Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a question about disneyland paris if anyone can help (save me calling and spending ages on hold haha)

If yours staying on site and have paid for breakfast to be included, do you still need to book a table for each morning in advance? Something at the back of my mind is telling me you do
It’s been a good few years since I’ve been to DLP, but we would always hit the park for the extra opening hours, then go back to the hotel for the last breakfast seating, we would always stay at the Disneyland hotel and they would be doing the breakfast/ lunch crossover so we got a bit of both & that kept us ticking over till later

Reactions: 2
So I had booked a couple of nights at Animal Kingdom lodge for my holiday in October. I've decided I'm gonna cancel. I did the Grand Californian last year and it was so so so overpriced for what it was.

Looking at extending my time at Universal and getting a deluxe hotel for two nights there instead. Miles cheaper plus you get unlimited express passes included and you can get the water taxi over to the parks.

Disney portion of the holiday is getting smaller and smaller 😂

Reactions: 3
Currently at DLP and absolutely delighted to report that the magic is still here. The 30th anniversary celebrations are just stunning, so much better than the WDW 50th.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ah have a great time! I’ve not done DLP yet
Thank you. Can't recommend coming during the 30th anniversary celebrations highly enough. The park decorations are stunning and the shows/parades are the best I've ever seen at a Disney park. It's the first time Disney has used drones in the night show and they're amazing.

• Heart
Sounds lovely! Did DLP last year with the fella and had a pretty fun time. I've heard good things about the 30th.

Reactions: 1
Currently at DLP and absolutely delighted to report that the magic is still here. The 30th anniversary celebrations are just stunning, so much better than the WDW 50th.
I am going for a day in April and this has made me excited!

Have booked all my park reservations for September and our resort! We decided to go for Pop and go for 3 weeks rather than stay at a moderate or deluxe and go for less time.

We’ve also booked a couple of nights at royal pacific at universal in Orlando so I’m really excited about that as it means we get unlimited express passes .. so I’ll be going in forbidden journey about 500 times 😂

What is everyone’s favourite table service restaurants as WDW? We have only done QS before as we are trying to fit everything in over 2 weeks but think we will have time for some TS this year.

Reactions: 4
I'm doing a couple of nights at Royal Pacific too. Can't wait, looks epic!

I'm gonna go to Homecoming for the chicken biscuits. So so good!

I love Royal Pacific I think it’s my favourite of the top 3.

@JLXRD My favourite table service restaurants are; Homecomin, Sanaa, Yak and Yeti, Skipper Canteen and ‘Ohana.

We booked our flights today 🎉 Splitting 3 weeks between Portofino Bay and PO French Quarter. I’m conscious of the negative reviews but I think we’ll still have a good time!

I'm doing a couple of nights at Royal Pacific too. Can't wait, looks epic!

I'm gonna go to Homecoming for the chicken biscuits. So so good!
Those biscuits are 🤤🤤

What is everyone’s favourite table service restaurants as WDW? We have only done QS before as we are trying to fit everything in over 2 weeks but think we will have time for some TS this year.
We love:
La Hacienda de San Angel (epcot)
Wolfgang puck (springs)
California Grill (contemporary)
‘Ohana (polynesian)
Morimoto Asia (springs)

@Thefrenchie1616 Morimoto Asia and Wolfgang Puck are on our list for next time. We used to love the quick service WP so have high expectations for the table service version!

Magic Kingdom
Skippers Canteen
Plaza Restaurant

Epcot
Le Celier
Tokyo Dining
San Angel Inn

Resorts
Sanaa (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge - this is a buffet but is amazing for both breakfast and dinner)
California Grill (Contemporary)
Beaches and Cream (Yacht and Beach Club)
Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge)

I never ate in any table service in Hollywood Studios or in Animal Kingdom so I don’t have recommendations for there. If I had to pick just one I’d recommend Sanaa - it’s my must eat place now every time I visit. The bread service is elite level.

@Emmapism ahh homecoming I have always wanted to go to for the devilled eggs and the chicken with doughnuts so that might have to be this trip! It’s whether I’m willing to sacrifice a blaze pizza though on a DS night!

@Toffee finger @kazizzle @Thefrenchie1616 thank you for the recs, I shall go have a look at some menus.

Glad to hear good things about royal pacific.

which is the one inside the Mexico pavilion near 3C? Is it san angel inn or hacienda?

We had been thinking about taking a trip back to disneyland paris in 2022 but something that was stopping me was my foot injury. I hurt my foot a year ago roller blading and it's still not better 🥲

After 2 years of covid holding us back I didn't want my stupid body to hold us back. So yesterday we bit the bullet and booked it for late September but I'm still worried that my foot won't cope with all the walking. For context, it'll be a 2 night stay in Sequoia Lodge Mon-weds.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this kind of thing? Are there wheelchairs that anyone can hire if necessary?
Obviously Florida is off the cards for the foreseeable 😪 but I really want to go DLP at least

• Heart
We had been thinking about taking a trip back to disneyland paris in 2022 but something that was stopping me was my foot injury. I hurt my foot a year ago roller blading and it's still not better 🥲

After 2 years of covid holding us back I didn't want my stupid body to hold us back. So yesterday we bit the bullet and booked it for late September but I'm still worried that my foot won't cope with all the walking. For context, it'll be a 2 night stay in Sequoia Lodge Mon-weds.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this kind of thing? Are there wheelchairs that anyone can hire if necessary?
Obviously Florida is off the cards for the foreseeable 😪 but I really want to go DLP at least
I haven’t rented one myself but seen it mentioned in fb groups quite often. You can rent them by the entrance to the parks
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/faq/guests-with-disabilities/wheelchair-rental/

• Heart

I've lost count the amount of times I've been to DLP. I worked as a Disney travel agent so was lucky enough to go for educational trips.
I've stayed at Sequoia Lodge twice and it's within a reasonable 10 min walking distance from SL entrance to the parks and buses are regular.
The parks at DLP are fairly compact. Lots to do but not as spread out as WDW...

Planning your day will make all the difference. Use EMH whilst the parks are quiet. And go back to the room as many times as you need to.

Now, I don't know if they still do this but If your foot is really holding you back, then speak to your GP to see if you can get a letter (they will charge it as private), with this letter, DLP will issue you with an 'Orange pass', this doesn't let you bypass queues but it does allow you to 'virtually' queue, allowing you to wait somewhere more comfortable.

One word of advice for the Sequoia Lodge, is that it is a *huge* resort. If you are in the outbuildings, the walk from the main entrance to your room can be a trek. Some of the outbuildings are closer to the Cheyenne. I would definitely try and request a room as close to the main building as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And if you just want somewhere to have a sit down in the parks I recommend Café Hyperion in Discovery Land. There's either a show to watch or cartoons and there's also an area where you can chill and recharge your phone.

• Heart
Very helpful advice, thank you guys! I'm definitely going to try to take it easy and not rush around like I usually would want to in Disney parks. Going to try to have lots of breaks and make use of hotel bars and cafes.

I had thought about the orange pass but feel really awkward asking a doctor for something like that.. I always feel like they'll say no!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.