Downtherapids

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tiktoker who does mountaineering and survival stuff. Been living in the Scottish highlands for a while but has now joined the search for Jay Slater.

Needs his own thread as there’s a lot to say…

IMG_3642.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Thank you oor DeeDee 😍

This guy is making a FORTUNE from tik tok. He's out searching, and people are commenting he should be on Pride of Britain for an award.

He eats a rice cake or banana and goes and searches mountains to late at night.

He's saying Jay's family bought him clothes and food. So they should they've got 30k.

Does he not have a job?

And he repeats everything he says, I say repeats everything he says.

Big love

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Absolutely shocking if they’ve took money out of that go fund me to buy him new togs. He’s got his own money. He’s ripping the arse right out of it with the gifts.

Reactions: 19
Absolutely shocking if they’ve took money out of that go fund me to buy him new togs. He’s got his own money. He’s ripping the arse right out of it with the gifts.
He's saying they bought him clothes, pasta and he's getting new shoes off them. How is this real life.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hello! Been sent here from the Jay Slater thread

As a climber living in Scotland I now hate Paul. He seems to be consistently doing things just for social media clout.
The press have called him a climber but I’ve never seen him with a rope? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank you oor DeeDee 😍

This guy is making a FORTUNE from tik tok. He's out searching, and people are commenting he should be on Pride of Britain for an award.

He eats a rice cake or banana and goes and searches mountains to late at night.

He's saying Jay's family bought him clothes and food. So they should they've got 30k.

Does he not have a job?

And he repeats everything he says, I say repeats everything he says.

Big love
That’s what he’s says he’s doing, the 1/2 minute clips he shares online doesn’t really show that much.

Who knows what he’s doing!? Wouldn’t put it past him just going up for an hour getting a number of clips so he can post through out the day and then going live late at night on the grift.

Hilarious people saying “You really deserve to find him” as if it’s some treasure hunt. This whole case has been utterly chaotic and it really has shown how bizarre the general public are!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Hello! Been sent here from the Jay Slater thread

As a climber living in Scotland I now hate Paul. He seems to be consistently doing things just for social media clout.
The press have called him a climber but I’ve never seen him with a rope? 🤔
He brought a torch that was utter rubbish and was out with it the other night, he was saying he couldn't even see his footsteps with it. Why not bring your kit if you're a professional.

Reactions: 17
I think he’s a grifter. He’s obviously been trying to grow his TikTok for some time based on his previous posts. The day he decided to fly out to Tenerife he was in Scotland and had al his gear with him, but left it with his friend he was camping with and hopped a plane?

he’s seen Jay as an opportunity to explore mountains he wouldn’t other wise chance, in his own words he only does colder countries.
He knew he could make a mint & tick off something from his list.
He keeps mentioning being involved in the rescue of the father & son who were sadly found in the Scottish mountains, yet you won’t find his name anywhere. Simply because he wasn’t involved.
If he was as good as he says, and had all these credentials, mountain rescue would be his full time job and not a hobby.

In short he’s a clout chaser who’s putting himself in danger by starving himself. I think he may have some issues of his own judging by his repetition & body language.

Reactions: 27
Half his videos he seems to be at the top of some mountain/hill going on about how few people can make it up there, only him, there's no other route, he needs ropes etc.

So how the hell would randomer Jay have made it to such places then?

Reactions: 14
Half his videos he seems to be at the top of some mountain/hill going on about how few people can make it up there, only him, there's no other route, he needs ropes etc.

So how the hell would randomer Jay have made it to such places then?
That's what I said in the Jay thread too, he's bleating on about "Jay won't have been able to come this way", "Jay won't have been able to get up/down here", so why the duck are you wasting energy going?

• Haha
he’s seen Jay as an opportunity to explore mountains he wouldn’t other wise chance, in his own words he only does colder countries.
He knew he could make a mint & tick off something from his list.
He keeps mentioning being involved in the rescue of the father & son who were sadly found in the Scottish mountains, yet you won’t find his name anywhere. Simply because he wasn’t involved.
by colder countries he’s been to the base of Poland’s highest mountain and climbed maybe 3 munros in Scotland 🤣

I know some volunteers in mountain rescue and they don’t just let any old person ‘join in to help’ most of their members have professional qualifications in mountaineering or are in medicine. The public getting involved in searches is usually frowned upon as they don’t know what they’re doing and could end up also needing MRT.

Head to toe in North Face gear 😂 in the mountaineering community he would be a laughing stock. It’s often overpriced and a tell tale sign he doesn’t know what he’s doing.
I say “would be” but he’s genuinely not on anyone who’s worth their salt’s radar

• Heart
Reactions: 15
From his first TikTok today: he's moving away from the police and is doing his own thing in an area absolutely no one else is searching.

He's been told to duck off by the police, hasn't he? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
he posts an awful lot of TikTok’s for someone who says they’re going to crack on with this search every day. The other day he said he wasn’t going to post much because he was really going to focus…. He posted 13 TikTok’s that day.
---
So I had a look back at some videos. He said he was involved in a search and rescue of 2 people (the father and son)… he wasn’t! On the 29.5 he said he’s heard 2 people have failed to return so he just goes out on his own that night searching. He tries to contact mountain rescue but can’t get in contact so he has no affiliation with them and they obviously didn’t ask for his help or even know he’s helping. then the next day on 30.5 the bodies are found. You can’t claim you’re involved in that search and rescue!!!! Sounds like he just inserts himself into things to feel important.
Also on a random video I looked at he said he needed a hair cut and there is absolutely nowhere to get his hair cut on the island- except a woman’s salon but said I’m not going to a woman’s salon to get my hair cut!!!!! Wff why is he so weird. Where do you think the men go to get their hair cut… probs the salon if that’s the only one in the island. what a melt.
Going to stop stalking his vids now because he makes me angry 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
I don’t really have anything constructive to say but thank you for starting a thread. God knows how people are not wise to what he’s doing. People are nominating him for a pride of Britain award ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
He said the other night on a live that he’s had messages but dosent have time to respond yet he sits on TikTok for hours every night something is very off about him everyday he says he’s close to finding jay

Reactions: 9
What's with the constant repeating of himself? Thought my Tik Tok was glitching until I watched another 2 or 3 videos and realised it's just the way he speaks. Or is it his echo being heard across the mountains? 🤔😂

And will someone get this man a bloody rope! Every other video is mentioning it. Why on earth he didn't pack one when he flew over is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: 15