Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cloak

VIP Member
I don’t really know what you mean by this.
I notice a lot of tiny attitudes and incidences in the day-to-day lives of my colleagues and friends where you can tell they just do not compute what life is like for a large percentage of the country, and I notice it in D&P too.
That's interesting, can I ask a bit more about what that looks like? (Genuinely, I am interested, so not trying to say it doesn't happen or anything!)

slugella

VIP Member
Been lurking here a few days and I'm so glad to have found a place that puts my thoughts on Pandora down in words that make sense!

I've been a HL listener for a while now and though I actually don't mind Dolly, something about Pandora has always sat funny with me - and now reading here, I'm so aware that it's the class thing. I read Dolly's book Everything I Know About Love and while some of it was completely ridiculous (spending the £££ on the taxi to see a boy, for example) there were enough elements of it that mirrored my experience living as a twenty four year old in London that I enjoyed it and I think as a result I feel Dolly is the more relatable of the two, but even listening to the HL, Pandora has struck me as being so unrelatable.

Sorry for the rant - just glad to have found this thread!
Agree about Dolly. I didn't love the book but did like bits of it and I think reading about her friendships and her living with them showed a side to her that I could relate to even if she was wealthier and working in TV, whereas I haven't seen this with Pandora. Even when Dolly wrote about her school which was a private school which I can not relate to at all, she still articulated struggles and lack of confidence which I could relate to.

Last edited: