Do I want it? No. Do I need it? No. Save it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s also about being seen to have all the things. Who needs all the things really though? They just make your house impossible to tidy and clean, and get you into debt. Advertising is definitely part of the issue… I always say stick VIP on the end of anything and my husband would immediately buy or or upgrade. Simply because he wants the best of everything.

But really, it’s the little things and being free that is good for the soul.

Sorry, I realise I have a lot to say about this subject but I feel like I’ve slowly been finding the light over the last couple of years. That most things are simply designed to make you part with money to faceless corporations who don’t give a damn if you can afford it or not. But if we find the simpler things in life, we can still be happy and have great experiences.
That’s where it’s definitely all about a mindset shift. I’ve realised for me, something has shifted and I don’t care about having the latest whatever. Also since last year I’ve been trying to cut down on my plastic use, and that sort of led me to considering the sustainability of the products I’m buying. I absolutely don’t want to sound preachy, but it does mean I can walk into boots or most high street shops and have zero interest in most of the stuff there. Of course it just means I have to stop myself stocking up on the stuff I do buy, so doesn’t mean I save any money. However from an impulse pov it’s helped my buying habits.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That’s where it’s definitely all about a mindset shift. I’ve realised for me, something has shifted and I don’t care about having the latest whatever. Also since last year I’ve been trying to cut down on my plastic use, and that sort of led me to considering the sustainability of the products I’m buying. I absolutely don’t want to sound preachy, but it does mean I can walk into boots or most high street shops and have zero interest in most of the stuff there. Of course it just means I have to stop myself stocking up on the stuff I do buy, so doesn’t mean I save any money. However from an impulse pov it’s helped my buying habits.
I did this pre covid on my food shop and lost a load of weight. I managed to get my black bin waste down to 1 bag every 6 weeks for 2 adults.
I'm not much of a consumer anyway but the taking out your pocket money is something I do. I usually take out £100 for a month for little purchases such as a coffee out. I very rarely buy a takeaway coffee as that's not really a treat in the same way sitting in and reading a book is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’ve started back on my tret journey and have got the peelies bad so was hitting up Look Fantastic and Boots website to find a new moisturiser to help. Then had the brainwave to check out my advent calendar product box and found an absolutely fab intensive moisturiser that will do just the job 👌🏼 so money saved, ideal and hopefully the tret flakes will go soon!
Ooh what moisturiser is it?
---
This week so far I’ve talked myself out of:

• A £50 Stanley cup 🥲 my brother told me my Chillys water bottle is just as good, and I don’t even use it

• £500 AirPod max, I wanted these for a while because my AirPods keep falling out my ears lol, and I love the look of them

• A Caudalie eye cream. This was a stupid idea anyways because I realised I already had a Caudalie brightening eye cream (not sure if it’s the exact same one?), that I could use up before getting another
You will never beat your chillys water bottle, my little trooper is 3 this year and it’s glued to me every day, even in the house. I use it to even fill up before bed so I can have cold water first thing (part of my habit stacking lol).

I think you have very similar shopping/browsing habits to me, so solidarity girl ❤ we’ve got this!

Payday for me today and I actually got my whole pay check instead of a chunk being swallowed by a “oh duck it” overdraft

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@pinkmug Drink the good tea - no point getting hit by a bus and your loved ones tossing your fancy teas in a skip.

Wear the best clothes, spray the spendy scents, set fire to the posh candle.

After a day or two berating myself for a weekend splurge, I realised that because I’ve not been a Shopping Dick the rest of the month - that’s exactly why I AM able to draw from savings made this month rather than be up a creek without a paddle.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.