Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VC10

VIP Member
Who has always had reflections of the time it was made, but they didnt rub your bastard face it in.

Jodie Whittaker was a failed experiment to appeal to gals to sell barbies and for the BBC to say “look at us aren’t we clever”

no you are not, you’ve just alienated your core fan base you cunts

I’m looking forward to The Abominable Snowman animated this year. Shame it’s the last animated story for now. Still we had a good run.
God, its terrible now, has been for years. I tried to watch it here and there but no. I have a mate who has watched it since the 1960s but she's given up on it . I honestly don't know anyone who watches it. Dr Who - Dr Woke more like

Reactions: 3

hrh89

VIP Member
Chris Chibnall has been nothing but a major disappointment. And he has let Jodie down. The flaws with her Doctor are entirely down to the poor scripts she has had to deal with.

I want a return to the vibes of early New Who. Russell T. Davies just gave the show a real magic. Even side characters had an arc and development. People like Jackie Tyler, Martha's family, Donna's family. Those vibes haven't been there since.

Everything felt more natural, the jokes felt more natural (and I will forever Stan Jackie Tyler for thinking the Doctor was asking about the Eastenders storyline in Army of Ghosts in series 2) , the stories were generally better.
completely agree with you nothing beats the RTD era for me. It was so full of life and absolute fun! I miss those days. A bit camp, a bit cheesy, but so full of heart and joy.

It’s such a fucking shame the first time we have a female doctor and it doesn’t live up to what we had hoped. Gutted for Jodie she is an amazing actor and I think she was a great fit for the role but the writing is dire and the companions are weak

Non90

I live in the same city in Wales that Russel T is from, and I swear to God we're all on high alert here!
(Torchwood once got filmed on my street and it was PHENOMENAL!)
I remember when Torchwood came and filmed near me on my Mam‘s mates farm. Spent the whole day cold and wet in a field watching them film and got to meet James Marster’s which 17\18 yr old me nearly collapsed over. Best day ever lol!

• Heart
David Tennant and Catherine Tate coming back for 60th Anniversary! Genuinely cried when I read this.

Now, Peter Capaldi as well please Russell!
damn I audibly gasped when I saw this on RTDs insta. So cool. Always loved ten and Donna together.

for me I would love chris Ecclestone he’s my favourite doctor but I don’t think that’s gonna happen 🤣 I literally want everyone back from that 9/10 era. Rose, Martha, Jackie, John Simm as the master. Those were the best.

I stg if they bring back John Barrowman I won’t watch it

George Agdgdgwngo

Who has always had reflections of the time it was made, but they didnt rub your bastard face it in.

Jodie Whittaker was a failed experiment to appeal to gals to sell barbies and for the BBC to say “look at us aren’t we clever”

no you are not, you’ve just alienated your core fan base you cunts

I’m looking forward to The Abominable Snowman animated this year. Shame it’s the last animated story for now. Still we had a good run.

Last edited:

CookieZippy

VIP Member
Great casting. I see my least favourite influencer has been using it to indulge in plenty of race baiting today. In addition to below, he claimed that in less than an hour after Ncuti being announced he had seen over 200 racists going mad about it on social media. Just absolute lies to try and whip up outrage. The reactions I have seen have been pretty much universally happy about it. Guy's a tosser.

279578563_5407652052580806_8345217765467536476_n.jpg

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I hope Russell manages to get Doctor Who going good again. It's been so hit and miss for so long, under Moffatt and Chibnall. Too many poor scripts, too many convoluted storylines not making good enough use of a brilliant cast.

Reactions: 2

PollyPerks

I was about to start a new thread for Doctor Who but then I discovered this one!

Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall are both leaving in 2022:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57940451

I have to admit I'm quite excited - I think Jodie has been great but Chris is nowhere near the genius of either RTD or Stephen Moffat, so this era has fallen a bit flat for me. Having said that, I didn't enjoy Peter Capaldi's last two series much either. Any guesses as to next showrunner / Doctor?

(I feel bad for admitting this, but I'd kind of like a male Doctor again...)

Reverend

VIP Member
Apparently ( if anyone's interested in the old 1960s series) they are to release an animated story on dvd this year - The Abominable Snowmen, an old Patrick Troughton b/w adventure
They have been releasing quite a few animations of the lost episodes, although it's rumoured Abominable Snowman will be the last one.

Non90

I can’t tell how excited i am for this casting! Ncuti is amazing and with RTD back in charge I’m so damn hyped now to watch again!!

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Sorry but I feel that Chris Chibnal killed Doctor Who, and Russel T Davies returned to dance on it's grave.
I didn't think much of the specials at all, and will not be bothering with the new series.

Reverend

VIP Member
Now, Peter Capaldi as well please Russell!
He has said that he isn't interested in revisiting the doctor, but you never know.

The Doctor I want back, and have a large role is Paul McGann. Just so he has more than the TVM and the Night of the Doctor under his belt.

hrh89

VIP Member
RTD who was the best who imo. Ecclestone is my doctor 🥰 I was 16 when it started so Nine was my first doctor if you will! what an impact in just one series. Would have given anything for a couple more series with Nine and Rose I thought they had such great chemistry.
I wasn’t a huge fan of Ten but I LOVED series 4 with Donna. An amazing friendship written well. Her ending though 😭

I lost interest after Matt Smiths first series it just didn’t have that fun anymore for me. Moffat is such a show off and I didn’t enjoy a lot of his writing. Some stuff was good of course but I just longed for the silliness of RTD Who.
Loved Rose a lot and Martha too! Martha was let down by some bad writing though. She was an awesome force but the character was poorly written and she was treated like shit by Ten a lot of the time poor gal.

Didn’t watch Peter Capaldis purely because I couldn’t stand Clara as companion.

Saw Jodie’s first series and I think she’s bloody superb. Must catch up on the new episodes.

Anyone a Torchwood fan? IPlayer has every episode currently! Working my way through and bloody loving it. Used to be obsessed with it and had forgotten how enjoyable it is.

Last edited:

Non90

So devastating about Bernard passing. Even though he was 93, he was of those that you hoped would be here longer. A legend and what is quite rare these days from all accounts just a genuinely kind, funny man. He will be missed and I will be looking up to the sky for him 💔

• Heart

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
[i didn’t see a thread so if there is one, I’m sorry!]

...anybody watching?

I have loved Doctor Who for a majority of my childhood, I grew up on Chris Eccleston/David Tennant/Matt Smith. David Tennant & Ten will always and forever be MY Doctor. I want so, so badly to like thirteen but I’m finding it so hard. I think it’s the stories - I just switch off halfway through. The writing is abysmal, seeing Bradley Walsh throws me off cos I keep thinking he’s going to start spouting off about The Chase, and it feels wrong Damn it. On Sunday afternoons on the tv channel Watch they do re-runs of 9/10/11 and it’s BRILLIANT. Was watching them this afternoon and loved them. The tone just feels really different somehow, quicker and just more fun 🤷🏻‍♀️

BUT, the parts I DO see, I have enjoyed. The Master - brilliant, and he’s fit, I have a crush. The Cybermen... my biggest DW fear is the cybermen, and watching them tonight was genuinely the first time since David Tennant that I got that sickly butterfly feeling in my stomach! And the cliffhangers!
Chris Chibnall feels like he’s good at writing twists... but not much else 😆

still mourning the Tenth Doctor

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I’m so sad about Bernard. I was only talking about him last week, me and my Mum watched Partners In Crime together.