Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I think it looks lovely - for one day, but not when it's dirty and slushy. 😂

Hate trying to walk in it cause I'm like Bambi on ice 🙄

Reactions: 4

Peeky_Mink

I love love love snow. One of the redeeming features of winter. A snow holiday is my favourite kind of holiday ❄

Reactions: 4

lime

I love it. It never properly snows and stays where I live though. I think the last time was 10 years ago, December 2010 when most of the UK was covered. It felt like it snowed every day that month and anytime you left the house you had to be prepared for a trek through the snow. I remember me and my flatmate hosted a new year's eve house party, made a massive effort, decked the place out, got drinks and food and no one came in the end because it snowed so bad no one could get to us, and if you've ever seen it it was exactly like the Millennium episode of Gimme Gimme Gimme. lmao.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Tyla73

VIP Member
Snow is fine for a couple of days if you are fully stocked up with food and don’t have to get anywhere. If you need to go about your usual business though, its a massive pain in the arse. I hate driving in it and won’t even try nowadays.

Reactions: 2

1001 others

VIP Member
I thought this was going to be about illicit drugs! 🙃 ... which my answer to would have been "NO".

I love the romanticism of it ... snowing outside, warm log fire and hot chocolates inside ... it hardly ever snows where I am though.

• Haha

TJ90

VIP Member
I hate it. There’s always someone who gets hurt in snow. Whether it be someone slipping and breaking something or car crashes etc.

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I didn't like snow when I was working in retail and I had to get walk down icy roads veryyyy slowly, and freezing to get to the shop because there was no public transport 🤣 to be fair though, I got a few days off for when it was coming down heavy and we couldn't open the shop. Serious respect to my best friend who is a personal assistant to a few adults with serious disabilities. Even during the heavy snow period, she got up every morning and walked to in the cold to their homes to take care of them and their needs (she relies on public transport like me).

Now, I'm a lazy tech worker who works from home and has everything I need here so I don't hate or dread the idea of the snow lol. I just hope it won't be an issue for essential workers/people who rely on others to help them live day to day.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I hate it. It's cold and wet . I hate how other people g o on about it so much . I've never had any bother driving in the snow but I still hate it and driving in falling snow makes my eyes hurt.
There is a big hill where we are moving to and I'm dreading driving on that in crap weather.

Reactions: 1

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I love snow, but we rarely get any significant snow down South. :(

I love snow, but we rarely get any significant snow down South. :(

McNuggets

Chatty Member
It’s fun for the first hour or so but I dread having to go about my daily life i.e driving.

Skyeball

Chatty Member
I hate driving in it. I can't walk in it and I'm desperately hoping for the weather forecast to be correct and for it to be sleet, which is manageable.

lemonlime

VIP Member
Love it! Irritating when it freezes down to a block of dirty ice though, but we don't get snow the way we used to a few years ago. Crossing fingers for this year.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I don’t mind looking at it, but the novelty wears off pdq when I have to do anything in it. I’m terrified of falling as I’m a clumsy bugger and when I fall, I usually break something ...

openbook1

VIP Member
Yes. I'm in Canada and I like it which is good lol. Where I live, we have a dry climate and the snow is often more "dry" and light than wet and heavy. Much easier to shovel. I actually love shovelling it - it's a great workout. Love when it's a cold, crisp sunny day with a snow. Always say I will pick a dry - 20 sunny day with snow, over a damp 0 degree grey day back home in the UK. I also don't mind driving in snow. It took me a while to build confidence though.
I also live in the sunniest city in Canada and we get such little rainfall that I get excited when it rains 😂.