits of violence towards women in VAWG?

Is it the way you exploited MULTIPLE victims of SA, spun a vicious narrative about them and are STILL attempting to silence them?

Is that what makes feminism so bad now Jess?

The actual feminists are doing fine, thanks.

• Heart
  • Sad

SavannahS

Chatty Member
Does she believe she was in management roles all her life? So outta touch with reality.
I have never found her cv very impressive, even with her liberties taken.

She does not seem to have much experience collaborating, and I see her management roles bs also as covering up that she has had to set up her own companies with people she can control, because she could not work easily with others as equals.

Reactions: 11

Blue bunny

Screenshot_20230718_143704_Chrome.jpg

"Early career researchers!?!"

Jess constantly goes on about her 3000years of experience, but now the truth benefits them, they're happy to use it to make out he's a bully. They'll be emailing where he works next, saying as much.

I reckon Jaimi didn't run this by Jess, she'd find any card to use other than the 'inexperienced' one.

Reactions: 11