Do I want it? No. Do I need it? No. Save it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Managed to resist popping into Home Bargains on the way home :m I'd have easily spent £20/30 on complete rubbish

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just for anyone that mentioned the intelligent foundation (I’m sure it was here right?) you can get 3 for £28 ordering online at boots as it’s 342 and 15% off when you buy 2. Not encouraging anyone to buy but if it’s something you use then worth a look!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
After a rough weekend of exam revision and a moaning teenager plus a difficult therapy session this morning I took myself off for a walk in to town and treated myself a little- I got a little plant, some tulips, a couple of art pencils and a freddo bar. Grand total of £15. It’s been very therapeutic taking up drawing again today. The rest of this week will be more exam stress plus one of the kids having surgery so I felt the need for a little treat.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love spring flowers: tulips and daffodils really help brighten up the place. Not expensive either - love bunches of daffodils for £1 from Tesco

• Heart
Just for anyone that mentioned the intelligent foundation (I’m sure it was here right?) you can get 3 for £28 ordering online at boots as it’s 342 and 15% off when you buy 2. Not encouraging anyone to buy but if it’s something you use then worth a look!
There is also a code for another £5 off so I got 3 intelligent foundations and 3 hair products for £36. Well chuffed, thx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh I may need to treat myself, I have £35 on my advantage card but also get double points due to it being my birthday month :m
So technically it would be free and no spend!!

• Heart
tit day at work. I was tempted to swing by Boots for a peruse to cheer myself up but resisted. Just thought, I would rather add to my pot of money in case one day I decide to walk out. That is a cheerier thought than yet another blusher or lippie.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh guys. The local crackhead shoplifter has found out where we live. Is at the door multiple times a day. Not doing my saving efforts any good ffs. Well saying that we needed an intergrated cooker and his only gone and sold us one for £20.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Oh guys. The local crackhead shoplifter has found out where we live. Is at the door multiple times a day. Not doing my saving efforts any good ffs. Well saying that we needed an intergrated cooker and his only gone and sold us one for £20.
Weird post, boasting about this.Not doing anyone’s saving efforts any good either. Shoplifting just means the stores put money on other stuff to make up the losses.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How can you shoplift a cooker, it’s not like you can put it in your pocket! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Seeing friends after work today. Instead of getting an overpriced pastry that won't even fill me, I've packed a cheese sandwich to have for my dinner instead. Saving my money for one of their fancy mix herbal teas ✌

• Heart
Seeing friends after work today. Instead of getting an overpriced pastry that won't even fill me, I've packed a cheese sandwich to have for my dinner instead. Saving my money for one of their fancy mix herbal teas ✌
Ya see, your redefining what exactly a treat is!! This is what I am trying to do too because I realised I was doing certain things on autopilot. Like I would still get a nice coffee in a cafe but I never enjoy the buns and that in the places that have the best coffee and... I'd rather just get the coffee if I'm honest!! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
If you’re ever short on transport, lads once knocked on to offer my husband the police car they’d just robbed. We’re at a different address now but I’m happy to give you the What3Words of their mam.

(Love this thread, btw.)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've just set up a 'space' on Starling Bank with a savings goal. I've set an automatic transfer per week, and also put save the change on too. Used that years ago but it used to annoy me that my savings balance wasn't £x000.00 🤣🤣 However I'm going to give this a go and see if I can forget about it and let the auto savings do its job. Can obviously add more in if needed but I like the aspect of taking the money without you having to do it. Reminds me of the tax on my payslip haha

Reactions: 11
I received an online clothes order today - 2 items, one has a small hole, the other reeked of cigarette smoke and was missing its tags. I called the helpline to let them know (I don't want to get knocked because they think I took the labels off and walked it through a tabacco factory). The lady on the phone apologised and sent the order out again without the additional shipping fees. I was pleased to learn that one of the items now has a lower price (yay!), but I wonder if they will refund the shipping fees for the original order too, seeing as they sent out faulty stock and it was returned in full. That would mean I saved 10 quid.
The not so great news is that I have to buy a new set of sport glasses and the gits on the national board have raised tournament fees.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.