Downton Abbey

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope the rumours are true!
It’s my go to show! Like friends! Can watch it from any episode or have it on in the background.
I’m going to highclere castle in the summer can’t wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I rewatched most of the show last summer and while I support to eat the rich (😁), this show has been comfort for me since its beginnings. I enjoyed both movies (despite some liberties when it came to how characters behaved) and I absolutely wouldn’t mind another season. I saw suggestions that new seasons should follow the kids as young adults, but I think that would put them right into WWII and I don’t see the show going into that era.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if Lord Grantham will be killed off early on and focus on Mary being in charge.

• Wow
I wonder if Lord Grantham will be killed off early on and focus on Mary being in charge.
Wouldn’t mind that. My rewatch made me realize how much of an idiot Robert often was. Not to mention his role in poor Sybil‘s death and him cheating on Cora. He did have some redeeming qualities, like when he yelled at Branson‘s awful teacher girlfriend or the way he always supported Edith - but I wanted to slap him quite a few times :D

Reactions: 4
Wouldn’t mind that. My rewatch made me realize how much of an idiot Robert often was. Not to mention his role in poor Sybil‘s death and him cheating on Cora. He did have some redeeming qualities, like when he yelled at Branson‘s awful teacher girlfriend or the way he always supported Edith - but I wanted to slap him quite a few times :D
Me neither.

Some of the best characters have left (the dowager, barrow)

Lord Grantham I think has run his course.

It's funny, rewatching it so many characters and/or stories annoy me. But because they all get screen time none of them make it unwatchable.

I like Anna but Bates annoys me, I'd be quite happy for him to not come back. The constant stories of them being arrested annoyed me too.

Reactions: 2
The character I hated from start to finish was Daisy. Absolutely awful. Bingeing the seasons didn’t make me go softer on her. Most annoying character.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The character I hated from start to finish was Daisy. Absolutely awful. Bingeing the seasons didn’t make me go softer on her. Most annoying character.
She annoyed me at times too. But I did like her when she settled down with Andy.

I wouldn't be sad to see the back of Mary's new husband either, he never seemed to fit quite right.

There’s a Facebook group of super fans and they are very ott!
they can’t get over the actors playin other roles etc! It’s quite funny!

yeah the prison story lines were pointless really.
Maybe barrow would come back…America might of not suited him.

have to agree about Daisy she did annoy me but she was young.
William when he joined the army annoyed me, don’t really know why!

Barrow could be thrown over for someone younger and prettier. That would be very Hollywood. So yeah he could come back.

There is the financial crash in 1929 to come I think, so that could be a starting point.

I think if Matthew Goode isn't available then Henry needs to be recast. They can't carry on with Mary's never present husband.

Carson is my favourite character by far. Absolutely love him.

(For anyone who is desperate for a something a bit similar to Downton in the meantime, try Julian Fellowes' Gilded Age. It's Downton in America.)

Reactions: 6
who is everyones fav character?
Fav characters: I have many along with Mary + Matthew before he was killed off.
Thank goodness I wasn't watching when it first aired. I was very late to the game, had a heads up about Matthew's car accident. Feel bad for those that watched during the Christmas holidays.

Thank goodness I wasn't watching when it first aired. I was very late to the game, had a heads up about Matthew's car accident. Feel bad for those that watched during the Christmas holidays.

It was amazing, same with Lady Sybil.

It was part of Downtons power, trots along all something about nothing...then pow.

It reminded me of Game of Thrones in a way, no chatacter was really safe

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It was amazing, same with Lady Sybil.

It was part of Downtons power, trots along all something about nothing...then pow.

It reminded me of Game of Thrones in a way, no chatacter was really safe
Haha true, but they really tricked us into thinking Robert would kick it during that episode that seemed to be directed by Quentin Tarantino 😂 and then he still lived!
Also, I watched all of GoT too back when it aired, and Downton definitely had the better final season.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I never watched it when it was 1st out, 1st saw it last year and I’ve watched it so many times. Even on itv3! Watchin it now you know there’s films but imagine watchin the last one and thinking that was it!

I might rewatch it, need something light to watch. Hope Barrow finds love this season.

Unpopular opinion, I liked Daisy. Had a good heart, and certainly found her 'voice' later on.
I went back and forth between liking and annoyed by Bates & Anna. Their story line wasn't that interesting imo. I do wish they would have kept Kemal Pamuk, grown his character. A little bit of eye candy would have been appreciated 😜

Attachments

Reactions: 4