Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm all booked 4 nights in Disneyland Hotel itself!!!!! I am SO excited. Going start of October alone :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Based on all the videos I've seen it's a get there at the crack, bash as much out as you can in a few hours and sod off situation.

When I did Disneyland in Nov/Dec I found that doing very early or park close worked best for actually getting on stuff and it being as quiet as you could get it.

So I'm gonna do that this year at WDW and see how I get on.

Reactions: 4
Based on all the videos I've seen it's a get there at the crack, bash as much out as you can in a few hours and sod off situation.

When I did Disneyland in Nov/Dec I found that doing very early or park close worked best for actually getting on stuff and it being as quiet as you could get it.

So I'm gonna do that this year at WDW and see how I get on.
I’d definitely rather do early parks then shop/pool in the afternoon!

Reactions: 1
Someone was saying do early mornings, break for lunch/pool time, back to the parks for the evening. If you have genie+ then stacking through the day for the evening seems to work pretty well. For us this is basically how we split our days when we’re there anyway so hopefully we won’t notice too much difference!

Reactions: 3
I’ve read more good reports on genie plus recently, I think it’s more about how you use it. When I checked the app seems plenty of availability as well

I've learned about this Landry's select card from watching Anni Stores, has anyone else used it? You appear to pay 25 dollars which then comes off the food bill at one of their restaurants and you earn points to get money off eventual food bills and preferred seating, this means you don't have to wait long at somewhere like Bubba gumps. It looks like it can be used at a handful of places at Disney like Yak and Yeti, Rainforest Cafe and somewhere on the Boardwalk, has anyone else used it? https://www.landrysselect.com/locations/

Reactions: 2
I’ve read more good reports on genie plus recently, I think it’s more about how you use it. When I checked the app seems plenty of availability as well
Hopefully this means Disney have actually taken notice of the level of complaints about it. It's certainly put me off visiting again until it's sorted out.

I've learned about this Landry's select card from watching Anni Stores, has anyone else used it? You appear to pay 25 dollars which then comes off the food bill at one of their restaurants and you earn points to get money off eventual food bills and preferred seating, this means you don't have to wait long at somewhere like Bubba gumps. It looks like it can be used at a handful of places at Disney like Yak and Yeti, Rainforest Cafe and somewhere on the Boardwalk, has anyone else used it? https://www.landrysselect.com/locations/
Yes we’ve used one for years! Mainly for Yak and Yeti 😋
Put your birthday down for when you’re there and you get a free $25 to use on your birthday month too.

Yes we’ve used one for years! Mainly for Yak and Yeti 😋
Put your birthday down for when you’re there and you get a free $25 to use on your birthday month too.
Happily my birthday is actually the day we fly out in November. Presumably you can't use the birthday 25 and new user 25 on one meal....

Happily my birthday is actually the day we fly out in November. Presumably you can't use the birthday 25 and new user 25 on one meal....
No it has to be used separately. I’ve heard of people splitting the bill and using both that way if you’re only planning on visiting one Landrys restaurant though.

I booked last month, we were supposed to go Dec 2020, so we're now going December year. I stupidly booked and did t add tickets as I thought they were included with the hotel as we're staying at Coronado springs. I need to read through this thread, but is it worth getting genie, it's an extra £500, I'll have an 8 year old and 3 year old, so I'm not sure if it applies to rides they'd use.
Has anyone taken children and had to a lift whilst there? I read children have to test after 5 days.

I booked last month, we were supposed to go Dec 2020, so we're now going December year. I stupidly booked and did t add tickets as I thought they were included with the hotel as we're staying at Coronado springs. I need to read through this thread, but is it worth getting genie, it's an extra £500, I'll have an 8 year old and 3 year old, so I'm not sure if it applies to rides they'd use.
Has anyone taken children and had to a lift whilst there? I read children have to test after 5 days.
Have you stayed at coronado before? Its a great resort!
Personally I dont think Genie is worth it

Based on all the videos I've seen I won't be getting Genie +

Anyone flying out soon? My trip isn't until October so let me live vicariously through you

Reactions: 2
Have you stayed at coronado before? Its a great resort!
Personally I dont think Genie is worth it
I've not, I've only been to Florida once for my honeymoon and we stayed on I drive. When we booked for 2020 we were staying at the beach club, but that's gone up too much in price now. I liked the look of the Coronado, we were going to book port Orleans but when we looked at the room it only had a curtain between the bathroom and room so it put us off 😂
I keep hearing mixed views on genie, I'm not sure it will be worth it for us, with us having young children. I'm not sure they'll be that bothered about the rides, more about the experiences.

Anyone else going soon? I’m going on Thursday and I am very excited! Am quite gutted that we leave the day before Guardians of the Galaxy opens but what can you do 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.