Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cwymmie

VIP Member
How do you justify her exploitation of the children? They’re not old enough to understand the implications of having their every moment and circumstance broadcast to the world to exist on the internet forever. Imagine getting to be an adult and finding out the “safe home” actually profited significantly from sharing your personal details for their own gain.
Let alone the rubbish the household generates with all the single use items, and the really poor nutrition.
I don’t think she films them if they say they don’t want to- there was a post recently of them dancing and two children were missing, to which she said they didn’t want to participate.
You nor I know what conversations they have regarding consent of being filmed. But I hardly doubt the kids will grow up scarred for life from being asked what their birthday/favourite colour is on camera 😆

Reactions: 1

lexi123

I just can’t get over how much money they spend on shopping each week?! 900$! Like how on earth can you afford that

Where are they based? New York?

Catlady1

VIP Member
Or maybe she has just found a way of making a lot of money. To me the way she is making the money is not something I would chose to do. It does smack of exploitation and the consequences of exposing the childhoods of children that have already been unstable on line will come to a head for the Dougherty’s sooner rather than later. That is not mental illness it is making a life choice. A bad one!

Catlady1

VIP Member
The holiday food shopping haul and Harley’s birthday. It’s all surreal and not in a good way!!

Trapped_soul

VIP Member
Where does she get her money from is family allowance a thing where she’s from like does anyone work

Catlady1

VIP Member
The house they live was not on main drainage and had a septic tank. Probably from all the waste water from 12 people. They decided not to get it fixed but to get hooked up to the main sewage system. They have had all the plans approved but are waiting for contractors to do the work. I suppose there’s a back log due to the pandemic?

LittleRoots

My favourite shopping haul was when she bought200 dollars worth of steak. I’m divided about this family. I do think her tik tok accidentally went viral during the pandemic when she started just as something new to do. Then people began sending her family stuff and wanted them to make wish lists on Amazon just I suppose as a way of treating kids who’ve had a hard start in life. She discovered however that you tube was a way of making money and it has spiralled. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ She took the video down with the gran ranting in the background pretty quick. I was a bit shocked she posted it but I just don’t think she edited it and realised what was being said in the background!!
wait what happened with the gran background video?

Meg78

VIP Member
If N is watching this I feel like it must be such a gut punch to see her removed from the line up so easily, erased like she never existed

cwymmie

VIP Member
I heard rumours that Alicia said if you’re not going to be in videos there’s no point you being here??
That’s not true.
N had a mental health incident in the home and was removed to protect the other children. Her bio mother was not a suitable placement for her so her elder brother currently has custody. She had also spent some time in a mental health facility prior to that.

• Sad

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
I know Nevaeh’s bio mother was very much trying to get Nevaeh and Dayshawn back so it’s possible she has returned to her bio mum. It’s also possible she’s moved somewhere else that the bio mum can’t can’t contact her because by all accounts (Facebook posts etc) it had become quite harassing behaviour. Wherever she is I hope she’s safe and happy.

Also worth noting it was never meant to be a forever thing, it’s was meant to be for the summer and that was back in May 22. So they’ve been there a lot longer than expected. Probably due to unstable bio parents.
How is this stuff publicly available on fb? Isn’t that just really concerning for the poor kid.

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
How do they genuinely afford all that food, amazon hauls etc?
Thousands in revenue, affiliate links, etc. Easy.

I quite like them and think they probably get a lot of money through ads and their fostering fees
But they're all adopted aren't they? Even if they're not, fostering fees would barely cover one grocery haul for what they buy. YouTube and TikTok is far more lucrative than people realise.

Impleo

VIP Member
Most of her content is now on you tube. It’s been said she makes approximately $90 000 a month from you tube a month. I can’t see that taking those children from foster care that they’d been placed in due the abuse and terrible neglect they faced in their birth homes is anything but good. It’s a joy to see even the older childrens faces on their recent holiday. She did say in her Instagram post that she donated the left over food to the OC food bank.

I watched the latest vlog where she allocated rooms in Ocean City and it was lovely. It was nice to see her doing something other than shop where she gets the most criticism. A huge lot of thought went into who slept where and why, and she and Josh ended up sleeping on the bunk bed set-up near the younger kids because it suited the situation best, while the older kids got the double beds on the top floor.

I hoped she might donate the leftover food. That's excellent.