Documentaries you have seen and still think of to this Day #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know if its been mentioned before but the 'price of honor' on prime is an absol heartbreaking documentary

Reactions: 3
Don't know if its been mentioned before but the 'price of honor' on prime is an absol heartbreaking documentary
God that documentary wound me up something cronic and broke my heart!! Those two beautiful girls 🥺🥺 their 'mother' should be in jail too! Rotting away just like the man who killed them.

Reactions: 1
I watched this last year....its defo a documentary series that makes ya go 'wtf' so many twists that leave your mouth open and ya have to hit pause to take in the information. Anyone who's into crime documentaries should watch this one.
Thank you both for recommending this!! Binged it in one night. What a story!!! I’ve signed up for prime now- anyone got anymore recommendations for any on prime/discovery plus please?

Thank you both for recommending this!! Binged it in one night. What a story!!! I’ve signed up for prime now- anyone got anymore recommendations for any on prime/discovery plus please?
Goodnight sugar babe and I will be murdered both on prime and a good watch.
Discovery plus crime stories are brilliant too

• Heart
This is on Prime it’s graphic just to give you a warning

8B59B1BB-F08E-452C-8994-4BAF9C2016B7.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes, thanks for the recommendations. I feel as if my "watch list" has seriously dwindled lately!

One from years ago I recently watch again was from the 'Jews' series BBC did. It was about parents passing on Holocaust trauma onto their kids. Quite depressing but an interesting watch of how it goes down in the generations. There was one woman at the end who ended up obsessed with the Holocaust because of the way her mother was with her.

Just watched “A very British Cult” on BBC Three - very disturbing, as cults are.

Just watched “A very British Cult” on BBC Three - very disturbing, as cults are.
It was a bit of an odd one. It's hard to believe that weird SA was a hook for people. There just didn't seem to be any philosophy behind any of it at all. Maybe it was lockdown that boosted their numbers like they touched on in the documentary.

It was a bit of an odd one. It's hard to believe that weird SA was a hook for people. There just didn't seem to be any philosophy behind any of it at all. Maybe it was lockdown that boosted their numbers like they touched on in the documentary.
I don’t think rationality really comes into play when it comes to cults. Most people aren’t susceptible to cultish behaviour, hence, the majority of people don’t enter or get sucked into one. But the fact is, a minority of people do. Like a minority of people get into pyramid schemes, or falling in love with someone overseas 30 years younger than them and thinking it’s true reciprocated love. I do agree that lockdown would have heightened all of these sorts of ploys massively.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think rationality really comes into play when it comes to cults. Most people aren’t susceptible to cultish behaviour, hence, the majority of people don’t enter or get sucked into one. But the fact is, a minority of people do. Like a minority of people get into pyramid schemes, or falling in love with someone overseas 30 years younger than them and thinking it’s true reciprocated love. I do agree that lockdown would have heightened all of these sorts of ploys massively.
Yeah definitely must be hard to comprehend how it happens if you've not been through. A few of them seemed normal on the outside but there must have been something in them that made them susceptible to control.

Reactions: 2
Yeah definitely must be hard to comprehend how it happens if you've not been through. A few of them seemed normal on the outside but there must have been something in them that made them susceptible to control.
My reaction to anything relating to this, whether it’s something like this doc, or a 70 year old British woman marrying a 25 year old African man and believing they had true love, to someone sending their life savings because an email told them they won a random overseas lottery is pure utter incredulousness. I say HOW?? But then you can apply the HOW?? to anything. People addicted (or even partaking) to alcohol or cigarettes. HOW can you pay for something that you know is destroying your body? People addicted to gambling. HOW are you paying for something you constantly lose on, that is making you poorer by the day? To a (much!) lesser extent: HOW have you (general you) got so many posts on tattle - don’t you have anything more meaningful to do in your spare time? It’s completely incomprehensible to me but as an addict to something else, it doesn’t surprise me certain people with certain addictions (and not outright dangerous - addicted to feel wanted, addicted to feel listened to, addicted to feel like they were an important block in an “industry”, for example) would be drawn to something like this. Humans, with all their technological distractions, are much weaker than our non human mammal counterparts. Hell, even without the technology, humans were and are led by unproved religions and some live their lives strictly by them. It’s not surprising.

My reaction to anything relating to this, whether it’s something like this doc, or a 70 year old British woman marrying a 25 year old African man and believing they had true love, to someone sending their life savings because an email told them they won a random overseas lottery is pure utter incredulousness. I say HOW?? But then you can apply the HOW?? to anything. People addicted (or even partaking) to alcohol or cigarettes. HOW can you pay for something that you know is destroying your body? People addicted to gambling. HOW are you paying for something you constantly lose on, that is making you poorer by the day? To a (much!) lesser extent: HOW have you (general you) got so many posts on tattle - don’t you have anything more meaningful to do in your spare time? It’s completely incomprehensible to me but as an addict to something else, it doesn’t surprise me certain people with certain addictions (and not outright dangerous - addicted to feel wanted, addicted to feel listened to, addicted to feel like they were an important block in an “industry”, for example) would be drawn to something like this. Humans, with all their technological distractions, are much weaker than our non human mammal counterparts. Hell, even without the technology, humans were and are led by unproved religions and some live their lives strictly by them. It’s not surprising.
And like you said, with religion it has been going on for thousands of years. Patterns of behaviours repeat themselves throughout the ages - I'm sure under the right circumstances all sorts of behaviours are in everyone. It's just passed down in the genes like trauma can be.

And like you said, with religion it has been going on for thousands of years. Patterns of behaviours repeat themselves throughout the ages - I'm sure under the right circumstances all sorts of behaviours are in everyone. It's just passed down in the genes like trauma can be.
Yes, like mob behaviour or rioters, including people who didn’t intend to get caught in the behaviour but got enthused by mob mentality or ones that didn’t know what the mob was even against but saw the crowd and thought because of peer pressure it was “right” they joined. Humans are easily led on so many different things because of free thinking. But free thinking sometimes also falls for scams, gaslighting and cults, such as this. Even “innocent” things. It’s what the advertising industry relies on.

Dear Zachary (which I know has been mentioned, but a biggie for me) and The Lightbulb Conspiracy. I watched that years ago and still think about it all the time - in short, it’s about how things are deliberately manufactured to fail so that we keep spending; how that started and the laws that have been changed or implemented to make sure it continues. Meanwhile we know the planet is dying and people are in hardship all over the world but hey, gotta keep that economy going 🤙🏼

Reactions: 5
One from years ago I recently watch again was from the 'Jews' series BBC did. It was about parents passing on Holocaust trauma onto their kids. Quite depressing but an interesting watch of how it goes down in the generations. There was one woman at the end who ended up obsessed with the Holocaust because of the way her mother was with her.
I just watched a series on BBC iPlayer called the U.S.and the Holocaust… really interesting and shows how much to blame other countries were for ignoring what was happening to the Jews right under their noses.